• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I actually didn't quite like how critical hits ignore the opposing Reflect/Light Screen and the opponent's Defense/Sp. Defense stat changes.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Exactly. I honestly don't get it why do people say gen 5 has the "worst" starters stat wise.

I have a feeling it's because they all have a BST of 528, which is on the lower spectrum of stat totals for the starters. But yeah it's not a good reason to judge usability

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have a feeling it's because they all have a BST of 528, which is on the lower spectrum of stat totals for the starters. But yeah it's not a good reason to judge usability

It's quite annoying that the fully evolved Unova starters were given a BST that low. But at least it's slightly higher than the Eeveelutions' BST (all of them share the same BST at 525) and despite that, Sylveon is quite usable.

How in XY (can't remember if this happens in ORAS too), when Pokémon in your party level up (other than the one currently in battle), it doesn't show you that nifty window with how much their stats increased (HP +1, Atk +2, etc.) No idea why they took that out.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How in XY (can't remember if this happens in ORAS too), when Pokémon in your party level up (other than the one currently in battle), it doesn't show you that nifty window with how much their stats increased (HP +1, Atk +2, etc.) No idea why they took that out.

Yeah, I find it really annoying too because I can't see how their stats grow up and it just wastes extra time.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
This is REALLY stupid, but it still bothers me for some reason.

The heights of Pokémon, especially the 'long' or serpentine ones.

Height is not the same as length. I think they should put length instead of height for those it applies to. Mind you, there have been so many inconsistencies to size that I don't know if it's worth it.

NotABeginningTrainer

To get back on topic, it also has to do with Serperior but in Gen 5, it was really annoying that its HA was unavailable even though it made it useful in competitive.

If you think that's bad, what about how Chandelure was supposed to have Shadow Tag as its HA in gen 5? It was never released and now the HA is different :(.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?

Ya know I half hate that it's gone but I'm half thankful it's gone. I can see how it's annoying for casual playthroughs but when your grinding Blissey bases that would be one extra thing to mash through. And that already takes enough time as it is.

Ya know I half hate that it's gone but I'm half thankful it's gone. I can see how it's annoying for casual playthroughs but when your grinding Blissey bases that would be one extra thing to mash through. And that already takes enough time as it is.
Ah, fair point. I can definitely see how it'd be obnoxious when you've got (potentially multiple) Pokémon gaining dozens of levels in a single battle.

I guess the ideal would just be to make it something that we can toggle on/off, like battle animations.

Synnett

Stuff
Ya I loved that stats window.

Also, I was at school, waiting for the bus, and I had my 3DS with me. I was playing Pokemon Shuffle, and I was at my last heart thing, and I hoped to keep it until the bus arrived. (I like to observe the board to make the best move possible, so my games can last for a few minutes) I think I was at Nidorina's level or some ghost type... anyway, so I start the game, there is a disruption that adds a few Nidorinas on the board, it makes a pair of three, and then it starts a combo and finish the stage within seconds; I didn't even use a move. I had a combo of around 37. I was pretty mad.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
How people think Eternal Floette is good really grinds my gears. Sure it has stronger stats, powerful move and looks different from the others but I don't think it is that great. Shiny pokemon with recoil and self-fainting moves is a real grind my gears.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If you think that's bad, what about how Chandelure was supposed to have Shadow Tag as its HA in gen 5? It was never released and now the HA is different :(.

I kinda remember that. Maybe they didn't want it to end up like Gothitelle or something.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I kinda remember that. Maybe they didn't want it to end up like Gothitelle or something.

Immunities to 2 attack types and one status with more potential firepower is quite a decent tradeoff over goth bulk, honestly both would be scary as chandelure still has a workable bulk and could have trapped fairies if it had its ability.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Immunities to 2 attack types and one status with more potential firepower is quite a decent tradeoff over goth bulk, honestly both would be scary as chandelure still has a workable bulk and could have trapped fairies if it had its ability.

Yes, I see how great it might be in competitive. But they seem to care more about in-game stuff for example FS Lampent trapping you like how FS Gothorita (it's seemingly worser than Lampent) and Wobbuffet did.

But it was quite annoying how a wild Shadow Tag Pokémon could trap you unless there was the Smoke Ball/Pokémon with Shadow Tag.