• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Ninfia-Fan

Dark Void Darkrai. That thing is a killer and the only way I can beat it is to have an Espeon with Magic Bounce and Shadow Ball... Not to mention Darkrai's ability Bad Dreams. As if getting put to sleep and receiving damage wasn't enough, you also get even more damage taken from Bad Dreams...

MDS777

The name's Riley
Lenora in Black/White as well. I remember having an extremely hard time facing her. It was like Whitney 2.0.

Other than that, I never really any issue with the other gym leaders.

Rio!

Composer
Simply getting a lot of use doesn't warrant a ban, that's stupid.

That's just how the season is going to go with the competition, same as when the Eevee comp rolls around, I'm fairly certain only Eevee evolutions will be allowed., the Halloween comp only allowing Gourgeist line + Ghosts.
It's not that big a deal.

As for the Miltank situation, I remember having issues since Heartgold was actually my first main-series Pokemon game...therefore I didn't know about the ability Scrappy. And there I was thinking I had an advantage with Gastly/Haunter. XD

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
-Legend that can flee.
-Safari zone in general. Throw rock? make harder to catch pokemon & they run away. Feed them? Makes impossible to catch & may run away. Just keep chucking safari balls? Best bet, but you'll probably not going to catch that rare pokemon.
-Double Team & Sand Attack spamming
-Gen I: Fire Spin & Wrap spamming
-"da 1st 150 pkmn r da best da rest suk!" (coughMEWcough)

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Lenora in Black/White as well. I remember having an extremely hard time facing her. It was like Whitney 2.0.
Oh good word that Retalliate spam was so annoying. >_< I sold my copy of White over two years ago and I still remember it.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
-Safari zone in general. Throw rock? make harder to catch pokemon & they run away. Feed them? Makes impossible to catch & may run away. Just keep chucking safari balls? Best bet, but you'll probably not going to catch that rare pokemon.

I completely agree.

It's especially annoying when I spend hours in the safari zone looking for Tauros, but when I finally find it it runs away.

There is no reason it should even exist.

MondKatzchen

Wanna know what grinds my gears?
-When a rival appears out of the blue at the end of VR and doesn't even let you heal (I'm looking at you Hugh)
-Emolgas
-Elesa(especially in bw1)
-Roaming Pokemon. I mean come on GF, why can't they at least have higher capture rate, Entei and Raikou were so frickin hard in SS.
-Pokemon XY D/C every time I close it the 3ds

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
How is is REQUIRED for you to use DOUBLE-SPOILER TAGS if you even want to MENTION and unreleased Pokémon game on PokéFarm Q. Seriously, how does recently announced = world's biggest plot twist? =/

- When you start a new save game and forget to delete your old save when you start with a shiny..
- When let downs like Zygarde are included in the games
- When GameFreak decided to program new legendaries to not be shiny in game
- Whenever I play users who hack online who make their Venusaurs learn Blast Burn, Blizzard, Spacial Rend and Shadow Force..

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Seeing the same 20 pokemon such as Talonflame/Landorus/Rotom-W etc when it comes to showdown/ wifi battles

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
A Calm Minding Psycho Shift Sigilyph really pisses me off. Especially when you have got Special Attackers in your random team.

Funny since you don't see anyone use Sygilyph since people are afraid to use him because of Knock Off... same with using Hydreigon because they're afraid of fairies. Even though a choice specs flash cannon does a good amount of damage

Rio!

Composer
Well for one its annoying, I honestly like battles which use normal pokemon, a legends vs legends would be fine but people who think that they can demolish everything with those teams are a pain in the neck.

Agreed. (Dark Void Spam anyone?) Though it is admittedly funny when you manage to get the upper hand...but then your opponent rage-quits. :B
Pssht. And people have the nerve to get mad about the few times I decide to use mixed attacker Xerneas. :I

Funny since you don't see anyone use Sygilyph since people are afraid to use him because of Knock Off... same with using Hydreigon because they're afraid of fairies. Even though a choice specs flash cannon does a good amount of damage

Now that I think about it, I have yet to see a Sygilyph in a Team Preview. X)
As for Hydreigon though...I worked long and hard to get both my 6IV and 5IV shiny, so there's no way in heck I'm tossing them to the side. I just make sure I have Tailwind/Choice Scarf or something else that is able to keep those Fairies at bay.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Here is a gear grinder that really got under my skin back when I was a kid playing Red and Blue. All these flying Pokemon that could not use the HM move Fly. Wanna go somewhere far away but don't have a bird? What's that? You have Zubat, Butterfree, and Charizard? Well then teach them Fly and you don't need a Pidgey or a Spearow, or some bird. Oh yeah, they can't fly. Charizard that is twice the players body weight can't fly in Red and Blue? So let me get this straight. Doduo, a Pokemon with no wings can fly anywhere, but Zubat, Butterfree and Charizard can't?

Now they did change this in todays games. I guess they realized how silly that is. Well I'm pretty sure Butterfree, Beautifly and the bugs still can't use fly. Correct me if I am wrong. We have wingless Pokemon that can use fly, we have Pokemon that aren't even Flying types that can use Fly, but most Bug type Pokemon that are part Flying can't use Fly? That's like false advertisement right there. Oh sure, a Doduo that has no visible wings and a little bird can fly you but not the bugs. Your player would squash them. It's like making a Water Pokemon that can't use surf besides Magikarp. How does a Horsea carry a Pokemon Trainer twice it's size over large bodies of water, but Butterfree can't use Fly?

So that's my gear grinder for the day. Maybe the bugs can fly now and I just don't know. I haven't used them in any recent generation.