• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that don’t make sense by Pokemon standards

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I never get Remoraid's evolution. How does a fish turn into an octopus?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's definitely a very weird one. I have no idea why anyone at Game Freak would think of some fish evolving into an octopus. I think they might have had some similar gun/artillery weapon design as in both being either fish or octopi but changed over time that the differences became more obvious and that eventually led to their designs being completely different and not making any sense for them to be connected by evolution.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

But Remoraid and Octillary aren't a fish and an octopus, they're Pokémon. They happen to look like a fish and an octopus, but there not bound by the logic of the real world. It's not like there's been any rule that a Pokémon can't evolve into a Pokémon based on a different animal. We also have a lizard that evolves into a dragon, a piranha that evolves into a shark, and a cat that evolves into a tiger, to name a few. Evolution isn't only turning into a bigger version of what a Pokémon was, it also involves changes in form.

Also, what Prof. SALTY said too.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Wow rood. How could you do my boy dirty like that
Because Delibird is a weak unevolving Pokemon with only two natural moves. One of which has a chance of healing the opponent, and it's not like the damage it could inflict is big enough to offset that. Though I suppose being that harsh is unfair to Delibird. I should save it to a Pokemon that deserves it like Unown

I don't understand why Ghetsis or Lysandre offers you money at the end when you beat them. Ghetsis is a complete sociopath who outright tries to assault you in BW2, does he really have the honor to follow protocol? Or more accurately, the ability to ignore his pride and realize you can overpower him(especially in BW2 where he's gone insane). Lysandre is planning on committing genocide to solve the Malthusian dilemna after you beat him in his hideout, seems pointless to give you money especially when he ends up killing himself(or suffers a fate worse than death) by firing the Ultimate Weapon anyway

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I don't understand why Ghetsis or Lysandre offers you money at the end when you beat them.

Or little pre-school kids who probably don’t even know what money is.

Pokémon: The only game in which you crush toddlers’ dreams by beating the **** out of their pets, and they reward you for it. xD

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pokémon: The only game in which you crush toddlers’ dreams by beating the **** out of their pets, and they reward you for it. xD
Well they should barely have the money to hand out to Trainers once they are defeated because they don't have jobs. At most it should just be their lunch money.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Well they should barely have the money to hand out to Trainers once they are defeated because they don't have jobs. At most it should just be their lunch money.

It probably is.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't understand why Ghetsis or Lysandre offers you money at the end when you beat them. Ghetsis is a complete sociopath who outright tries to assault you in BW2, does he really have the honor to follow protocol? Or more accurately, the ability to ignore his pride and realize you can overpower him(especially in BW2 where he's gone insane). Lysandre is planning on committing genocide to solve the Malthusian dilemna after you beat him in his hideout, seems pointless to give you money especially when he ends up killing himself(or suffers a fate worse than death) by firing the Ultimate Weapon anyway

That can safely be assumed to be a relic of game mechanics only. By default, all trainers give you money when you beat them, and it's not worth the effort to program certain trainers to not give you money. We can safely assume that if Pokémon were real, and not limited by game mechanics, then they would not be handing you money.

Or little pre-school kids who probably don’t even know what money is.

Fun fact, preschoolers have the lowest prize payout in the series, so yeah, they're probably handing you their lunch money.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Fun fact, preschoolers have the lowest prize payout in the series, so yeah, they're probably handing you their lunch money.
I think that’s for BW for sure. In ORAS, Tubers have a base payout just as low, which is also due to their age.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think that’s for BW for sure. In ORAS, Tubers have a base payout just as low, which is also due to their age.

That doesn't change the fact that Preschoolers have the lowest, even if it's a tie.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That doesn't change the fact that Preschoolers have the lowest, even if it's a tie.
But you said they had the lowest payout in the series, which I thought was the series as a whole. While it is true that they both have the lowest payout, the Preschoolers only had it for one generation, which was Gen 5, and the Tubers had it for one pair of games, which was ORAS.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Watching the Best Wishes series. Really enjoying it and I'm watching so far currently one of the best Pokemon storyarcs ever where Meowth travels alongside Ash & Co. The character dynamics are just hilariously good, reminds me of the Tom and Jerry cartoons where they put aside their differences.

So anyways I'm currently at the episode featuring Cubchoo. It showcases Iris's fear of Ice-types. What doesn't make sense is why is Iris not afraid of Cubchoo but is afraid of Beartic. So Beartic is big and scary but Cubchoo is tiny and cute right? That doesn't actually make anysense because that doesn't explain why Iris isn't afraid of Trip's Vanillite which is also small and adorable.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
So anyways I'm currently at the episode featuring Cubchoo. It showcases Iris's fear of Ice-types. What doesn't make sense is why is Iris not afraid of Cubchoo but is afraid of Beartic. So Beartic is big and scary but Cubchoo is tiny and cute right? That doesn't actually make anysense because that doesn't explain why Iris isn't afraid of Trip's Vanillite which is also small and adorable.

Iris is afraid of Ice types because Dragons (which she specializes in) are weak to them. Maybe Cubchoo and Vanillite are too cute to be scared of?

Yeah, their Beta designs made the gun/tank analog a little more obvious and occasionally there's callbacks to it (like remoraid water guns)

And Octillery’s Octazooka, which clearly harkens back to its beta design of being a tank.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And Octillery’s Octazooka, which clearly harkens back to its beta design of being a tank.
I think Octazooka reminds me sort of more like a rocket launcher gun but still it follows the military essence of Octillery’s evolutionary line.

SBaby

Dungeon Master

I did always imagine the Trainers were stealing the kid's lunch money. What's funny about it is the rival goes through the area ahead of you, so the kid's getting robbed twice. And despite it all, the only thing he's worried about is his shorts.

At least when YOU lose a battle it's kind of explained (the Pokémon Center is free normally, because it takes half of a losing Trainer's money as a sort of fine for getting all their Pokémon beaten so badly). But it definitely makes little sense that Team Rocket would just willingly fork over hundreds of dollars when they lose.