• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that BUG you about the show

TysonKO

TEAM ROCKET
Does anyone else think that they are just extremely annoying.
They should have more battles and less Team Rocket.
BATTLES
I mean seriously Ash has maybe 1 battle every episode how can that be fun?
One other thing is that he is always the underdog and he always wins? What are the chanses of that? I have never seen him totally PWN someone its always a come from behind victory.

Pokemon is the most succesful anime based on a videogame ever and its also the longest running animated airtime wise it surpasses simpsons and southpark. If they only made some tweaks the show would be a whole lot better.

Dax

Legend
The show is not only battling. There's something called plot and it needs to be developed in all the episode. Watching battle after battle and after battle would be boring. I prefer a strong plot with at least one battle or 2 per episode.

The only that is bugging me is Turtwig's personality. It's cute sometimes but other than that he bores me sometimes.

And for some reason I learned to get used to Team Rocket, they still provide me some comedy here an there.

Pearl's Perap

Team Rocket make the show what it is, without it, pokémon would be totally different, though they are repetitive, that's just pokémon for you.

Without them, also, there would be little to no comedy, and to be honest, I think it is one of the only things pokémon has going for it, especially James' comedy...

TysonKO

Team Rocket make the show what it is, without it, pokémon would be totally different, though they are repetitive, that's just pokémon for you.

Without them, also, there would be little to no comedy, and to be honest, I think it is one of the only things pokémon has going for it, especially James' comedy...

Yeah you are right about james, he is the funniest guy in the show simply because he is a crossdressing hightalking spoiled blue haired thief. Got to love the variety... :p

Dax

Legend
I actually prefer Jessie. I like her more. She's the one that is getting something more to do since she participates in contests.

Seviper

Without Team Rocket the show would be extremelly boring, the only funny thing would be Brock and Munchlax (Before DP).
Something that bugs me is that all the characters should get more Pokémon as in the old days when Ash had to send Krabby, Snorlax, Tauros and Muk to Prof. Oak, nowdays they all (Ash, Brock...) get no more than about 5 Pokémon per Region which they keep in their party.

Q-Dizzle16

Okay so we all agree Team Rocket is good for the show. Back on topic!

What bugs me about the show is that Ash is constantly the underdog and never really kicks any *** and his overuse of the typical "Friendship conquers all, we can do it together" crap.

zeno48

Zaker!
TEAM ROCKET
Does anyone else think that they are just extremely annoying.
They should have more battles and less Team Rocket.
BATTLES
I mean seriously Ash has maybe 1 battle every episode how can that be fun?
One other thing is that he is always the underdog and he always wins? What are the chanses of that? I have never seen him totally PWN someone its always a come from behind victory.

Pokemon is the most succesful anime based on a videogame ever and its also the longest running animated airtime wise it surpasses simpsons and southpark. If they only made some tweaks the show would be a whole lot better.

Can't you deal with it? It's not perfect but it's enjoyable nontheless. Stop complaining and just watch the show for enjoyment.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
One thing that I hate about the anime is the annoying is how stupid Team Rocket came out to be in the very beggining they where somewhat evil now they are just dimwits

zeno48

Zaker!
One thing that I hate about the anime is the annoying is how stupid Team Rocket came out to be in the very beggining they where somewhat evil now they are just dimwits

lol yeah but without them the show would be so boring and would have been canceled a long time ago.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
lol yeah but without them the show would be so boring and would have been canceled a long time ago.

Yeah I guess the reviews went harsh in the beggining since they were devious and not blithering idiots

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Has nobody seen the battle where Ash fought Casey?
Ash just left from winning the Orange League and went to Jhoto with a full team. (This was before his "fresh start" every region.)
He used Charizard to beat her Chikorita, Pidgey, and Rattata without any effort. He also asked it to hold back a little at the end.
I don't like how the girls Brock flirts with just sweat and say nothing.
I still always laugh when he gets pulled, punched, or dragged away but it would be cool if they said something before he gets cut off. ( Something like "Awww, did you get that from a card?" or or "Your kidding right? Come back when your taller than me.")
Also, Team Rocket can never leave. But it would be nice if Ash battled people besides them. He can earn all 8 badges and only battle 2 actual trainers.

Last edited:

B-MAN

Well I don't know about y'all but the show doesn't seem funny to me, the only things that make me laugh is aipom, and croagunk. I'm sick and tired of Team Rocket, I would watch the show everyday if it was nothing but solid battling, i'm tired of these dumb plots. And when will we have another serious movie like the first one? When will we ever get the characters from the game back? There should be a hole new side-season just all about battling used past characters, if so I would espescially watch the show.

Hikari Ex

Pokemon and pocket monsters are diffrent
hikari and dawn are diffrent
satoshi and ash are diffrent
poke voice are diffrent
Keep it Ninhon

Ruris

#1. Team Rocket:
They've been in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE SINCE EPISODE TWO. Not only that, but they insist on trying to capture Pikachu for some reason. Not just any random wild Pikachu they could easily catch themselves, nooo. They have to steal some stupid kid's Pikachu.

#2. Ash:
Fitting in with number one, Ash never really seems that annoyed with Team Rocket. Whenever they appear, its "Oh no, those guys again", and not "GOD DAMN IT, STOP FOLLOWING US" followed by a punch to the face. You'd think that after 500 episodes he'd either yell at them or at least ask them why they keep following him around.

#3. Pikachu:
Ash's Pikachu should be like level 80 now, and it keeps losing to novice trainers like Paul. Even if there aren't levels in the anime, Pikachu should at least be getting stronger than he was at the beginning.

#4. Plot:
Every single episode focuses around one or maybe two guest Pokémon that are only there for that episode and will most likely never appear again. It's like the freaking Simpsons, except people were actually interested for the first couple seasons of Pokémon.

#5. 4Kids:
4Kids sucks and Nintendo should never have let them translate and dub. But to be fair, Pokémon was their first dubbing, but they should've known better with Kirby, F-Zero and Sonic X.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
#1. Team Rocket:
They've been in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE SINCE EPISODE TWO. Not only that, but they insist on trying to capture Pikachu for some reason. Not just any random wild Pikachu they could easily catch themselves, nooo. They have to steal some stupid kid's Pikachu.

I have always asked myself the same thing except with every other Pokemon. But if they do capture Pikachu and give it to Giovanni(which they never will)it would be better than a random Pikachu cause it will be stronger

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Has the manga been released in English?