• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

XXD17

Draco rex
On the subject of Greninja, I've been playing a lot of SSB4 recently, and its anime voice is really annoying. I wasn't expecting it to sound that high-pitched.

Lol. I actually REALLY like greninja's voice! It fits perfectly with froakie's anime voice. The one that I'm annoyed at is lucario's voice. He was one of my mains in Brawl and still is but his voice got a lot higher...why can't they just keep the old voices?

That's one thing that grinds my gears. Why do people trade specifically for pokemon in specific pokeballs? Does it matter really or is it just for collection purposes. That's just a honest question from me.
I can totally understand the confusion, but some people are just OCD like that lol. For example, all of my sea pokemon that I breed (tentacruel, lumineon, kingdra, etc) Have to be in dive balls while my freshwater pokemon (gyarados, milotic, quagsire, etc) have to be in net balls...it's just personal OCD that that point...

Last edited:

Ice Lock

Hello!
another minor thing that grinds my gears:

Got three critical captures today, ball shakes once and then breaks open.

I saw some classic YouTube troll saying that Game Freak was a terrible company because they haven't made a Wii U Pokémon game like Ni no Kuni. LOLwut?
Right? They're a terrible company for so many other reasons that they are actually responsible for.

another minor thing that grinds my gears:

Got three critical captures today, ball shakes once and then breaks open.

I've had this happen to me a few times. Not the three-times-in-one-day thing, the critical capture failing happen. It is irritating when it does happen.

Tyrantrum

That a remake of pokemon snap still hasn't been released for a nintendo console.

The Pokemon Anime w/Ash in general disappoints me: so many years have passed, and it's clear the show will never end for centuries to come-- I also think its quality has gone downhill severely over the years as well, but that's just me.

Everyone's English voice actors since the Battle Frontier Saga to the Kalos Saga: they're just terrible at their roles- they make the dub unbearable to sit through- can't wait till it gets recast again.

The TCG holofoils being crappy nowadays, and the changes to the TCG rules.

Last edited:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
That a remake of pokemon snap still hasn't been released for a nintendo console.

Remakes of Pokémon Snap and Stadium would be so welcome. I think a 3DS Pokémon Snap would be ideal.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
The recent news informing that X and Y will NOT be compatible for the newest Mega Evolutions. Nor will there be any form of customization!

This bit of bad news really grinds my gears! And is leaving me second-guessing my decisions to buy OmegaRuby when it comes out...

Doziz

Fossil Hunter
The recent news informing that X and Y will NOT be compatible for the newest Mega Evolutions. Nor will there be any form of customization!

This bit of bad news really grinds my gears! And is leaving me second-guessing my decisions to buy OmegaRuby when it comes out...

WHAT? I had not heard about that! That's just really annoyed me with Game Freak... That's irritated me so much, I forgot why I actually came on to post about xD

But seriously. What is this. I really hope they can patch the game through the 3DS, otherwise it'll be horribly imbalanced towards the ORAS side of Gen 6. Not that that's a bad thing. But you know.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
WHAT? I had not heard about that! That's just really annoyed me with Game Freak... That's irritated me so much, I forgot why I actually came on to post about xD

But seriously. What is this. I really hope they can patch the game through the 3DS, otherwise it'll be horribly imbalanced towards the ORAS side of Gen 6. Not that that's a bad thing. But you know.

Rotom kyurem and now the megas...yep i eanted to main y due to how horrible hoenn is as a region...But if i want to keep up and use stuff ill have to migrate 20 boxes ofcompetitive pokemon...Mother of god...

Seriously? Are they even trying anymore? They managed to make a year old game completely obsolete before they even announced Z/X2Y2/whatever ... gg GameFreak.

I wasn't going to buy either OR or AS anyway since I already played Hoenn four years ago but good lord: they've released a patch for X/Y before. Releasing a patch that only adds support for 18 megas and 2 primals isn't nearly going to hurt anyone as much as it has by not releasing one at all.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You know what grinds my gears? The fact that you can't trade event legendaries. We have a hard enough time trying to get them as it is, so please just let us get them through trade instead of waiting who knows how long for them. And people ask for them, despite it being impossible to give them that legendary(facepalm)

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I saw a Skarmory on the GTS with a nickname referring to a certain part of the female anatomy. WHY?!
Also, this has been said a thousand times before, but 99% of the time I set the filter to only show results asking for Pokémon I have, all of the trades are asking for Yveltal. I even changed my PSS message to "Stop bad trades!".

On a completely unrelated note, you can get Zoroark out of a Master Ball in SSB4. I didn't know people still thought it was a legendary... (Granted, you can get Goldeen out of the Master Ball as well, but that makes more sense because Goldeen is the joke character. Still incredibly disheartening to get it, though.)

That Goodra and Sligoo are way underrated. Please, stop wooping over Goomy and PAY ATTENTION TO THE EVOS!

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I used to have the "Pokémon philosophy" thing in my sig, but I'm starting to regret that now that I've been hardcore-training several competitive teams.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
The Pokemon Anime w/Ash in general disappoints me: so many years have passed, and it's clear the show will never end for centuries to come-- I also think its quality has gone downhill severely over the years as well, but that's just me.

Everyone's English voice actors since the Battle Frontier Saga to the Kalos Saga: they're just terrible at their roles- they make the dub unbearable to sit through- can't wait till it gets recast again.

The TCG holofoils being crappy nowadays, and the changes to the TCG rules.

It grinds my gears that I'd like to get into the TCG(I had cards when I was younger, Houndoom being my first one ^^), at least a little, but the game is so lopsided and completely focused on OP EX Pokémon and OP Trainer cards that it doesn't even seem fun. It feels like playing 2 stage evolution lines is largely useless instead of being a feeling of payoff like it should be.

Last edited: