• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Cradily17

Picture every fan of Raichu dealing with this for 20 years.

Not to mention the battles where Blastoise lost to Charizard. Once in the anime, and again in Origins. I don't understand why the Pokémon Company has to make other Pokémon look bad just to promote popular ones.

KillerDraco

Not to mention the battles where Blastoise lost to Charizard. Once in the anime, and again in Origins. I don't understand why the Pokémon Company has to make other Pokémon look bad just to promote popular ones.

The protagonist is often meant to overcome impossible odds. In the case of Pokemon, that's often winning despite a type disadvantage. Pretty much all anime do this. You don't sympathize with a protagonist if they overcome the challenges easily.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Deus ex Machina. Take a shot when that happens in the anime.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The people of my country who are dead set on being violently antagonistic towards anyone who doesn't agree with them, despite several decades of history showing how horribly things end up when it happens.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The protagonist is often meant to overcome impossible odds. In the case of Pokemon, that's often winning despite a type disadvantage. Pretty much all anime do this. You don't sympathize with a protagonist if they overcome the challenges easily.

SAO and Asterisk War suffer from badass Mc no one holds a candle to them...somehow they are popular...

Akashin

SAO and Asterisk War suffer from badass Mc no one holds a candle to them...somehow they are popular...

Of course they are (didn't know Asterisk War was popular though, nor that it was comparable to SAO; I've stayed largely blissfully ignorant to it). There will never not be a market for strong, can-do-no-wrong protagonists for people to self insert themselves as. But I don't think people like characters like that because they're sympathetic, per se.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Of course they are (didn't know Asterisk War was popular though, nor that it was comparable to SAO; I've stayed largely blissfully ignorant to it). There will never not be a market for strong, can-do-no-wrong protagonists for people to self insert themselves as. But I don't think people like characters like that because they're sympathetic, per se.

Give them a loli mid season and people WILL like them.

Ascended Dialga

When the server for the Serebii forums has a slight case of the hiccups.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I know of something.

I always thought FR/LG was better than the original games.

However, why the actual heck does Giovanni have a Rhyhorn instead of Rhydon

He's the eighth gym leader. I know water and grass moves (especially since all of them are special in Gen III) would kill them all the same, but there are times I don't use a Pokemon to make it that easy. Rhydon would have provided something over some washed out (get it?) Pokemon that isn't spectacular this late in the game.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
When the server for the Serebii forums has a slight case of the hiccups.

This.

Seriously, drove me insane. I thought there was something wrong on my end.

PokeLys

Since Red version'98
My egg score so far in Pokémon Go:
2km: Clefairy, Charmander, Pikachu (For 2km eggs, awesome!)
5km: NidoranF (Not bad either, never had one in the wild)
10km: Eevee, Eevee, Eevee (Are you serious?? All that work for something I catch everyday! THREE TIMES?!?)

Akashin

I hate when the word "slight" is used to mean "major enough to last an entire day".

My knowledge on the subject is hardly extensive but, relative to the sort of issues that could crop up from server hiccups, only being down for a day is comparatively slight.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yanmega isn't part Dragon type. The dragonfly Pokemon is only Bug/Flying type. That gets me annoyed because I feel they're underselling it. It's not like other "flying" bugs have to have the type, since the likes of Beedrill and Volcarona are part Poison and Fire respectively. At least Gyarados has the excuse of "it'd be too broken if it was part Dragon"

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yanmega isn't part Dragon type. The dragonfly Pokemon is only Bug/Flying type. That gets me annoyed because I feel they're underselling it. It's not like other "flying" bugs have to have the type, since the likes of Beedrill and Volcarona are part Poison and Fire respectively. At least Gyarados has the excuse of "it'd be too broken if it was part Dragon"

Yanmega doesn't have enough Dragon characteristics or moves to be a Bug/Dragon. Maybe with a possible mega evolution but nothing suggests that it should be a Dragon for me.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I hate when the word "slight" is used to mean "major enough to last an entire day".

Given this site's track record, 'major enough to last a whole day' IS 'slight'.

I probably mentioned it already, but I don't know if I mentioned it on this topic. This has always bugged me. I was never sure if I should put it in this topic, or the 'doesn't make sense' topic. Because this both annoys me to no end, and also doesn't make sense to me at the same time.

Mega Evolutions:

Seriously, what's the point of them? They're evolutions that a Pokémon can temporarily use in battle? Can't they already evolve? Why do we need them? How do the Mega Stones work? How can people even tell which ones work on which Pokémon? Why can only certain Pokémon use them? And for that matter, why didn't we know about them until Gen VI, despite the fact that Kalos has been using them this whole time and apparently they've existed all along? You're seriously telling me that no other Pokémon researcher or Professor bothered to check in with that Region's Professor to see if any advancements or new discoveries had been made? Isn't that supposed to be their job? What have they been doing this whole time?

Last edited:

Laurelai

Ugh. For some reason, I did not receive the email for the Mewtwo shiny distribution that was supposed to be sent in late July. I played in the June 2016 international competition, ranked 8,888 out of some 19,000+ players. I have promotional email selected (and have received pokemon distributions not too long ago- got the 3 elemental birds). I've been checking my email religiously since mid-July specifically for pokemon email. The only reason I *did* the competition was for the shiny Mewtwo :(. I sent an enquiry email, and got the general canned response (make sure you have promotional email selected, check your junk folder etc). All their suggestions were already in place. I'm so bummed. I really wanted that special Mewtwo.

Last edited: