• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
You wanna know what grinds my gears? When you can't find the droids your lookin for. But no really enough Family Guy
Crits when you don't need them.
Confusion as a whole
Vanniluxe
The fact that you can't visit older generations in the newer games.
The fact that NPC's have the version exclusives (Trainer has a Solosis in Black)
GTS always has people that ONLY want legends under Level 9.

jamesf0164

Pokegyms steel gym
What really grinds my gears is that Japan gets all the good events! Is anyone else mad that they are getting a shiny level 100 genesect comingup in july with awesome moves like extremespeed and a choice scarf?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The fact that NPC's have the version exclusives (Trainer has a Solosis in Black)

They're doing you a favor by doing that. If an NPC has a version exclusive that doesn't appear in your version, then it remains version exclusive, but can still be registered as "seen" in your Pokédex.

What really grinds my gears is that Japan gets all the good events! Is anyone else mad that they are getting a shiny level 100 genesect comingup in july with awesome moves like extremespeed and a choice scarf?

How do you know that the Shiny Genesect won't be distributed elsewhere? I'm not mad about it because I assume that we'll get it eventually.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Gear grind.

No, just kidding.

Ugh, I HATE the speculation on the new Fairy type. And, It would be even worse if it came true ;-; DONT WASTE A NEW TYPE ON FAIRY TYPE, NINTENDO!

Oh God. Of all the things to dislike, this is low. Fans have been waiting for a new type for 10 years now to help mix things up. I'll take a Fairy over any other fan based creation, like Time or Cosmic-types. At least with Fairy, you get a smidgen of that Holy-type that we could have gotten if the game was marketed and produced by Square-Enix to the older crowds.

Don't begrudge us because it's been a decade since we got something really new to learn about for competitive battling. And from what it sounds like it's going to turn the current slump up-side down. You have to admit, even with Eviolite and a plethora of new abilities, BW(2) played almost exactly like PPtHGSS did.

e20531989

Missing 3 Hypnosis' in a row and then getting hit by Sheer Cold. Ruined mah day. Also, cant handle Swagger.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Event Pokemon

They are the bane of my enjoyment of Pokemon. They annoy me more than all the other things related to Pokemon that annoy me, combined.

The events are hard enough to make it to most of the time. But once you go to one and get the Pokemon, you only have it until you start a new game. Then you lose it! What sense does THAT make? You go somewhere like New York for an Event Pokemon, only to lose it when you start a new game? It forces you to never start a new game on the cartridge you have the Pokemon on! If the battery dies, or your data is erased, guess what. You're SOL! What kind of deal is that? Best case scenario, you have the Pokemon and never start a new game again. Now you have to go out and buy a whole new copy of the game, just to be able to play through the storyline again!

Why can't they just put all the Pokemon on the two versions of each Gen that come out, or make it so when you get an Event Pokemon, it's hard coded into the game, so you can at least keep it when you start a new game?

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Event Pokemon

They are the bane of my enjoyment of Pokemon. They annoy me more than all the other things related to Pokemon that annoy me, combined.

The events are hard enough to make it to most of the time. But once you go to one and get the Pokemon, you only have it until you start a new game. Then you lose it! What sense does THAT make? You go somewhere like New York for an Event Pokemon, only to lose it when you start a new game? It forces you to never start a new game on the cartridge you have the Pokemon on! If the battery dies, or your data is erased, guess what. You're SOL! What kind of deal is that? Best case scenario, you have the Pokemon and never start a new game again. Now you have to go out and buy a whole new copy of the game, just to be able to play through the storyline again!

Why can't they just put all the Pokemon on the two versions of each Gen that come out, or make it so when you get an Event Pokemon, it's hard coded into the game, so you can at least keep it when you start a new game?

You can just trade it to another game and then restart...

jamesf0164

Pokegyms steel gym
We never received the year of the dragon shiny's or the shiny hydreigon/Golurk in America....

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
Always replacing like 3 of your team members with hm idiots like surfers, flyers, and strenghters and rock smashers.
And also, searching hours in the GTS but always finding that the people want legendaries under level 9...

^ This. This forever, my god. ^

Also I always want to punch something when my chain breaks in pokemon Diamond for seemingly NO REASON. Like, I'll be doing everything perfectly to a T and BAM, suddenly a Staravia or Kricketune in my face. Its really made me hate some of the more common pokemon in Sinnoh. > >;;

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I'm gonna assume you're not playing Platinum...

Extremely low leveled wild Pokemon; meaning tons of grinding (yeah, I'm looking at you G/S/HG/SS).

I do, actually, though Platinum and even HGSS is still sluggish for me compared to Gen III.

Another one that really annoys me: Swagger. Not only does it confuse your Pokémon, it also increases damage when your Pokémon hits itself...

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Things that make me grind my gears in Pokemon:

Opponents who abuse status moves a lot, it gets annoying really fast.
Getting affected by status conditions like burn, paralysis, poison and sleep. Ugh...
People always requesting Level 9 and under Legendaries on the GTS.
Being forced to use a useless HM on a good Pokemon or swap something for an HM Slave.
Opponents using berries that weaken a super-effective move, I see them used way too often in the PWT.
Berries that trigger in a pinch, they can catch you off-guard if you're not expecting it.
Battling a strong Trainer and you can't seem to land a critical hit on them.
Fishermen with 6 Magikarps, they make me rage just as much as Marriland does.

Mai Linna

Eevee Breeder
What really grinds my gears is the Dream World. I just want a Pidgey! Is that too much to ask?!?! ;_; I hate trying to find specific Pokemon there.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
What grinds my gears is that they gave Carracosta 3 possible abilities, and Archeops got 1, which has no benefit whatsoever.

Because that one ability on Archeops is more than enough since Defeatist helps balance out Archeops's hig stat spread.

I don't get why Fairy is hated a lot, many wanted a new type for a while and now there complaining on the possibility of a new one, can't people just make up their minds?

What really grinds my gears is the Dream World. I just want a Pidgey! Is that too much to ask?!?! ;_; I hate trying to find specific Pokemon there.

Their are other ways of getting a Pidgey. Plus if your hunting one just for its ability, I highly advise you shouldn't since all of its abilities are crap but no one is stopping you from what you want.

Last edited:

Compass

Don't need roads.
Things that make me grind my gears in Pokemon:
People always requesting Level 9 and under Legendaries on the GTS.

This, for real. What are they trying to do? Clone? Show off their Pokemon? I don't know but it is infuriating. I really hope some sort of GTS search option for only finding people asking for Pokemon you actually have is made available.

Alli

People who write pokemons is extremely annoying. I know it's petty to care so much about it, but it is the most annoying thing I see at these forums.

DerpyMail

Derpy Hooves
Always replacing like 3 of your team members with hm idiots like surfers, flyers, and strenghters and rock smashers.
And also, searching hours in the GTS but always finding that the people want legendaries under level 9...

Oh yes, that is VERY boring...
I actually received a hacked Yanmega for my lvl100 Charizard. :(

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Event Pokemon

This, this, forever this. THIS.

Event Pokémon are infinitely more accessible than NY Pokémon Center Celbei was, but that's not saying much. For one, they're distributed by a fairly ubiquitous wireless signal now. Before, they had to be physically downloaded onto the cart. And even then, we miss out on some of the really cool event only 'Mons that Japan has gotten, like say Rayquaza with V-Create!

Did I mention it's black and shiny? Must be revenge for us winning the war.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
What grinds my gears? Friggin' wild Tranquills in Gen V. First turn, they use Taunt, so there goes my idea of poisoning or burning it. Then they keep using Protect and Roost. VERY annoying when training my Pokemon, since it drains their PP so easily. If my Pokemon is slower than it and unable to 2-shot it, it's basically screwed.

Also, walking into a shaking patch of grass to find an Emolga or (worse) Dunsparce instead of an Audino. I got my hopes up for gaining a lot more experience, but no... Running into a fully evolved Pokemon like Unfezant or Whimsicott is usually tolerable, since they tend to give out a lot of XP too.