• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Bowlbasaur

After completing the game and catching all the UB the fact the Rotom dex will start babbling about stuff:
"Hey aren't we going to catch those ultra beasts!"
we already did!
"I wonder if Lillie is still in her z power from?"
I don't care!

I agree, I just want Rotom to shut up and show me the map most of the time lol

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I don't really pay attention to rotom that much anyways, most of the map i even use is for riding charizard. though i do find him ok story wise...

other than that, battle tree hax is the worse

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Agreed. I've never understood why they aren't resistant to flying and grass.

It would make more sense in my eyes to be resistant to Water and Poison. The former because ice is just water in a solid form(which resists itself) and the latter because pathogens are weakened in the cold

Cat's Eye Draco

It would make more sense in my eyes to be resistant to Water and Poison. The former because ice is just water in a solid form(which resists itself) and the latter because pathogens are weakened in the cold

I always figured ice wasn't resistant to water because water tends to dissolve ice (with some exceptions, like glaciers). I mean, even if you put an ice cube in a glass of cold water it still slowly melts away.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The shiny lock. Alright, I get the logic sometimes; for story-important things were you see the sprites like Groudon or simply being too complicated like SM Zygarde. But denying people things like watermelon Buzzwole is a jerk move

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
Kadabra still evolves when holding an Everstone ever since Gen 4. This doesn't affect me since I've never wanted to keep a Kadabra as is, but I'm baffled by the fact that it hasn't been fixed 10 years later. Why would Gamefreak not know about it for 10 years? Did they do it on purpose? I may never know.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Kadabra still evolves when holding an Everstone ever since Gen 4. This doesn't affect me since I've never wanted to keep a Kadabra as is, but I'm baffled by the fact that it hasn't been fixed 10 years later. Why would Gamefreak not know about it for 10 years? Did they do it on purpose? I may never know.

Maybe it's to make up for the Haunter trade in Sinnoh!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

I think the Uri Geller controversy has caused Game Freak to make us all want to forget about Kadabra. The TCG picked up on this since they now make Abra skip straight to Alakazam, likely because the presence of Kadabra in the media may make Geller want to piss off all over again. Kadabra also hadn't appeared in the anime since the first episode of the Battle Frontier saga, which first aired back in 2005 (2006 for the dub).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
When I try to catch a cool Pokemon and it calls for help. The SOS mechanic, for me, is so annoying.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
The shiny lock. Alright, I get the logic sometimes; for story-important things were you see the sprites like Groudon or simply being too complicated like SM Zygarde. But denying people things like watermelon Buzzwole is a jerk move

Agreed.

I don't even see the point of these shiny locks to be honest (With the exception of the Poochyena in ORAS, that one's understandable). The shiny locks have annoyed me ever since its introduction, and I have no idea why they still continue to do it.

Some do argue it's because of cutscenes, but then explain how it's possible for the fused Kyurem in B2W2 to be shiny (and you can't catch it either), and that is introduced in a cutscene. If sprites/models in the overworld is the reason, earlier generations did it and they can still be shiny there (generations 4 and earlier), so I personally find that excuse weak too.

Currently, I would say Sun and Moon is the worst offender, having a total of 18 Pokémon shiny locked, which is more than generations 5 and 6 combined. Cutscene logic also doesn't work here; only Tapu Koko, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala and Nihilego appear in focus (And to a lesser extent Buzzwole and Pheromosa, but these are merely cameos). The rest of the shiny locked Pokémon don't appear in cutscenes at all, so that's not a good enough excuse. Granted, some shiny locked Pokémon have been made available in a later game (Reshiram, Zekrom) or via events (Xerneas, Yveltal), but I still don't see why they had to be shiny locked in the first place.

I really wish these locks would stop, but now it's a regular thing, I don't see it stopping any time soon. One can only hope these locked Pokémon end up being released in the future.

Last edited:

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Agreed.

I don't even see the point of these shiny locks to be honest (With the exception of the Poochyena in ORAS, that one's understandable). The shiny locks have annoyed me ever since its introduction, and I have no idea why they still continue to do it.

Some do argue it's because of cutscenes, but then explain how it's possible for the fused Kyurem in B2W2 to be shiny (and you can't catch it either), and that is introduced in a cutscene. If sprites/models in the overworld is the reason, earlier generations did it and they can still be shiny there (generations 4 and earlier), so I personally find that excuse weak too.

Currently, I would say Sun and Moon is the worst offender, having a total of 18 Pokémon shiny locked, which is more than generations 5 and 6 combined. Cutscene logic also doesn't work here; only Tapu Koko, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala and Nihilego appear in focus (And to a lesser extent Buzzwole and Pheromosa, but these are merely cameos). The rest of the shiny locked Pokémon don't appear in cutscenes at all, so that's not a good enough excuse. Granted, some shiny locked Pokémon have made available in a later game (Reshiram, Zekrom) or via events (Xerneas, Yveltal), but I still don't see why they had to be shiny locked in the first place.

I really wish these locks would stop, but now it's a regular thing, I don't see it stopping any time soon. One can only hope these locked Pokémon end up being released in the future.

I would love for the shiny lock to not be a thing so I could finish my shiny dex, but I also understand wanting to hold off on making some shinies unavailable for future events, especially with less pokemon being introduced in new games. The problem is when some of those events end up being Japan-only. Or even Jirachi and Diancie's shinies being events in Japan, even though they're not technically in-game shiny locked because they're only available for events.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pelipper in Poni Island is an utter pain when you're trying to level grind. It's moves of Roost and Swallow make it tedious to take them out unless you're already OP, which is frustrating if you want to give Lv 40s-50s Pokemon the max exp you can give them.

Pelipper in Poni Island is an utter pain when you're trying to level grind. It's moves of Roost and Swallow make it tedious to take them out unless you're already OP, which is frustrating if you want to give Lv 40s-50s Pokemon the max exp you can give them.

I recommend grinding in the Poni Plains instead. There are some pretty good Pokemon to use for grinding there. And there's no Pelipper.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I recommend grinding in the Poni Plains instead. There are some pretty good Pokemon to use for grinding there. And there's no Pelipper.

Problem is that I'm not strong enough to face Dexio, which is why I'm level grinding there

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Problem is that I'm not strong enough to face Dexio, which is why I'm level grinding there

There is the battle restaurant in Hau'oli city as well as the rare kitchen that greatly help with level ups as well, yeah, the only drawback is that its once a day but they still help

gliscor&yanmega

There is the battle restaurant in Hau'oli city as well as the rare kitchen that greatly help with level ups as well, yeah, the only drawback is that its once a day but they still help
The Battle Buffet can be done more than once by exploiting a likely oversight. So long as you don't take the 10 turns, you can leave at any time and then re-enter again.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It grinds my gears that Corsola didn't get an evolution this generation, in hindsight. Mainly because I feel really bad that its at the mercy of the Mareanie line, it needs something to make it both viable and not a punching bag by the cycle of life

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
To add on with Aurora Veil, you would think that way more ice types would learn it like Lapras, Walrein, and even the swinub line. If you wanted to reach further out, Suicune should've learned it as well as well as (though its a stretch) Primarina