• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Kling, Klang and Klinklang.

Best. Post. EVER.

You know what really grinds my gears? My clutch before I replaced it a month ago at the tune of $900.

Actually, you know what really grinds my gears? Pokémon SMASH for being a sorry expert on all things new.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Gear grind.

No, just kidding.

Ugh, I HATE the speculation on the new Fairy type. And, It would be even worse if it came true ;-; DONT WASTE A NEW TYPE ON FAIRY TYPE, NINTENDO!

EDIT:

Just got a rep comment on this. I cant believe I ever made this post. I love the new fairy type!
And what the what!? Why would it make me insecure???? lol

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
^Because the name "Fairy" makes you feel insecure?

I'm quite positive there will a new type, but I don't think it'd be called Fairy.

Anyway, grinding to level up my team in HG/SS is kinda annoying as the levels of wild pokemon in there are not so high.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Gear grind.

No, just kidding.

Ugh, I HATE the speculation on the new Fairy type. And, It would be even worse if it came true ;-; DONT WASTE A NEW TYPE ON FAIRY TYPE, NINTENDO!

You'll get used to it.

Anyway what grinds my gears is Shiny Genesect the ridiculous pattern of the amount of Pokémon made in even Generations (Gens 2 and 4). Hopefully XY can break the tradition of the pattern.

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
I think the biggest thing of all time that grinds my gears like nobody's business...

...is the immediate hatred new gens and their Pokemon get because they're new.

Now, I'm not talking about people who legitimately dislike or even hate certain gens. And by "legitimately", I mean they saw the games, looked up some info on them, maybe even played them, and decided they didn't like them. They actually gave the thing a chance, even if only a small one, before they came to a decision.

I'm talking about the people who hear about a new game coming out and say: "Gen ___? Ugh, why are they making more Pokemon games? Anything after *insert region here* sucks. Original *however many Pokemon they consider to be good* forever!"

I will mention, I don't usually run into this type of fan on Serebii. I tend to see these people on facebook and it makes me want to tear my hair out. At least give the thing a chance before you tell me straight up that whatever group of Pokemon you like is far better than the new stuff that's coming out.

Last edited:

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
I think the biggest thing of all time that grinds my gears like nobody's business...

Now, I'm not talking about people who legitimately dislike or even hate certain gens. And by "legitimately", I mean they saw the games, looked up some info on them, maybe even played them, and decided they didn't like them. They actually gave the thing a chance, even if only a small one, before they came to a decision.

I'm talking about the people who hear about a new game coming out and say: "Gen ___? Ugh, why are they making more Pokemon games? Anything after *insert region here* sucks. Original *however many Pokemon they consider to be good* forever!"

I will mention, I don't usually run into this type of fan on Serebii. I tend to see these people on facebook and it makes me want to tear my hair out. At least give the thing a chance before you tell me straight up that whatever group of Pokemon you like is far better than the new stuff that's coming out.

Oh man, I so understand where you're coming from. Most of that though is just nostalgia clouding their judgement and afraid of change. Those types of "fans" really grind my gears because in a sense if they had their
way there would be no type of progression what-so-ever. To me there is nothing wrong with the newer gen of pokemon coming out. In fact I say it is getting better imo, can't wait to get my hands on X and Y!

Shibatku

Curious Animangist
gotta agree with the thread starter. Legit pokemon. But aside from that. My personal choice is that RNG has saturated the game. Like whole teams. lol at any rate......that is what grinds my gears. Good day!!!

Volcer

Shur'tugal
When a battle goes like this:
oppenent's Pokemon uses any move that causes confusion
My Pokemon is confused
My Turn
Pokemon is confused
Pokemon hits itself in confusion
It repeats till my Pokemon Knocks itself out

Goal Roll in HG/SS HOW CAN ANYBODY DO IT!

Genwhiners

I can do Goal Roll, it's pretty easy. I have gotten11 points in it once.

Best. Post. EVER.

Thank lol

telivisionhead

Well here are some of them for me
ALWAYS GETTING CONFUSED!
ALWAYS GETTING HIT BY A CRITICAL HIT THEN NOT GETTING ONE
GETTING A CRITICAL HIT WHILE BATTLING A TRAINER IN A GYM WHEN YOU DIDNT NEED ONE AND WHEN YOU GO TO THE GYM LEADER, there was no critical hit when you needed one
Changing my team just for my Hm slaves so I can't train my WHOLE team only about 5 of them, and the only way to do the thing I need to do is with, HM SLAVES, Ugh plus its annoying SWITCHING ALL THE TIME.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
You know what grinds my gears? NPCs that use Protect. They are not accomplishing any form of stall other than postponing their doom. It is just PP draining, and is annoying. Also, wild pokemon with all Sleep+Stun+Poison powder that won't let you get away. Seriously.

Cmack102

What Grinds MY Gears?

Prankster and Sleep Inducing Moves.

Also when people online use Sleep Inducing moves on EVERY pokemon you send out ;-;

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I really hate it when the Repels' effects wear off in Gen IV, that and the fact that Gen IV is very sluggish, so that exacerbates the annoyance.

Valkerion Moonshadow

oh lordy, I agree with you so much on that one. Just blatantly hating for no good reason.

But what really grinds my gears. hmmmm atm, probably getting as near-perfectly IV'ed pokemon and all the IV's are decent except for the one that matters the most to the pokemon itself. (I don't do that RNG stuff, way too time consuming right now).

That and the absurd luck the AI has when it comes to status effects. I don't appreciate being paralyzed, healing it off only to be paralyzed again.

Ampy

Light The Stars
I really hate it when the Repels' effects wear off in Gen IV, that and the fact that Gen IV is very sluggish, so that exacerbates the annoyance.

I'm gonna assume you're not playing Platinum...

Extremely low leveled wild Pokemon; meaning tons of grinding (yeah, I'm looking at you G/S/HG/SS).

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
People calling Arceus the "God of All Pokémon" grinds my gears to the point of sparking.

What grinds my gears is that they gave Carracosta 3 possible abilities, and Archeops got 1, which has no benefit whatsoever.

Well of course they did that. Archeops has much higher stats than Carracosta. It makes you think about your choice; do you want a glass cannon or something more versatile and defensive?