• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
This has been said so many times but i don't care xD

Japan having so many events that only they can have. Its also worse for me since i live in Australia so i barely get anything :( I go to everyone though i possibly can

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Well, when someone uses an OU team against someone who specifically requests a NU/UU battle, that does make that person a bit of a jerk. There is no way to actually implement rules in things like the PSS, so we can only put requests in. It's like how there's no way to, say, request a specific Vivillon pattern on the GTS; all you can do is request one in the message. And even though there's no way of enforcing those things, people do get angry when their requests are not followed, and if the request is reasonable, it's just not cool to violate that request.

Emphasis on "if the request is reasonable". This brings me to one thing that grinds my gears: people unrealistically requesting shinies on the GTS. Especially if the person is already asking for a legendary in exchange for a Com Mon, adding the message "Shiny plz" is just a dick move. I've been seeing this a lot lately...
About that post I meant that we cannot force kids who use ubers and stuff like megamommy, stabdog or munimize swagger ohko moves in the pss to play by our rules either thay dont know what ou means or they dont even care.

And yes gts can get weird really fast i love folks ask for events even tough gts doesnt allow the trade. I uust ignore the things they type since either yhey put tutor movrs on a marked kalos born mon or ask for imposible stuff.

And yes i was particulary hit by the recent tanabata jirachi i dont care if it is shinny but the move moonblast really felt like a punch to the face.

Still no 6iv rash jirachi yet i saw a mild today on offer summary checking im slowly regaining hope that the adamant 3iv didnt take the trade market by hostage or at least not completely.

Sora Prince

Little Brother
I hate when you look on the Trading Station and people want Legendaries for non-legendaries. Or legendaries at low levels such as 1 or 10. If you were dedicated to getting that 1 specific pokemon, you would surely be on a fetch quest lol. Get this poke to trade for this poke to get that poke D:<

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I hate when you look on the Trading Station and people want Legendaries for non-legendaries. Or legendaries at low levels such as 1 or 10. If you were dedicated to getting that 1 specific pokemon, you would surely be on a fetch quest lol. Get this poke to trade for this poke to get that poke D:<
For that poke to be traded already...but at least you can now buy a ppup from the pokemiles guy am i rite? Been there so many times.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.

Honestly, I wonder why the ability to request pokemon at levels in which they can't be obtained still exists. It should've been locked a while ago

Someone told me they would switch the wheels on a Chip Foose built car where the wheels are custom made 1 time only with Foose and the name of the car are stamped into the metal of the rims. Said stock wheels. I said you don't understand the build. It's completely custom. Then copped an attitude. Grinds my gears but I wouldn't grind these.

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/3...Uploads/image_zpsdf53be5b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/3...Uploads/image_zps776ab28d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/3...Uploads/image_zpsece01376.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
When People Hate on Pokémon and other things and they love something that's really stupid. I had this guy and he was like pokemon cards are stupid an he collected Images online of car parts.....

Ajduk

Cheating little scrubs on battle spot.
Appears with whole shiny team, with right hidden powers, yet 0 eggs hatched and 0 judge evaluations.
Yep, legit as ****.
Then a shiny suicune with sheer cold.

Last edited:

SkyTheAbsol

Dark-Type Fanatic
Finding a shiny Basculin and then watching it use Final Gambit after breaking out of the Quick Ball. The one time I didn't want you to faint... =_=

Not quite as aggravating as some of those people on the battle spot, though. I can agree with that.

Blasting Toise

When People Hate on Pokémon and other things and they love something that's really stupid. I had this guy and he was like pokemon cards are stupid an he collected Images online of car parts.....

I must say that your attitude is about the same if you think his hobby is stupid and he thinks your hobby is stupid :p It's fine that people like different things IMO- but that "what you like to do is stupid" is kind of attitude that grinds my gears. But yeah stupidity is matter of opinion anyway- everyone is entitled to have negative opinions as well... Just saying :D

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Now that the diancie Movie is out I hoe it becomes easier to get a 6iv Rash or Naugthy Diancie...Otherwise Soft resetting Here I come!!!!

pokefreak2014

Shiny Hunter!
Losing a shiny pokemon, accidently killing a shiny pokemon, or encountering an unobtainable shiny pokemon...

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Another little annoyance of mine.

When a Mega Evolution has an ability its regular form can get. Majority of the time it will be inferior to the regular form because Megas can't hold items (There are exceptions, though). While it is true that some Megas with different abilities are inferior to their regular counterparts, I just feel like those ones are just the same Pokémon with a stat boost, which I feel is a bit disappointing.

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
My Eevee hunt taking waaaay longer than I was hoping. I now have copious amounts of Eevees.
If anyone would like a 6IV one, feel free to ask me by PM.

As a Canadian, the lack of events in North America is quite frustrating. When X/Y cam out I fully expected them to capitalize on all of the hype and momentum that the first 3D Pokemon game brought them by having a steady stream of events. I didn't expect them all to be legendaries but I'd hoped we might see some. Now it feels like Game Freak/Nintendo have to start building momentum for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire from scratch instead of rolling into it naturally off the backs of X/Y.

The other aspect of Pokemon that bugs me is how event legendaries are handled when we get them. I understand that in the older games RNG and fake pokemon were a problem and game freak didn't want fake pokemon running rampant in battles. But now, with all of the safeguards in place, (No trading of events on GTS, no hacking of the game by game shark, pokemon bank turning back non-legit pokemon) I would like event legendaries to be handled the way they were always meant to be: Worldwide Wi-Fi distribution unlocking previously coded areas in the game where legendary Pokemon reside. Some of my favourite Pokemon are my Regi's from Ruby. Having to decipher code then go on a big quest made catching the Pokemon even sweeter. How fun would it be to get an event that unlocks a post-game area where the Tree of Beginning resides? Inside you couldn't leave until you ran a gauntlet of puzzles and battled/caught the three Regi's and Mew. How about an event that unlocks NPC's that start you on a fetch quest until you finally receive an azure flute? From there you have to explore and solve puzzles until you know where to play the flute to unlock the Hall of Origins where Arceus resides.

Pokemon were meant to be caught, not given as gifts. I feel like gift pokemon go against the spirit of the games. When I receive a gift I feel like I'm collecting, but when I'm capturing I feel like I'm exploring and mastering the Pokemon and my ability as a trainer.

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
How about an event that unlocks NPC's that start you on a fetch quest until you finally receive an azure flute? From there you have to explore and solve puzzles until you know where to play the flute to unlock the Hall of Origins where Arceus resides.
That is actually a great idea, considering there was no way to legitimately get an Azure Flute.

Also, even though I never played Ruby until about a year and a half ago, I loved how the events in those games were handled(besides the e-Reader ones, which were a stupid idea). Mew was fun to try to find and capture, Deoxys's puzzle confused and annoyed me, and the Lati event had that deep and cryptic message that I love so much. If GF makes more events like those or even brings them back in ORAS, I will be extremely happy.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
As someone who runs a Doubles Dark Void Smeargle team on Showdown (that I'm starting to replicate in-game), the things you're mentioning aren't nearly as broken as you think outside of Singles. They still take a fair bit of luck and skill to pull off, and can be reacted to. It's not an instant win. On the VGC scene, they've placed well in some tournaments but aren't dominating. Ditto Mega-Kang. He's good in Doubles but no more so than a number of other Pokemon.

Doubles (and Rotation and Triples) are a lot more self-balancing than Singles. Don't be so quick to toss "uncompetitive" around based solely on the presence of certain moves and strategies.

I was talking about competitive singles though, and yes those things are uncompetitive in singles [and sometimes doubles]

The problem with using Swagger [on a singles team I guess I need to clarify that], or minimize/putting everything to sleep is that it turns the game into a luck based mess. And in terms of making it luck based that's what makes it uncompetitive. I'm not saying swagger doesn't have it's uses, it has plenty of uses in doubles, I am aware of this. But in singles it turns the game into a coin flip an takes no real skill to do, just manage to set it up and push a button. I'm sorry but the reason I don't play VGC is because I think it is very stupid to put my whole team to sleep or raise your evasion so high that I can't hit you. There are plenty of other ways to win with a little more dignity than forcing your opponent into a coinflip situation, but having to resort to luck based tactics is something that I personally hate and will never play with. That's just me.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I was talking about competitive singles though, and yes those things are uncompetitive in singles [and sometimes doubles]

The problem with using Swagger [on a singles team I guess I need to clarify that], of minimize/putting everything to sleep is that it turns the game into a luck based mess. And in terms of making it luck based that's what makes it uncompetitive. I'm not saying swagger doesn't have it's uses, it has plenty of uses in doubles, I am aware of this. But in singles it turns the game into a coin flip an takes no real skill to do, just manage to set it up and push a button. I'm sorry but the reason I don't play VGC is because I think it is very stupid to put my whole team to sleep or raise your evasion so high that I can't hit you. There are plenty of other ways to win with a little more dignity than forcing your opponent into a coinflip situation, but having to resort to luck based tactics is something that I personally hate and will never play with. That's just me.

Not to mention swag abuse teams...I used to great succes a team of entry hazards swagger unaware abuse with scarfed hp ground ditto as backup...the amount of wins this racked was unsetling.

XXD17

Draco rex
Man i never thought that is would ever annoy me but after the fifth time it happened to me, finding shiny pokemon during horde training is quiet bothersome...my first was a murkrow...I was training for Hp, my second was a foongus...I was training for speed (ironic isn't it), third was a cubchoo...I was training for special attack, fourth was a gulpin and I was training for attack, and the most recent was a trevenant while I was training for Hp again...it's just a hassle to let the horde faint your pokes just so you can catch the shiny and not mess up your spread...especially if the pokemon you are training at the moment uses return...

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
That is actually a great idea, considering there was no way to legitimately get an Azure Flute.

Also, even though I never played Ruby until about a year and a half ago, I loved how the events in those games were handled(besides the e-Reader ones, which were a stupid idea). Mew was fun to try to find and capture, Deoxys's puzzle confused and annoyed me, and the Lati event had that deep and cryptic message that I love so much. If GF makes more events like those or even brings them back in ORAS, I will be extremely happy.
I suddenly remembered Chugga's LP of Pokémon Emerald where he said that HE HAD TO CONTACT THE GUY WHO OWNED BULBAGARDEN to do the Lati event.

Also, that other user's Azure Flute idea sounds like something out of a Zelda game.