• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that BUG you about the show

zeno48

Zaker!
The only thing that annoys me about the show is the lack of character history on Ash. Interesting when we know more about team rocket's past and hardly anything about Ash.

I agree with you on this and what happened to pusas promise or whoever said that Ashes father was going to be reaveled this season?

Rex Kamex

i think thats its weird that it says "gottA catchem all" even tho he barely catches 10 [excludin 1st series]

It's an American slogan made by Nintendo of America. It's a catchy phrase and all, but it provides more inconvenience than good, IMO. The Japanese writers are not making Ash catch every single Pokemon, anyway.

They did get rid of that slogan a while back.

uber gon

Accept Change
For me its
Ash never went back for Pidgeot
Team Rocket in every episode and not getting any better
Pikachu tends to reset it's level after every saga
The battles can be more intense with better animation
Legendaries get stopped by simple machines
Ash doesn't rotate his guys around so guys like cyndaquil wont be fighting ever again
Ash should atleast be able to put up a decent fight against legendaries and e4 members
Hyper beams the constantly spammed beat all end all move for big guys or legendaries

I'll leave it at that for now. If the anime were like the manga then it'd be so much better. straight to the point, better plots, there's actually love involved(RSE). Yeah in my opinion, the only good parts of the anime are gym and league episodes.

Well it's a kid's show so some things (love, for example) won't be adressed thoroughly.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
Here's my list of annoyances

1. TR- I admit they're funny sometimes, and I liked them at first, but the show up EVERY SINGLE MOTHER FREAKING EPISODE!!!! Good God!! They do the same thing every time! Try to steal Pikachu, almost suceed, and then fail horribly. And where the hell do they get the money for the machines they use? If I were Giovanni, I would't even give them a dime.

2. Ash's Battles- They are cool sometimes, but Ash always uses the same tatics and moves. Also, they could space out the battles. Ash always has a battle in at least once per episode.

3. Ash is Gay- I've only seen Ash hit on a girl once, and that was in the first season. Either he's gay or has not gotten hormones.

4. Gym Leaders are Weak- with the exeption of Norman(my fave!!!) and a few others, the gym battles only take about 15 minutes. Norman and Winona's battles were full episode lengnthed, but most others went down in half that time.

5. Ash's Team is weak- Ash should get some bigger, stronger Pokemon. He always gets small, basic ones.

6. Ash Dumps his Team Every Season or Region- He kicks them to the curb like they're some cheap girlfriend. He should stick to a team at least two seasons, instead of just taking Pikachu.

7. Pikachu-Pikachu is always being stolen and being the only Pokemon Ash takes with him. Don't get me wrong, Pikachu is cute, but he's not the cutest.

Last edited:

Soulworage717

Registeel.
For me its
Ash never went back for Pidgeot
Team Rocket in every episode and not getting any better
Pikachu tends to reset it's level after every saga
The battles can be more intense with better animation
Legendaries get stopped by simple machines
Ash doesn't rotate his guys around so guys like cyndaquil wont be fighting ever again
Ash should atleast be able to put up a decent fight against legendaries and e4 members
Hyper beams the constantly spammed beat all end all move for big guys or legendaries

I'll leave it at that for now. If the anime were like the manga then it'd be so much better. straight to the point, better plots, there's actually love involved(RSE). Yeah in my opinion, the only good parts of the anime are gym and league episodes.

Ash never went back for Pidgeot: Pidgeot, although not the most effective Pokemon, was cool. Why they still don't care about Pidgeot is beyond me.

Team Rocket in every episode and not getting any better: Proven to be a problem.

Pikachu tends to reset it's level after every saga: It's what we have to go through. Since Ash doesn't want to part with his special friend. I don't care about this at all because as stupid as it is, it's the best reason we got.

The battles can be more intense with better animation: Agreed. Needs less stock footage for crying out loud!

Legendaries get stopped by simple machines: To add on, Bad guys in the Pokemon Universe are the most pansiest of bad guys.

Ash doesn't rotate his guys around so guys like cyndaquil wont be fighting ever again: 110% agreed. And he wants to be a Pokemon Master. The stupid dork.

Ash should atleast be able to put up a decent fight against legendaries and e4 members: That's the opposite of what I believe. Ash needs to stop HAXing against Legendaries. However Ash needs to stop losing against E4 members. That being said, E4 needs to exist in the anime.

Hyper beams the constantly spammed beat all end all move for big guys or legendaries: I #%$*ing hate that too. Stupid textbook Soma Beam...

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
TEAM ROCKET
Does anyone else think that they are just extremely annoying.
They should have more battles and less Team Rocket.
BATTLES
Am I the only one who sees something wrong with the connection of the bolded?

And aren't they basically battling Rocket Gang?

Things that bug me about the show... things that bug me about the show...

I've explained my griped about the show many times in other threads in the past. If I explain it again here then I'll just be beating a dead horse.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
Ash-Bashers. I hate them. We should kill them off or make them interesting.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
ash.

i wish they'd just kill him off already. either that, or make him more interesting.
Yes. Let's kill the main character!

And then make the anime centered around contests! Yes!

savdjkasvjhvaf!!@@!

While we're at it, let's kill Hikari and turn it into a cooking show. Food animu all around. ^_^

:rolleyes:

Satoshi is just about as interesting as any other Pokemon character. I don't know why people haven't figured this out already.

Last edited:

Soulworage717

Registeel.
I LOVE PEOPLE WHO DON'T THINK IT OVER!!!

EVERYBODY! LET'S CELEBRATE THICK SKULLS FOR TODAY!

-----

Back on topic, Satoshi, you could've at least give us a link to one of your previous gripes. >_> It would help us.

Soulworage717

Registeel.
Adding on to that, why does everybody in the Pokemon universe can't tell a disguise when they see one? It's like Team Rocket are descendants of Count Olaf or something.

Also why can't the police force do ANYTHING to stop the evil Teams and every second cop is Jenny?

Humorously, in a Kanto league episode, Jennie actually thought her Growlithe was Arcanine. I lol'd.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Back on topic, Satoshi, you could've at least give us a link to one of your previous gripes. >_> It would help us.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=4622317&postcount=16
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=4319098&postcount=5

There. Honestly, it was 11:00 when I made the post, I need sleep. Give me a break. ;_;
Ash and co.
Seriously, how can they not see though team rockets disguises.I mean seirously its so obvious.
Ash and co? ASH AND CO?!

Almost everybody and their mothers in the Pokemon!Anime universe can't see through the Rocket's disguises. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Soulworage717

Registeel.
Huzzah. Crushing lines over lines of words.

Thanks Satoshi.

Deathrow

what id like would be to get rid of team rocket and show team galactic once in a while, and 2 out of a whole gang are the idiot
and follow the game storyline 100% which a few knock offs

like real animes aint repetitive: bleach etc. but without cursing :p

and to get rid of ash and brock and make it lucas/dawn/rival journey together

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
There are SO many things that bug me about the show.

1.) Ash and James' new voice actors.

2.) Ash didn't get Buizel.

3.) Wobuffet (sp?) and Meowth are just there, they do noting, they can't even battle.

4.) Ash doesn't rotate his team.

5.) Jenny is basically the only cop and Joy is basically the only nurse. Can't we have an Officer Kenny and a Doctor Roy?

6.) Ash is supposed to be one of the best trainers alive, yet he loses so many battles, he can't beat Paul. He can't beat Roark. Do you know how many water nd grass types Ash has? If he'd rotate, maybe he wouldn't lose as much.

7.) Ash declined a Frontier Brain Position. He could have said, "I accept, but I only want to become a Brain after my journey has ended." or something like that. Now when Ash's Journey ends, if it ends, he'll be a nobody with an undeveloped team.

8.) Altomare and Orre were never showcased.

9.) They screwed up with Teams Aqua and Magma, definately with Rocket too. They'll do the same thing with Galactic.

10.) Why doesn't Ash battle Giovanni in the last epi and why can't Ash catch a legend in the last epi. It's not like Ash's journey will continue after the last epi. And if Brandon and friends can have ubers than why can't Ash?

I have a lot more but be realistic, it's 4 in the morning, I need sleep.

Last edited:

Charlord

Charizard Master
i love the show and wouldn't have it any other way, ash is awesome, although Team Rocket is pretty weird. and if u hate pokemon so much, WHY R U ON HERE?!!

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Why doesn't Ash battle Giovanni in the last epi and why can't Ash catch a legend in the last ep
And...you know he doesn't...because you've seen the last episode?

That being said, E4 needs to exist in the anime.

Because Ash has already met Lucien and Cynthia, and both hinted at him battling them near then end of the season (and showing cameos of the other three members)

Last edited: