• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

FowTech95

Random Passerby
The Player Search System was an excellent innovation, one that kept Pokemon players connected online, making trades and battles with random players, as well as friends, as easy as one tap of the touch screen. For reasons that we cannot fathom, it is gone now, replaced instead by the perplexing Festival Plaza. This means that the persistent online connectivity of X/Y, which made them seem such social games, and which made battling and trading with others so easy, is now replaced by the need to launch the Player Plaza, wrestle with its obtuse menus and UI, go online, try to figure out how to find your friends (or randoms), and then engage with them. It’s a dramatic step back, and we cannot understand why Game Freak would do such a thing

I mean, we have the GTS, but seriously Pokémon ?

I only things I hate about the Festival Plaza are the lack access in the PC and updating your Guest List over and over to find a friend. Other than that, it's really fun to hang out in the Plaza. At least I don't have to wait a long time to save due to Game Sync.

NickChaos

Battle Royals

I'm not sure if I'm alone in this but, something that bothers me is that there is no variation on the battle royal battle style. I wish it didn't end when all of someone's Pokemon got knocked out, or at least there was a variant in which that was the case. I mean it is super interesting metagame wise, against other players, but it just feels like a missed opportunity that there were no variations.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm not sure if I'm alone in this but, something that bothers me is that there is no variation on the battle royal battle style. I wish it didn't end when all of someone's Pokemon got knocked out, or at least there was a variant in which that was the case. I mean it is super interesting metagame wise, against other players, but it just feels like a missed opportunity that there were no variations.
It's probably made that way so that no one has to wait on everybody else.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Probably been mentioned a ton at this point, but the lack of an in-game destiny knot kinda bugged me. I'm fine with getting battle points, but it would have been nice to start breeding things right away. Lack of buying Johto balls or the 4th gen evolution stones also is quite bothersome. I kinda understand why the stones were rare in the gen 4 games, but at this point, we should be able to buy them like any other stone. Granted, the cave in Pelago makes it somewhat easy, but it still is up to chance. Still can't really wrap my head around the Johto balls though. I understand that they're there to kinda show of Johto's influence on the cities, but then why is there not an importer? It could even be a once a week thing were a guy shows up and you can buy them. Only giving us one of each is kinda lame.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Probably been mentioned a ton at this point, but the lack of an in-game destiny knot kinda bugged me. I'm fine with getting battle points, but it would have been nice to start breeding things right away. Lack of buying Johto balls or the 4th gen evolution stones also is quite bothersome. I kinda understand why the stones were rare in the gen 4 games, but at this point, we should be able to buy them like any other stone. Granted, the cave in Pelago makes it somewhat easy, but it still is up to chance. Still can't really wrap my head around the Johto balls though. I understand that they're there to kinda show of Johto's influence on the cities, but then why is there not an importer? It could even be a once a week thing were a guy shows up and you can buy them. Only giving us one of each is kinda lame.
I get Game Freak want to maintain the lore of the Johto balls being special hand-crafted Poke Balls but not having a means to get more of them (albeit with a limited number available per day/week to enforce their special value) is very annoying. It makes me reluctant to actually use them out of fear if the Pokémon breaks out, you lost the only Johto ball in your save file.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Probably been mentioned a ton at this point, but the lack of an in-game destiny knot kinda bugged me. I'm fine with getting battle points, but it would have been nice to start breeding things right away.
You can try your luck with Pick Up. The odds are low but it's something if you don't want to wait until the end game to get a Destiny Knot.

I kinda feel bad for all the people looking for a Destiny Knot. I had an Alolan Meowth on my team for a while and it picked it up at some point before evolving. I didn't even notice when I got it, I just saw that I had it in my bag already and thought I got it from an NPC...

FowTech95

Random Passerby

You can try your luck with Pick Up. The odds are low but it's something if you don't want to wait until the end game to get a Destiny Knot.

I kinda feel bad for all the people looking for a Destiny Knot. I had an Alolan Meowth on my team for a while and it picked it up at some point before evolving. I didn't even notice when I got it, I just saw that I had it in my bag already and thought I got it from an NPC...

I tried the Pickup method by having an army of Lillipups in my team but no luck (I have plenty of Prism Scales though). It forced me to challenge the Battle Tree with Tapus, Ultra Beasts, and viable items I have (ex. Metronome Xurkitree, which I still use until now). I won the Single Battle challenge and I have the exact amount as the cost of the Destiny Knot.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I get Game Freak want to maintain the lore of the Johto balls being special hand-crafted Poke Balls but not having a means to get more of them (albeit with a limited number available per day/week to enforce their special value) is very annoying. It makes me reluctant to actually use them out of fear if the Pokémon breaks out, you lost the only Johto ball in your save file.

For sure, I don't think I'll be using them any time soon.

As for the destiny knot, I've already gotten one from battle points, just was a shame they didn't give it to you based on how breeder friendly they made XYORAS

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

The Festival Plaza was the perfect way to give out multiple of the Johto Balls so the fact they didn't do it is a huge disappointment. I'd love to be able to get multiple of them as there are so many Pokemon I want to use them on but I don't out of fear of wasting them. I did use my Level Ball on a Cutiefly though which I sort of regret but it was the only thing I could think of catching in that Ball at the time.

I've just resorted to getting them off the GTS instead even though a lot of them go for horrendous offers. At least we can see what PokeBall everything is in now so we know what we're trading for.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Not programming shinies for Castform's other three forms. Not giving Castform a Sandstorm form. Castform having terrible stats

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Wonder trading and getting Yungoos/gumshoos with Trump related nicknames...

It's really hard to avoid the temptation of giving Yungoos/Gumshoos a nickname that's about Donald Trump. That meme has spread like wildfire in a gasoline factory

Echo Nacyl

People joining missions in Festival Plaza and contributing absolutely nothing in the 2-2.5 minutes that remain when they join. I'm not doing these missions to give people 30 free FC, and I seriously doubt it's that hard to know basic type matchups.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
People joining missions in Festival Plaza and contributing absolutely nothing in the 2-2.5 minutes that remain when they join. I'm not doing these missions to give people 30 free FC, and I seriously doubt it's that hard to know basic type matchups.

I don't think they get anything if they don't contribute, but still, I get why its annoying as they are preventing you from getting extra FC

This is more just a personal thing, but I would've really enjoyed if two more types were introduced in Gen 7. Why? Because we currently have 18 types. If Sun/Moon had introduced two more, we'd have 20 by the 20th anniversary.

Ah, me and my perfectionism...

Luthor

It does annoy me slightly they took away rematches in sun and moon. It makes the post-game feel even shorter.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It's really hard to avoid the temptation of giving Yungoos/Gumshoos a nickname that's about Donald Trump. That meme has spread like wildfire in a gasoline factory

I never nicknamed those two. I prefer my names to be original, witty, or some sort of word play that makes sense such as Nefera the Cofagrigus. Nefera is a character in the Monster High franchise and is one of the daughters of Ramses and now a Mummy. Callie Marie is my Malamar. So I generally stay away names that are common for the most part.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Kind of a minor thing for me, but Guzzlord's abysmal Defense stats.

I like most everything else about it, but I always feel a little scared to bring it into a Battle when Fighting/Ice/Fairy/Dragon are common. lol.

Echo Nacyl

I don't think they get anything if they don't contribute, but still, I get why its annoying as they are preventing you from getting extra FC

When they join in one with enough activity to get any of the total score stars, they do get those. That's why it annoys me.

gliscor&yanmega

It does annoy me slightly they took away rematches in sun and moon. It makes the post-game feel even shorter.
They didn't really take them away, most characters can be rematched, just done differently, and frankly more realistic.