• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
OK, so I definitely have to mention the replacement of the PSS with the Festival Plaza. I still haven't been able to find many people from my friends list :(

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
It took me until XY to realize that Happiny only needed the Oval Stone. I kept thinking you needed that item AND max out its happiness. Catching and evolving Feebas was a total nightmare in Gen 3 and 4. I only found a place in Emeraldl only once and caught many just to get Milotic. And then only once in Platinum and I bred it like crazy with Ditto to have more. What irritated the most was when the Fffeebas either hated Blue Pokéblocks or Poffins or was neutral and itt got too full to eat any more. I'm glad that in ORAS that Pokémon will eat unlimited Pokéblocks.

If it makes you feel better I didn't know about incense breeding until ORAS when I decided to catch em all for the first time. I was quite shocked when I breeded a sudowoodo and got another one instead of bonsly.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Spending 10 hours breeding for a 6IV Smeargle and not getting a single one. I know the chance is low but it should NOT take this long. I have 2 5 IV parents, this is seriously beyond a joke now.

Last edited:

Echo Nacyl

Spending 10 hours breeding for a 6IV Smeargle and not getting a single one. I know the chance is low but it should NOT take this long. I have 2 5 IV parents, this is seriously beyond a joke now.

If they're different alignments of 5V, you can get as poor as 3V, and 6V is quite a crapshoot. I'd suggest using a power item to help, assuming you aren't trying to everstone a nature.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
If they're different alignments of 5V, you can get as poor as 3V, and 6V is quite a crapshoot. I'd suggest using a power item to help, assuming you aren't trying to everstone a nature.

I eventually did equip a power item to one of them after the attack IV frequently got ignored or it picked the attack from the parent that didn't have the 31 (the other parent was missing defence). I was just breeding for a 6IV male to pass on egg moves and IVs so nature didn't matter. Surprisingly, not long after I posted I got 2 with 6IVs within 3 eggs (one male and a female). Suppose I can stop complaining now.

- Zubat
- When every step in grass I get attacked by wild pokemon. (Not literally)
- Getting stuck in a battle. The other day I had one useable Pokemon and non of its moves are effective against Gastly. The the oppenent (a low level trainer I walked past) gastly has no moves that cause damage. So I would have to wait forever for one of us to use all our moves to use struggle. So have to restart and haven't saved it for a while.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
After Pokemon Refresh/Amie, you cause your pokemon to love you so much that they cause critical hits. Yeah, lesson learned. Never try to use them when trying to hunt rare pokemon.
Just another reason for Super Fang to exist. Thank goodness for xerox arrow.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Midnight form Lycanroc not being able to learn False Swipe?? But look at that thing! It's practically a Werewolf Deathclaw!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Getting a communication error on the gts mid trade (with good internet btw) only to get banned from BOTH local and wifi trading

Elite4woolfy

✽✽✽✽✽✽
Well, horde training *was* really convenient, EV training now isn't going to quite as bad as it was prior to hordes. Now you have to SOS chain, but that's not hard- just eats some time.

I completely forgot about SOS battles! Yes, this won't be as bad as previous games :p

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Speaking of things not learning False Swipe, Silvally? I guess it was made to be a beast killer, not a beast weakener but still, it's a great mon for sos hunting [not as good a Smergal but I have yet to get one of those specific Smergal], if only it had False Swipe. [Granted it's movepool leave a lot to be desired in the first place so meh.]

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
They ban you from local too? o_O

Again, both Local and Wifi and this is the message i got from it

You can't have a Link Trade or trade at the GTS because your previous Link Trade or trade at the GTS was interrupted due to a communication error or power interruption"

I'll check later on to see if I get unbanned but this is what i've been getting

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
Again, both Local and Wifi and this is the message i got from it

You can't have a Link Trade or trade at the GTS because your previous Link Trade or trade at the GTS was interrupted due to a communication error or power interruption"

I'll check later on to see if I get unbanned but this is what i've been getting

Oh wow. I heard about people getting ban from the GTS, but not local. It's silly for local.

The Festival Plaza in general. I wish you could access your PC. :/

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Oh wow. I heard about people getting ban from the GTS, but not local. It's silly for local.

The Festival Plaza in general. I wish you could access your PC. :/

Ok so after about a few hours, I'm finally unbanned. Hopefully this won't happen again

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It has to be the worst breeding method ever. Oh let's not forget about that most baby Pokemon require happiness in order to evolve.

Actually baby Pokemon in general grind my gears. They should only work if you get them in the wild

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Cosmog you get evolving into the same legendary you already got. Feels like its redundant

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
The SOS feature really annoys me.

They always seem to call for help at the worst possible moment and it happens quite often too even without the adrenaline orb. I know it's helpful in some situations, but most of the time it just drags the battle on longer than it should, and it's annoying when you're trying to catch a Pokémon as you can't throw a ball when there's more than one Pokémon on the field.

Horde battles were better because at least they didn't happen frequently and you could control when you wanted a horde with honey. I find it hard to like SOS in comparison.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Nothing grinds my gears more regarding Pokemon now than the removal of the PSS...I just can't wrap my head around it...We had completely seamless wireless communication in the XY era, with your friends lists, local players, and all of your Online options being available right there on the touch screen while you were off doing whatever in the overworld, and now...Its all sectioned off in some sub-world?

I also have sort of a resentment for the Rotom Dex now, since its eating up what used to be a much more practical use of space...Do we really need to have the map on 24/7?