1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things that don’t make sense by Pokemon standards

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by pokemon trainer mystery, Nov 9, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    Jirachi100 and NovaBrunswick like this.
  2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

What are you even trying to get at with this one?

3. shoz999

It's a joke comparison between Pokemon and Fire Emblem fates. Look it up. You'll either be angry they censored this out or disgusted that they even included this feature lol.

4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Okay, but what does it have to do with things that don't make sense about Pokémon?

5. shoz999

This is the reverse so fair point. I suppose you want me to delete these posts or at least change them?

Edit: There. It is done. I always found S.O.S. battles to be... a bit experimental.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  6. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I don't really care what you do with it. Just was trying to figure out what it had to do with the thread.

7. shoz999

As you concluded, not really much.

8. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Sorry, yeah. Didn't mean to imply I didn't understand you said that already.

9. shoz999

Understandable.

10. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

How come Ash and his friends almost never recognize Team Rocket when they're in disguise? It's so obviously them.

Jirachi100 and Mega Altaria like this.
  11. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

For some reason they can't tell but I don't know why. Maybe they just have trouble identifying people that kinda look similar to Jessie and James among Jessie and James and simply assume that they are completely different people.

12. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

You'd be surprised at how easy it is to disguise yourself

Clark Kenting actually works pretty well, and with how common wonky hair colors are in Pokémon, their distinct hair colors don't really stand out

Although with how often Pikachu has been in their clutches, you'd think it'd know their scent and be able to pick them out, especially after being chased daily across seven different regions

13. shoz999

[​IMG]

Honestly what doesn't make sense to me is how the Sinnoh fans were expecting Diamond and Pearl remakes that early. By pattern trends, we should be expecting Diamond and Pearl remakes in the 8th gen. I guess it's been that long since they've seen Sinnoh lol?

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  14. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

That's kind of off-topic too. This thread is about elements of the Pokémon World, not fanbase.

Regardless, I'd argue that those "trends" you're seeing are just coincidences, and not indicative of anything. I assume you're referring to the fact that we've only received one remake per system so far. If so, I would say that is certainly just a coincidence. Gen V came out at the very end of the DS's lifespan. By the time Black and White 2 came out, Game Freak would have wanted to move on to the 3DS as soon as possible, this skipping the optional remake titles. Of course, the same could be said here about the 3DS and the Switch, but that's just a coincidence that it worked out that way. If the Switch had come out a year later, I think it would have been a pretty good chance we got Sinnoh Remakes this generation.

15. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Extremely fast ninja bug(Ninjask) and giant dragonfly(Yanmega): Cannot learn Fly
    Old Man Flightless Dragon(Drampa) and Satan penguin(Delibird): Can learn Fly

16. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

How was Ash able to lift Hippopotas and Larvitar for an extended period at some point in the anime? They both weigh around the same as the average human even though an average one would definitely weigh more than a Hippopotas.

17. shoz999

[​IMG]
    You know you have to wonder why each Alolan Dugtrio head has a different natural hair-style at different growths instead of the same appearances like other multi-headed Pokemon.

18. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Because they're three separate diglett hanging out together, proving it's possible to store more than one pokémon in a ball at a time

19. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Part of Fly is requiring that the trainer could ride on the Pokémon. How would a trainer ride on either Ninjask or Yanmega? Ninjask is much too small, and Yanmega doesn't have a body shape that would allow a trainer to sit on top of it.

While some Pokémon, like Pidgey are given Fly without being able to carry a trainer, this is almost certainly done exclusively so that there are commonly available Pokémon that can learn the move, making it easy for a trainer to get a Pokémon that can use Fly. Since Ninjask and Yanmega aren't common, this exception to the rule doesn't apply to them.

You sure Drampa is flightless?
    [​IMG]

Delibird learning Fly is a reference to Santa flying around the world in one night.

Did you mean to Satan instead of Santa? If not, that's a pretty funny typo. If so, why?

Why not? There's no rule that says each of them has to look exactly the same. It's not really implied in any way either. Just because something hasen't happened before, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And for that matter, not all other multi-headed Pokémon look the same across their heads. Magneton, for instance, has a different configuration of screws on each of its heads.

20. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

That was a typo, though Delibird's uselessness is something Satan would do