• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

blob

Hacks.
I've actually gave up on pokemon because of hacks. Bever hacked, never will, but it grinds my gears tha I work hard to brees my shiny 6 IV pokemon or that I have to trade a ton of good stuff(I don't even clone) for an event while dpmeone else goes to ****ng reditt and gest all the goid hacked stuff from their pokegen giveaways...then I am tge noob for playing fair.
Spend my ORAS money on smash and ocarina of time.
I have no regrets.

There's a patch for XY which cancels out most hacks you know.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Game Freak keep releasing more and more anti-hack stuff. I remember seeing people on another website mentioning something that lets you see what ypur opponent has inputted into the game in online battles, but apparently it only works in version 1.0.0. And then there's Gen 4's hack Pokémon...

nel3

Crimson Dragon
lol how ironic I hate the object themed pkmn gen4+. litwick series is one of them but the worst is the Kling series. seriously?? why make a gear pkmn? klefki is another one I despise, I don't have one in my box and any I get are released.

blob

lol how ironic I hate the object themed pkmn gen4+. litwick series is one of them but the worst is the Kling series. seriously?? why make a gear pkmn? klefki is another one I despise, I don't have one in my box and any I get are released.

How is that ironic? It's like saying I hate all Status Moves, because they don't do direct damage is ironic.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
How is that ironic? It's like saying I hate all Status Moves, because they don't do direct damage is ironic.

its not because it moveset that I dislike it. its solely the pkmn design of klefki. this is the problem the Pokémon series will keep running into. they start running out of ideas for character designs and hit absurdities like Klefki, Kilng, Chandelure and the various other pkmn.

KillerDraco

its not because it moveset that I dislike it. its solely the pkmn design of klefki. this is the problem the Pokémon series will keep running into. they start running out of ideas for character designs and hit absurdities like Klefki, Kilng, Chandelure and the various other pkmn.

I guarantee you if the Pokemon generations were released in the opposite order people would find Magnemite and Voltorb to be results of "running out of ideas".

Pokemon designs have ALWAYS been absurd. It's just that nostalgia fogs people's judgment.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I guarantee you if the Pokemon generations were released in the opposite order people would find Magnemite and Voltorb to be results of "running out of ideas".

Pokemon designs have ALWAYS been absurd. It's just that nostalgia fogs people's judgment.

Same toughts here. I have always been a fan of object based pokemon since they look interesting, from magneton and koofing to unown, nosepass and chimecho, passing by drfblim and rotom into gardobor and vanilluxe, i havnt done a klefki focused run tough, but he seems fun; i migth do a klefki solo run in Y soon. They are always fun to use in your playtroughs, and goddam powerful ingame.

Last edited:

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
What grinds my gears? When you chain for shinies and spend ages trying to chain a shiny Riolu and get up to a chain of 42 and see a shiny patch..... only to see that the shiny Pokemon was a Psyduck.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

the first 3 generations had their or inanimate designs but they have continued along those lines to the newest generations. from what I understand gen 1 has the most after objects. they have made some good designs but they get some absurb ones.

@zoroaboo: you're username is a good one. im guessing you're also a Zorofan?

blob

What grinds my gears? When you chain for shinies and spend ages trying to chain a shiny Riolu and get up to a chain of 42 and see a shiny patch..... only to see that the shiny Pokemon was a Psyduck.

There are shiny patches?

What grinds my gears, is how minimal XY are. I still can't beat X, because of how disappointing the post-game stuff is.

phanpycross

God-king
Yanmega was two generations too late, yanma should never have been introduced without it's evolution.

The speed drop from murkrow to honchkrow is trollish as sh*t.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
"There an inanimate object Pokémon, Game Freak are running out of ideas!" is the most cliché opinion in the universe. Why are inanimate object Pokémon only a problem now?

Trevenant

Banned
Now we need a patch that prevents hacks from being imported into the game and bank.
Can't happen. Also kind of pointless considering it takes like five minutes to breed perfect Pokemon nowadays. Not like how it used to be to where a hacker did have significant advantages over legitimate players generally.

I see Japan is getting their second (third counting Colosseum) Shiny Jirachi event. The rest of the world... never got a shiny one. Rest of the world also lacks Kalos-born Jirachi period. Stay classy, Nintendo. :)

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I see Japan is getting their second (third counting Colosseum) Shiny Jirachi event. The rest of the world... never got a shiny one. Rest of the world also lacks Kalos-born Jirachi period. Stay classy, Nintendo. :)

THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

I've been a Pokemon player for about fifteen years and I've never had a Jirachi. I went back to that ******* space centre every day and the copy of Colosseum I had came with Pokemon Box and not the bonus disc to get a Jirachi. Japan have had two shiny Jirachi events this year, it's completely unfair! I'm not even bothered anymore it's shiny, I just think the West should get a chance to get a Jirachi, period. It's a good thing that so many legendary Pokemon are rare, but they should be attainable.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I'm starting to get tired of saying this, but Goomy just doesn't look like pseudo-legendary material to me. It may have a large fan following, but I just can't get around a snotty dinosaur being considered at par with beasts like Salamence and Tyranitar. Sorry, but I just...cant.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I'm starting to get tired of saying this, but Goomy just doesn't look like pseudo-legendary material to me. It may have a large fan following, but I just can't get around a snotty dinosaur being considered at par with beasts like Salamence and Tyranitar. Sorry, but I just...cant.

I respect your opinion, but that's what makes Goomy so amazing! It's a cute little derp slug, but it's still a pseuo-legendary dragon. It's not exactly a Dragonite clone if it looks and plays differently. Plus it's suprisingly a dragon type, which I would never have guessed it would be. So there you have my slightly biased opinion.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Now we need a patch that prevents hacks from being imported into the game and bank.

It was mostly coz of the huge power slakings and arceus on battle spot.