• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that don’t make sense by Pokemon standards

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
c66.png

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

shoz999

What are you even trying to get at with this one?
It's a joke comparison between Pokemon and Fire Emblem fates. Look it up. You'll either be angry they censored this out or disgusted that they even included this feature lol.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's a joke comparison between Pokemon and Fire Emblem fates. Look it up. You'll either be angry they censored this out or disgusted that they even included this feature lol.

Okay, but what does it have to do with things that don't make sense about Pokémon?

shoz999

Okay, but what does it have to do with things that don't make sense about Pokémon?
This is the reverse so fair point. I suppose you want me to delete these posts or at least change them?

Edit: There. It is done. I always found S.O.S. battles to be... a bit experimental.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This is the reverse so fair point. I suppose you want me to delete these posts or at least change them?

I don't really care what you do with it. Just was trying to figure out what it had to do with the thread.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
How come Ash and his friends almost never recognize Team Rocket when they're in disguise? It's so obviously them.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How come Ash and his friends almost never recognize Team Rocket when they're in disguise? It's so obviously them.
For some reason they can't tell but I don't know why. Maybe they just have trouble identifying people that kinda look similar to Jessie and James among Jessie and James and simply assume that they are completely different people.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
You'd be surprised at how easy it is to disguise yourself

Clark Kenting actually works pretty well, and with how common wonky hair colors are in Pokémon, their distinct hair colors don't really stand out

Although with how often Pikachu has been in their clutches, you'd think it'd know their scent and be able to pick them out, especially after being chased daily across seven different regions

shoz999

agX7Rb6_700b.jpg

Honestly what doesn't make sense to me is how the Sinnoh fans were expecting Diamond and Pearl remakes that early. By pattern trends, we should be expecting Diamond and Pearl remakes in the 8th gen. I guess it's been that long since they've seen Sinnoh lol?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
agX7Rb6_700b.jpg

Honestly what doesn't make sense to me is how the Sinnoh fans were expecting Diamond and Pearl remakes that early. By pattern trends, we should be expecting Diamond and Pearl remakes in the 8th gen. I guess it's been that long since they've seen Sinnoh lol?

That's kind of off-topic too. This thread is about elements of the Pokémon World, not fanbase.

Regardless, I'd argue that those "trends" you're seeing are just coincidences, and not indicative of anything. I assume you're referring to the fact that we've only received one remake per system so far. If so, I would say that is certainly just a coincidence. Gen V came out at the very end of the DS's lifespan. By the time Black and White 2 came out, Game Freak would have wanted to move on to the 3DS as soon as possible, this skipping the optional remake titles. Of course, the same could be said here about the 3DS and the Switch, but that's just a coincidence that it worked out that way. If the Switch had come out a year later, I think it would have been a pretty good chance we got Sinnoh Remakes this generation.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Extremely fast ninja bug(Ninjask) and giant dragonfly(Yanmega): Cannot learn Fly
Old Man Flightless Dragon(Drampa) and Satan penguin(Delibird): Can learn Fly

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How was Ash able to lift Hippopotas and Larvitar for an extended period at some point in the anime? They both weigh around the same as the average human even though an average one would definitely weigh more than a Hippopotas.

shoz999

3c4.png

You know you have to wonder why each Alolan Dugtrio head has a different natural hair-style at different growths instead of the same appearances like other multi-headed Pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Extremely fast ninja bug(Ninjask) and giant dragonfly(Yanmega): Cannot learn Fly

Part of Fly is requiring that the trainer could ride on the Pokémon. How would a trainer ride on either Ninjask or Yanmega? Ninjask is much too small, and Yanmega doesn't have a body shape that would allow a trainer to sit on top of it.

While some Pokémon, like Pidgey are given Fly without being able to carry a trainer, this is almost certainly done exclusively so that there are commonly available Pokémon that can learn the move, making it easy for a trainer to get a Pokémon that can use Fly. Since Ninjask and Yanmega aren't common, this exception to the rule doesn't apply to them.

Old Man Flightless Dragon(Drampa)

You sure Drampa is flightless?
800px-Drampa_flying.png

Satan penguin(Delibird): Can learn Fly

Delibird learning Fly is a reference to Santa flying around the world in one night.

Did you mean to Satan instead of Santa? If not, that's a pretty funny typo. If so, why?

3c4.png

You know you have to wonder why each Alolan Dugtrio head has a different natural hair-style at different growths instead of the same appearances like other multi-headed Pokemon.

Why not? There's no rule that says each of them has to look exactly the same. It's not really implied in any way either. Just because something hasen't happened before, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And for that matter, not all other multi-headed Pokémon look the same across their heads. Magneton, for instance, has a different configuration of screws on each of its heads.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That was a typo, though Delibird's uselessness is something Satan would do