• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that BUG you about the show

J.R.

My only complaint is that they do not use brock like they did in the 1st season. If you watch Brock in Kanye and compare him to how he was during Hoenn until now(Or maybe I should say until the end of Battle frontier...He is showing some charater development in D/P..Car Ride with that girl, Sudowoodo, ect.), you'd see that he was FAR more interesting and naive then...I'm not going to get into detail, but it seems like nowadays he is the "Mature and Experienced" member of the group. In my opinion, that needs to be changed. I grew up to a Brock that was somewhat of a 'best friend' to Ash(minus Pikachu). They were on the same level mentally(Brock somewhat more mature) and that made the show much more enjoyable to watch.

Gigaguy373

ash has completely PWNED people before

he owns team rocket (though it doesn't really count)

he owned wats his face... the 3rd gym leader in hoenn (though his pikachu was superchraged)

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
I love the Pokemon anime, so there aren't many things that I dislike about it. ^^

Anyway, these are the only things that bug me about the Pokemon anime:

- the new voices (especially Ash's, cause most of the time, it has no emotion and that has ruined just about every Ash centered episode for me - also, in the most recent episodes of D/P, I noticed that Sarah's Ash voice is very inconsistent, cause both the voice and the acting seem to change between one episode and the next).

- the lines in the script (in certain episodes, I don't like the way they've written the dialogue - apparently, Ash was out of character in a few episodes, and I really hated that!!)

- breaking the 4th wall (yes, it's funny when Pokemon USA does that, but come on - they're WAY overdoing it with that in my opinion! I mean, sure 4Kids had Team Rocket break the 4th wall too, but they never broke the 4th wall quite that often O_O)

Anyway, basically my opinion on 4th wall breaking is that, if Pokemon USA did it every so often and spread it out (between the episodes where it's done), that would be a good thing. I don't have a problem with that. However, in my opinion, if they break the 4th wall many times and too often in the anime, then it ruins the "realism" of the show (a quote from the 3rd movie commentary comes to mind here, because it was either Michael or Norman who mentioned something about this subject).

uber gon

Accept Change
CERTAIN plotholes not being completed sorta bugs me.

Soulworage717

Registeel.
ash has completely PWNED people before

he owns team rocket (though it doesn't really count)

he owned wats his face... the 3rd gym leader in hoenn (though his pikachu was superchraged)

...Team Rocket makes for 95% of the experience Ash gets. They never change, so it's no wonder Ash defeats them all the time....**** man anybody can defeat them.

Great, you named one. Can you name another? No? Then Ash does not pwn. Those are considered flukes. In the end, they look at how many times you have pwned. Once or twice is not satisfiable.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
The only thing that annoys me about the show is the lack of character history on Ash. Interesting when we know more about team rocket's past and hardly anything about Ash.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
The only thing that annoys me about the show is the lack of character history on Ash. Interesting when we know more about team rocket's past and hardly anything about Ash.

Or most of the main characters like Misty, Tracy, and some others.

For me its
Ash never went back for Pidgeot
Team Rocket in every episode and not getting any better
Pikachu tends to reset it's level after every saga
The battles can be more intense with better animation
Legendaries get stopped by simple machines
Ash doesn't rotate his guys around so guys like cyndaquil wont be fighting ever again
Ash should atleast be able to put up a decent fight against legendaries and e4 members
Hyper beams the constantly spammed beat all end all move for big guys or legendaries

I'll leave it at that for now. If the anime were like the manga then it'd be so much better. straight to the point, better plots, there's actually love involved(RSE). Yeah in my opinion, the only good parts of the anime are gym and league episodes.

SudovVoOdO

The afro is powerful
What bothers me?

TR being in each episode... they're ok but not in each episode plz..
There were never real villains, they were never so dangerous...
Pokémon battles:eek:nce a week, then they screw it up.

But that's the genre of this animé. If you don't like it don't watch it.

Honestly, I hate it. Ash and his friends rarely evolve their pokemon and they win the battles against much stronger trainers. I wont forget that episode when Phnapy (probably level 5) beat Arbok and Weezing. It was stupid and in the game would be impossible. Arbok and Weezing have been much longer on the world than Phnapy and their level was much higher - so I really dont know why they lost to the small pokemon. The anime isnt really related with the games, both have almost nothing common. Levels, evolutions, movepools.... I have a feeling that everything what is important in the games doesnt exist in the show.

That's because the games aren't the show. Which is a good thing.

Who cares if Phanpy beat Arbok and Weezing? It had to be introduced someway. The anime is predominantly character based, and having realisitc to the game would be BORING.

To clarify, I'm not anti-evo. I love Muk,Pidgeotto/ot, Kingler and pretty much all os Ash's pokes. However, a lot of people clamour for constant evo's, which isn't cool. Bulbasaur's refusal to evolve was one of the best episodes ever.

Ash NOT letting TR steal WILD POKEMON!!!

In pikachus goodbye he could of let TR steal one wild pikachu but NOOOOOO he had to save every last one! Who cares if TR starves because stealing WILD pokemon is SOOOOOOOOOOO evil. Like WILD pokemon are *Sarcasm* REALLY gonna miss there trainers *End Sarcasm*.

:meowthbal Sorry but I am a real big TR supporter and hate Ash for this reason.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
team rocket are annoying after 9 years
I wish they would include more in game items and poke marts in the anime
and getting to see fushai city and blackthorn city instead of just the gyms

pokemorph??huh

i think ash is quite thick cos in one epesoed called second times the chrame the frountier brain fanceied the pants out of ash and he was like a robot

what they should do is get rid of ash and replace him=^_^=

Champion Jared 14

Team Rocket is there for comedy, and Ash's further experience. But it would be nice if they were a little more challenging. At least be able to battle head-to-head with ash and co.

They never resolved the GS ball plot. A very big mistake. Made Johto very much unfinished and less enjoyable.

Ash wins too much for me. I know, he's traveled around a LOT, but he can't get his new pokes as strong as pikachu in a snap? And other trainers give him trouble? Then he needs to be PWNED.

Let Ash remember and have knowledge of pokemon types. He always tries to shock ground-type pokes with pikachu. I say, he needs to learn about all the ground types out there before automaticall sending out pikachu to battle them.

Brock and Dawn need to pwn Team Rocket more!!! Ash does this all the time, it;s time to spread the fun around. If they're gonna be there long enogh to collect dust while traveling, they might as well battle a lot more. There isn't always a breeding affair or a contest going on ya know...

TokyoMewMew

Its Prime Time!
One terrible thing that bugs me is that when a new season comes out, they always have to change the voice of Ash. It's pretty annoying.

Ky-nim

I dunno?
The "omg your lame story is so cool" line.

I think the flashbacky things are okay, but not good enough for a WOW scene. Stupid dubs.

And the clothes. May's were fine. Misty...scary shorts but okay. Dawn...DON'T YOUR UNDERWEAR CHAFE FROM VARIOUS WALKING/RUNNING/SITTING THINGS YOU DO AROUND SINNOH (grassy places arent carpets) WITH THAT RIDICULOUS SKIRT?!

Ratikal

The fact that is just 3 kids wandering the country side bugs me. Theres no real plot to it. I mean yea, Ash wants to become the Pokemon Master whatever. But I mean, theirs such a lack of villians. I hope Team Galatic comes around soon.

There isn't any real major character development either. It's just all of sudden we have Dawn. She gets no real background besides wanting to be a Pokemon Coordinator and I guess she likes cute things.

Meh, I'm probably wrong on the second opinion.

ijea4444

i want brock to get some of his poke back. i mean he has 4 fully evolved. (not100% sure) but still he has sudowoodo and croagunk, strong pokes and a happiny.

Rex Kamex

Pokemon and pocket monsters are diffrent
hikari and dawn are diffrent
satoshi and ash are diffrent

Not really, for any of those. Personality-wise, Ash and Dawn aren't different at all.

poke voice are diffrent

Voices of the Pokemon... yeah, for plenty of the Pokemon.

Anyway, this could count as biggest mistakes the writers have ever made, but...

I know that the Pokemon TV show was made as an advertisement for the games, but I don't like when the advertising takes over the story of the series. I would've much had the writers develop May a lot more and make her the permanent girl co-star of the show rather than just let her and Max go simply to have Dawn become the coordinator while a lot of the other elements in the show remained the same. This is (obviously) one of the examples that I am annoyed with.

Unoriginality in the series happens too much, although D/P (and some/many things of AG) seem to change things. Besides the bike-destroying thing (honestly, is it really going to kill people if the girl character doesn't have a broken bike?) and some similar plotlines in episodes (I wouldn't mind this if it only happened a few times, but there are many situations of this), not to mention situations like the Manaphy movie (it looked cool, but they finally gave May a major role in a movie and it turned out to be something similar to Max's in the Jirachi movie) the same goes with some of the Pokemon. (I really don't think it was necessary for May to have Squirtle, Munchlax, or Bulbasaur. Also, Ash doesn't have to be the one to catch the bird Pokemon of the region- besides Johto of course.)

Also, (and I can't blame everything about this on the writers because it's more of Nintento's fault) series-wise, Pokemon doesn't have use any gigantic storyline other than Ash's goal to be a Pokemon Master. What I mean by that is, as Nintendo makes more Pokemon games for new regions, Ash goes from one region to another region to another. It's never decided that he goes there until the last moment (but by that time the games are already announced) either.

The show has never actually said what a Pokemon Master is, and so we don't actually know how close Ash is getting to his goal. (I mean, he's making plenty of progress, but we never see Ash get a major plan to become a Master. Not that he should focus on that only and forget about his Pokemon, but surely he'd be doing something major that'll help him reach his goal. ...Then again, since we don't know how to become a Master, we can't say he isn't following the right steps, but... how do we know how close Ash is to becoming a Master?) Simply put, we've been seeing more of Ash going from region to region to catch and train new Pokemon than knowing exactly what it takes to be a Master (although training is important.) Meh, I can't seem to explain it right.

The problems regarding continuity, plot holes, and plot convinience is another thing. I'm also kinda bugged that we never really see where Ash gets his money and where Team Rocket get their money for things. We don't really see that many trials that Ash has to face involving the journey itself.

And I agree with Gravy when it comes to certain people of the fanbase. I guess you can find that with every fanbase, but I find it a major problem here. (Not enough to leave, of course.)

But, all in all (or whatever), I still like Pokemon.