• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Creyk

The biggest thing that grinds my gears more than anything in getting Leftovers. I mean, they are literally just food leftovers, piece of garbage, so why the heck they are so hard to obtain. You have only 1 % chance of getting them via Pick up, when you have 10% chance of getting item anyway. There isn't any other item that is so frustrating to get in these series and fact that so many competitive pokemon needs Leftovers to be viable, it is just making me nuts.

I thought it was kinda funny. Like, there are hundreds of wild pokemon roaming every piece of grass so every bit of food is valuable, hardly anything is left....lol
But there are berries just laying around in Kalos sometimes

zarkhaiz

++ Battle Master ++
Getting nothing but wurmples, poochyenas and zigzagoons on Wonder Trade...
Makes me want to SCREAM!!!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Getting nothing but wurmples, poochyenas and zigzagoons on Wonder Trade...
Makes me want to SCREAM!!!

This and breeding rejects sums up Wondertrade 80% of the time in a nutshell.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Yeah, Wonder Trade can be pretty annoying because of that.

Although at the same time, strangely that's part of the fun...When you finally stumble upon a Pokemon you want to keep, its like finding the golden ticket...lol.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
honestly, just go in with the durant/cloyster/ninjask set, get the 50 streaks and get out.
That's what I did and ever since I got it so that I can fight Wally, I never looked back

I should try the Truant Durant set. Singles is the only Super Battle I haven't beaten in ORAS and it's extremely frustrating.

Same here. And there are also those annoying trainers who pull tricks such as withdrawing their Pokémon and sending out one with Flash Fire when you use a Fire-type move.

I never have major problems with my opponents switching but I rarely have a fire type move on my team (I primarily do Triples using mostly wall Pokemon because I enjoy seeing NPC opponents suffer slow, painful defeats :D). I do get a lot of switching into Pokemon with Water Absorb/Levitate though which can be annoying although I do get the occasional stupid switch which does more good for me than the opponent which is always hilarious (opponent switched their Jolteon in to resist one of their other Pokemon's Discharge only to get KOd by the third Pokemon using Earthquake).

My luck in that place is almost always horrible mind you. The other day an Emboar at -2 attack (due to King's Shield) got its Quick Claw boost, used Flare Blitz and KOd my SHIELD form Aegislash with a CRIT. I don't know if Crits negate Reflect or not but if they don't then I'll be even more annoyed at that. At least it wasn't Super Singles >_>

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
That there isn't a poison-type legendary bar Arceus holding a plate.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Whenever I face Xerneas and I don't have priority moves (Bullet Punch) or Mega Gengar in my team (in Ubers).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Bug Catching game never works. It doesn't matter if you have Scyther, a shiny Metapod or even a shiny Pinsir. You NEVER WIN! WHY?!

Creyk

The Bug Catching game never works. It doesn't matter if you have Scyther, a shiny Metapod or even a shiny Pinsir. You NEVER WIN! WHY?!

I think I won there a couple times by catching the highest possible levelled Kakuna/Metapod back in the day....

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I think I won there a couple times by catching the highest possible levelled Kakuna/Metapod back in the day....
I have too. It depends a bit on what your opponents get, but you get a middle-evolution at a very high level and[i/] at high HP, and you have a good chance to win! That's what the bug catching goes on - rarity of the Pokemon level and HP it was caught at (so basically, try to avoid damaging them).

Shinyness isn't part of the judging criteria either, sadly.

katl

What bothers me a lot are pokemon that would be great except they have some ability that makes them terrible, regigigas being a great example with its slow start.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What bothers me a lot are pokemon that would be great except they have some ability that makes them terrible, regigigas being a great example with its slow start.

It has that kind of ability to prevent it from becoming overpowered.
Same thing applies to Slaking.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
With Mega Evolutions running around and everything having Dragon/Fairy-type tacked on to it now, why do Pokemon like Slaking and Archeops still get stuck with these inhibiting abilities to nerf their battle potential?

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
With Mega Evolutions running around and everything having Dragon/Fairy-type tacked on to it now, why do Pokemon like Slowking and Archeops still get stuck with these inhibiting abilities to nerf their battle potential?

Well Archeops is an unusual one that doesn't have a good explanation, but there's nothing wrong with Slowking or Slowbro's abilities. Regenerator is a god tier ability, and in the case of Mega Slowbro, an immunity to crits is any Calm Mind sweeper's dream so Shell Armor is actually really good.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Well Archeops is an unusual one that doesn't have a good explanation, but there's nothing wrong with Slowking or Slowbro's abilities. Regenerator is a god tier ability, and in the case of Mega Slowbro, an immunity to crits is any Calm Mind sweeper's dream so Shell Armor is actually really good.

I think they were trying to refer to Slaking.

And the reason for that is that Slaking is a 680 BST monster of a Pokémon that would not be balanced without Truant.
Sadly Truant makes it almost completely unusable.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Mega Pokemon are forced to give up their item slot for the required mega stone.
In the case of Slaking this drawback wouldn't apply so we could see Choice Banded Slaking running amuck with no consequenses.
A base stat total of 680 with zero drawbacks would easily centralize the meta.