• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

DatsRight

Meowth/Persian's Technician ability being hindered by the fact it learns no 50-60 level STAB moves.

Gen 6 Persian and Alolan Meowth/Persian would supposedly get around this, but their attacks apply to either's poorest stats (at least until the latter learns Dark Pulse at a VERY high level, which isn't Technician boosted anyway).

Seriously the poor thing gets no truly powerful attacks naturally and it's attack/special attack level for either isn't great anyway, can't it at least manipulate it's ability to it's fullest to make it a good strategically raised battler?

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
I know I'm not the only one with this complaint, but the "call for help" feature.

I hate it.

I hate how it makes a simple encounter turn into an on-again-off-again lopsided doubles battle where I have to keep clearing the field just to take a shot with a Pokeball. I know I'm still in the early stages and I haven't really ground out levels yet, but at best, this would be annoying. At worst, I find it to be rage-inducing.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
You don't have to wear a hat anymore but you can only wear capris or shorts...

Like I get that its a tropical region, but it still just seems needlessly limiting. Oh and the hair colors are pretty limited too, like we know they know gingers exist we just had Trevor as a main characters in X/Y.

I'm disappointed by the lack of hair colours too. When I saw the wine red colour I thought they were adding more unnatural hair colours but we only got the one. NPCs have unnatural colours so I don't see a reason why we shouldn't too. Also the lack of ginger hair is very confusing. I had ginger hair in XY and I liked how it looked on my character so it's a shame we don't have it anymore.

I wonder if they made Pokemon pop up less often in the grass....the old games it was like every 4 steps it was so annoying!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Solrock and Lunatone, Pokemon specifically based on the sun and moon to the point of obviousness, not getting a Mega Evolution in Pokemon Sun and Moon. The two most appropriate Pokemon to give Megas and you don't even think of it

Ajduk

Hau.
I though that the 4th gen rival was a bit dense but I'm having real suspicions that Hau might be severely autistic.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Hau.
I though that the 4th gen rival was a bit dense but I'm having real suspicions that Hau might be severely autistic.

As someone with Asperger's I find that pretty offensive. I'm sure you didn't mean to be but not everyone on the autistic spectrum is dense. We are much more aware of things around us than people realize. Some of us just choose to pretend not to notice stuff because it's easier than having people question is why we know about stuff we really shouldn't know about. And not all of us are super happy all the time either.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Resetting for a desirable nature on gift Pokemon is a tedious process, and gets on my nerves. I have so many unclaimed event mons in Alpha Sapphire, because I don't care for resetting over and over again until I finally get a Diancie with a Timid nature.

Also, the fact that some Mega Stones are missing in Sun and Moon. Where am I supposed to get Gardevoirite when I finally transfer my shiny Gardevoir...?

Ajduk

As someone with Asperger's I find that pretty offensive. I'm sure you didn't mean to be but not everyone on the autistic spectrum is dense. We are much more aware of things around us than people realize. Some of us just choose to pretend not to notice stuff because it's easier than having people question is why we know about stuff we really shouldn't know about. And not all of us are super happy all the time either.

I didn't mean to be offensive and I know that not everyone on the autistic spectrum is dense.
That is why I've used the word severely, as in borderline retarded...yes, retarded would probably be a better word to describe that behavior. I should have gone with severely retarded instead.
Sorry for offending you.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I didn't mean to be offensive and I know that not everyone on the autistic spectrum is dense.
That is why I've used the word severely, as in borderline retarded...yes, retarded would probably be a better word to describe that behavior. I should have gone with severely retarded instead.
Sorry for offending you.
"Retarded" doesn't work with the character. Hau is a readily-excited character. There isn't a particular depth with him having a bigger mental disorder or distrophy.

Nockturne

It bugs me when Pokemon get a physical move rather than its special equivalent when they're a special attacker, or vice versa. An example would be Comfey getting Play Rough rather than Moonblast. I know it gets Dazzling Gleam via TM but still, it just seems like a unnecessary limit to a Pokemon's potential.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Who's the idiot that decided Ghost moves should be physical based until Generation 4's physical/special split?

Dougilles

So I started with this haunted I raised from a ghastly that u can catch fairly early. 78spatk at lv 25

It's been 4 hours of gts and I can't get a blasted gengar at lv25 with similar stats. I'm so sick of all the thrifty megamart lv 30 gengar. Like seriously. FU little kids that just catch these worthless bastards and send em out. Four hours and counting damnit

Edit: and yes. I made this just to complain about this haha

ebevan91

Encounter rates and high evolution levels (or late evolution areas) for some of the new Pokemon. Charjabug finally evolved at level 44 at that damned canyon.

Ajduk

Sun and moon main story.
It is so...so bad. It is painful to play through it. Villains are laughable, their motivations make no sense, they aren't a threat at all and all custscenes, which talk about the islands, take sooooooooooooo long.
Worst pokemon story so far.

Sun and moon main story.
It is so...so bad. It is painful to play through it. Villains are laughable, their motivations make no sense, they aren't a threat at all and all custscenes, which talk about the islands, take sooooooooooooo long.
Worst pokemon story so far.

Have you seen beyond Ula Ula yet? It gets so much better.

I'm about to face the Elite Four. Yes, the story gets a bit better at Ula Ula but the events that take place on the last island, regarding the story, don't make much sense.

I've heard some of what happens, and despite not quite being there yet it sounds quite cool to me, plus the odd accidental screenshots I've seen look cool to me. I guess I'll see if my opinion changes later. But for now, I'm really enjoying it. I respect your opinion tho.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
None of the legendaries or Ultra Beasts being able to be obtained as shiny. Not even those unimportant to the plot like Necrozma

Elite4woolfy

✽✽✽✽✽✽
When I hatch 200+ Feebas and no shiny :c