• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

UR2L8

Coming up with a VGC team after Worlds happened. Not so much annoying as it is depressing, especially if the format doesn't change for a few months.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Coming up with a VGC team after Worlds happened. Not so much annoying as it is depressing, especially if the format doesn't change for a few months.

Where you expecting originality? NOPE IT'S ME OVERCENTRALIZATION! caused by arbitrary bans of events with devs trying to balance the game on a doubles format...

Seriously, I remember a GF interview with them saying they checked on trends to counter them with new Megas, suddenly new base 135 speed and inner focus... That no one uses as they aren't as cost effective nor restrictive to build around as the mons causing the centralization to happen to begin with...

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Hoopa event still not made available for Australia and New Zealand. 50 winning streak at super battles in Battle Maison in order to rematch Wally. No rematches against neighbor and gym leaders in ORAS. The long wait for the next main series game. These really grind my gears.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How in RSE Brendan/May (as a rival) doesn't get to fully evolve his/her starter into Sceptile/Blaziken/Swampert so disappointed that I never got to battle them (from rivals).

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
your just unlucky I've spot passed that and had it many times

Well, to be honest I just reached post-game two weeks so it may be normal xD I'll keep trying.

Another thing that grinds my gears is making good chains in DexNav while in a cave. It's just ridiculous...

Master TF

What grinds my gears most of all is that People use a pokemon just cause it became good.Like last gen Did not see hardly any Serperior :497: now see them way to much.Now I like Serperior first one I picked the moment I saw her on Pokemon white and white 2.Then there is Kangaskhan never saw it in battle once now it's almost seen on every team.It's moves are so Predictable but hardly anything can be done.Talonflame can't comment on it as it came out this gen but is still annoying with Galewing.I have had 5 games in a row with these three on the team and when I get close to winning 4 of these matches the screen goes white saying player has Disconnected.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Another thing that grinds my gears is making good chains in DexNav while in a cave. It's just ridiculous...

I find that really annoying too. Pokémon appearing and disappearing over a period of time. Same with water too and a lot easier in the grass.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Mew event not being released for Gen 6 so far. I expected one when XY was out because of the Kanto Legendary birds and Mewtwo were in the game.

Bananarama

The light is coming
How in RSE Brendan/May (as a rival) doesn't get to fully evolve his/her starter into Sceptile/Blaziken/Swampert so disappointed that I never got to battle them (from rivals).

I was really upset about this also. It just felt so incomplete :(

Also, I used to hate worrying about wasting a TM in the earlier games (up until gen 5) since they were only temporary.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How in ORAS it requires a 50 winning streak in the Battle Maison to rematch Wally. And you didn't have to do as much effort in RSE.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Still no new Pokemon Ranger since the third one. Was the third one unpopular or something?

I am also hoping for a new Ranger game, I've really missed seeing it again. It'd also be a great opportunity to give out Manaphy since I'm sure many players are still looking for one.

I just thought about this yesterday, I was disappointed in how footprints were removed in Gen 6's pokedexes. I really don't care if the reason is because there are 3D models now, they've already built 5 generations worth of it and it's just disappeared.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
[jcQUOTE=Sceptrigon;17868873]I am also hoping for a new Ranger game, I've really missed seeing it again. It'd also be a great opportunity to give out Manaphy since I'm sure many players are still looking for one.

I just thought about this yesterday, I was disappointed in how footprints were removed in Gen 6's pokedexes. I really don't care if the reason is because there are 3D models now, they've already built 5 generations worth of it and it's just disappeared.[/QUOTE]

I bought a Pearl Version that has a Manaphy Egg on it. It seems to be real because of the date and the fact the game says it came from a Ranger game. I don't think the previous owner hacked the game as there aren't too many Pokemon on the game card and there's an Octillery from the GBA games. The only thing unusual is Action Replay Madter Balls and Rare Candy

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
[jcQUOTE=Sceptrigon;17868873]I am also hoping for a new Ranger game, I've really missed seeing it again. It'd also be a great opportunity to give out Manaphy since I'm sure many players are still looking for one.

I just thought about this yesterday, I was disappointed in how footprints were removed in Gen 6's pokedexes. I really don't care if the reason is because there are 3D models now, they've already built 5 generations worth of it and it's just disappeared.

I bought a Pearl Version that has a Manaphy Egg on it. It seems to be real because of the date and the fact the game says it came from a Ranger game. I don't think the previous owner hacked the game as there aren't too many Pokemon on the game card and there's an Octillery from the GBA games. The only thing unusual is Action Replay Madter Balls and Rare Candy[/QUOTE]

That happened with me when I bought a used Platinum game. I transfer it to my AS game.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How it's harder to run from wild Pokémon in the Battle Pyramid.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Isn't that related to the speed of the pokemon in battle? I'm sure that mechanic works there also.

Dunno, but from what I've heard, it's harder to run from wild Pokémon in the Battle Pyramid compared to normal wild encounters.