• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Something else that grinds my gears: Auto run being disabled for Gen V. I believe this is being brought back for XY?

Yeah, though with some minor tweaks. You run by default and have to press B to walk, if I recall correctly. I didn't mind its absence in 5th Gen since running speed was already so quick, but what did annoy me in 5th gen was the inability to battle on wi-fi with 6v6 flat level rule (lv. 50).

stupot

When you try to trade for something on the GTS and it comes up with "Unfortunately it was traded to another trainer."
WHY IS IT STILL LISTED THEN!?

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
When you try to trade for something on the GTS and it comes up with "Unfortunately it was traded to another trainer."

Urg, I absolutely hate this :mad:

How hard it is getting some competitive items such as light clay.(found as a wild hold item)

Mew The Gato

How hard it is getting some competitive items such as light clay.(found as a wild hold item)

I easily got a Dragon Scale to evolve Seadra for my friend.

How? I used a Pokemon with Compoundeyes. It significantly increases the chance of the item appearing with a wild Pokemon.

Do the same with the wild Pokemon with Light Clay. Have something with Compundeyes as your lead, then switch to another Pokemon and use Thief.

I personally used an Yanma. Good luck with this!

Cloystoys

This is not my tea!
What bothers me is when everybody insists on using the legendaries. In my opinion it takes the fun out of the game and you're making it too easy. Not to mention when people wreck you with their full Lv. 100 party of Legendaries on Wi-Fi

Ninfia-Fan

OMG you are not gonna believe my bad luck... I saw a Lvl. 100 SHINY Jolteon on the GTS and it wasn't an impossible trade. All that was wanted for it was an Aggron of any level. So I went to the cave by Drfitveil, caught a Lairon, evolved it, but when I got. Ack to the GTS, it said "Unfortunately this pokemon has been traded away to another trainer." 0.o

On the plus side, I got a good Aggron out of it. But I still wish I had that Jolteon...

Matoro

Toa of Ice
Well you know how people are always complaining about Level 9 and under Reshiram/Zekrom? I found this that might help explain...

ZPgARwl.png

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Well you know how people are always complaining about Level 9 and under Reshiram/Zekrom? I found this that might help explain...

ZPgARwl.png

Except that doesn't work anymore in Gen V.

The Chrisco

Dream Collector
You know what grinds my gears?
You're battling a trainer, and it uses a status-inflicting move. You're annoyed, but realize you have one more full heal left in your pack. You whip it out, heal your pokemon on your next turn, only for the enemy to inflict you with that same status.
Why Gamefreak? Why?

Oh yea, and the starters with their hidden abilities only being released as males. I've been waiting for the starters to get some interesting abilities since abilities came out.

PsychicPsycho

Going through the Dream World, and I can hardly find a pokemon I don't have, even though I've only been on there a couple months. Or that whenever I find a pokemon I need, it turns of to be male. Also, pokemon that have crappy DW abilities (this includes pokemon with levitate that have no DW ability).
If I had to list just one I'd say that it would be this: Trading a legit Pokemon on the GTS for one that seems too good to be true, only to find out that it was too good to be true, and that it was hacked/cloned. Since I very recently started using Pokecheck, I can weed out pretty much any hacks in any way shape or form, and it bugs me. :p
It annoys me that hackers trade pokemon. I mean, if you can hack whatever you want, why not just hack something instead of trading for it?
Something else that grinds my gears: Auto run being disabled for Gen V. I believe this is being brought back for XY?
Me too. I'm glad to hear it's apparently coming back. What I miss from HG/SS to Gen 5 was that I could press the screen with my stylus to advance the dialogue in SS, but not afterward.

echo13

I can't sell multiple items to the maniacs at once. I have so much stuff, I'm dreading selling it.

Enjolras

Master of the House
I can't sell multiple items to the maniacs at once. I have so much stuff, I'm dreading selling it.

This annoys me more than it should. When you have 70 Old Gateaux and you have to sell them one at a time.... Ugh.

Cyberra

pain in the ***

I hear you on that... I have a TON of stuff to sell but it'll take me forever.

This annoys me more than it should. When you have 70 Old Gateaux and you have to sell them one at a time.... Ugh.

I'll see your 70 Old Gateaux and raise you 80+ bags of mulch. That's three different kinds of mulch, with over 80 bags of each.

Another thing that annoys me is getting Hard Stones in every single thing I buy from the antique store.

DoctorDark

Do you know what really grinds my gears? Not being able to accurately stop/start my bike. Do you know the number of times I have to get on/off of the stupid thing just to pick up hidden items and get into a damn pokemon center?

Mew The Gato

I'll see your 70 Old Gateaux and raise you 80+ bags of mulch. That's three different kinds of mulch, with over 80 bags of each.

Another thing that annoys me is getting Hard Stones in every single thing I buy from the antique store.

When I actually tried out everything in Pokestar Studios, I had so much to sell that I just used the move option to move the Lava Cookies and Old Gateaux to the latest slot in the bag and just kept pressing A. It took a while, but at least the reward was worthwhile.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
People whining that mega charizard isn't Fire/Dragon wanna know why he isn't

-Game Freak NEVER changes dual types (except the gimmick of rotom)

-Water wont do much damage, not because of Drought, but it's now resistant

-Destroys the Rock Paper Scizors relationship

-Becomes too OP making it more usable than other starters

Mew The Gato

Do you know what really grinds my gears? Not being able to accurately stop/start my bike. Do you know the number of times I have to get on/off of the stupid thing just to pick up hidden items and get into a damn pokemon center?

You can now make it a registered item along with other items, so that should no longer be a problem.

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
When all my Will-o-wisps miss.

Or when my favorite Gastrodon ALWAYS gets OHKO'd by a critical hit.
Even after 3 Stockpiles... :'|