• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Ti4558

Finding shiny pokemon on my GBA roms. I don't like it because I can't trade them to my main games. So far I have found a shiny wurmle in my emerald rom and a shiny jiggly puff in my fire red rom which I had to delete.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Prankster Pokémon with Mental Herb especially Substitute and TailWind Leech Seed. Im not looking at Whimsicott nope not at all :p

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
To be fair that's why I never play online unless it's a VGC built team, I just stick to showdown and other simulators of that nature. Not everyone online goes by smogon rules so you can't really get overly mad at people for that. Yeah they are pretty cheep and annoying to see [especially swagger, sleep abuse, evasion abuse, and mega kang, which is really why I think nintendo needs to put evasion and sleep clauses in place as it's extremely uncompetative and degrades the game into a ******** luck match] but at the same time you need to understand that the online function in the games primarily goes by VGC singles or doubles [depending on what one you use] and has it's own set of rules. If you prefer to play by smogon rules stick to showdown.

Atleast you make vallid points, cant say the same about Disaster Lord ( Nice insult for an opinion based topic, that will get you far for sure..) and Tonguetyd.

Tonguetyd

Atleast you make vallid points, cant say the same about Disaster Lord ( Nice insult for an opinion based topic, that will get you far for sure..) and Tonguetyd.

And why are my points not valid?

Rio!

Composer

It usually helps to point out what it is that actually makes a person's point valid versus invalid rather than just stating that 'fact' as a veiled insult. J/S.
I like the fact that no reply was given...

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Use the pm function you are derrailing this hard.

Meet a guy with a team of 6 shinny legends today i spent 20 mins makung him suffer with chansey till he ragequitted it kind if makes me sad i wanted ti make hin suffer a bit more.

Regarding this topic it kind of grind my gears how ugly some legends look while shinny. It kind of grind my gears that despite being hard to rng they look rather lame.

Tonguetyd

Shipping communities grind my gears. No explanation needed, they just annoy me.

YES.
"Hello I'm [insert name here] and I like to think underage characters from a children's video game share a relationship (possibly bestiality).

Last edited:

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I'm not much of a shipper myself, but... incoming rant!
I used to support Zelink in Spirit Tracks... then I discovered that it was the only aspect of the game a large amount of people cared about. I once saw someone on deviantART who hated He Who Has Too Many Names (Staven/Byrne/whatever) for HAVING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and saw his death as a ZELINK SCENE! >=[

On-topic: Conquest, those Fighting-types are the most annoying things ever in Happily Ever After. >_<

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
6 shinny legends teams have been fun today. Instant RQ vefore chansey wipes their last mon or straigth after they manage to ko something on my team...I just wish i could take a stroll on their minds to see whats going on inside.

Still no luck on getting the diancie I want. But withou noticing i had my crappy 3 iv clone in amie making everyone and their mommy offer me trades all day. I wish i knew how to clone to give them away so it becomes less overrated.

Last edited:

Nakashima

When people talking about shiny odds say that the odds are decreased for X/Y..
Theyre INCREASED. Not decreased, decreased would mean there's a lower chance of getting a shiny. 1/4000 is HIGHER than 1/8192. Just type it in on your calculator and compare the two numbers that pop up..

Really annoying. Lol.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
When people talking about shiny odds say that the odds are decreased for X/Y..
Theyre INCREASED. Not decreased, decreased would mean there's a lower chance of getting a shiny. 1/4000 is HIGHER than 1/8192. Just type it in on your calculator and compare the two numbers that pop up..

Really annoying. Lol.

xD thats so true when people look at the number and see 8182 to 4000 they go oh... it decreased.

Ajduk

6v6 special battle spot battles :)
AND EVERY TIME I PICK THEM IT IS ''OPPOSING TRAINER CAN'T BE FOUND''
Any fix for that?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The quest for 6iv rash or naugty diancie continues andvthe amount of scammers rises exponentially with each day... seriously how dumb do they think people are...asking for the shinnies first before delivering diancie and when asked to offer for summary check it is obvious it is the overcloned 3iv adamant one...

Last edited:

Cipher

Nothing to be done
To be fair that's why I never play online unless it's a VGC built team, I just stick to showdown and other simulators of that nature. Not everyone online goes by smogon rules so you can't really get overly mad at people for that. Yeah they are pretty cheep and annoying to see [especially swagger, sleep abuse, evasion abuse, and mega kang, which is really why I think nintendo needs to put evasion and sleep clauses in place as it's extremely uncompetative and degrades the game into a ******** luck match] but at the same time you need to understand that the online function in the games primarily goes by VGC singles or doubles [depending on what one you use] and has it's own set of rules. If you prefer to play by smogon rules stick to showdown.
As someone who runs a Doubles Dark Void Smeargle team on Showdown (that I'm starting to replicate in-game), the things you're mentioning aren't nearly as broken as you think outside of Singles. They still take a fair bit of luck and skill to pull off, and can be reacted to. It's not an instant win. On the VGC scene, they've placed well in some tournaments but aren't dominating. Ditto Mega-Kang. He's good in Doubles but no more so than a number of other Pokemon.

Doubles (and Rotation and Triples) are a lot more self-balancing than Singles. Don't be so quick to toss "uncompetitive" around based solely on the presence of certain moves and strategies.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The fact that if you put 6iv Rash Diancie on a search engine you will only get my posts. Its bith funny and crushing at the same time.

poke-man

Pokemon collector
The fact that despite world-releases of the games (Yay!!), we still can't get world releases of certain other pokemon events.
(*cough*Diancie*cough*)

How awful and useless GTS became ("unlimited" searching results may have been one of the only reasonable ways to appease everybody, but goddamn it's tedious! So tedious that it doesn't like loading stuff properly, so that the exact same pokemon showing "this pokemon has already been traded" will still be there when you check for no good reason over 2 hours later!! Was great in the beginning...but now it's more pitiful than anything else)

How horrid many shiny pokemon look (to me...that yellow colour {deoxys, riolu, etc} just yuck! {also giving a shiny charizard the megaXevo....so sad})

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Dont be such a blindfolded selfrighteous smogoner. They arent playing by our rules ok, we dont have the rigths to force them, they can play the game in wichever eay they want. This aint PS you know? If i see someine dpamming that i just dc and remove from aq or friends before logging back. Problem silved they cant contact you back and you can then find someone who plays by our rules.

Well, when someone uses an OU team against someone who specifically requests a NU/UU battle, that does make that person a bit of a jerk. There is no way to actually implement rules in things like the PSS, so we can only put requests in. It's like how there's no way to, say, request a specific Vivillon pattern on the GTS; all you can do is request one in the message. And even though there's no way of enforcing those things, people do get angry when their requests are not followed, and if the request is reasonable, it's just not cool to violate that request.

Emphasis on "if the request is reasonable". This brings me to one thing that grinds my gears: people unrealistically requesting shinies on the GTS. Especially if the person is already asking for a legendary in exchange for a Com Mon, adding the message "Shiny plz" is just a dick move. I've been seeing this a lot lately...