• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I keep forgetting Oranguru is part normal type. Why is normal just shoved onto some Pokemon this generation when they didn't need it? Drampa, Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate and Oranguru do not need to be normal types. It does nothing for them.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I keep forgetting Oranguru is part normal type. Why is normal just shoved onto some Pokemon this generation when they didn't need it? Drampa, Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate and Oranguru do not need to be normal types. It does nothing for them.

Except for Oranguru, because it will lose its weakness to Ghost and then therefore becoming immune to it.

Last edited:

MrJechgo

- Trade evolutions; because you need someone else... and that person must be willing to trade back.
- Absurd evolution requirements;
* Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra
* Tyrogue/Hitmonlee, Hirmonchan or Hitmontop
* Nincada/Shedinja
* Salandit/Salazzle
* Inkay/Malamar
* Several Pokemons have insanely high level evolutions; you get Volcarona at level 59 and Hydreigon at level 64 O_O I'm from a "generation" of players who used to play the Stadium games back in the N64 days. Some Pokemons would have been legitly usable for the Poke Cups (level 50-55)
- Balancing going either way... like some Pokemons could use a buff or stat rearranging, but they have yet to use patches to fix these.
- Lack of type coverage; Care to explain how come Togedemaru has ZERO viable Steel-type moves? or how Kommo-o barely learns Fighting-type moves aside from Sky Uppercut?
- Mega evolutions being dismissed without being compensated for; Maybe with the exception of Charizard and Mewtwo, I would have loved to see some Mega typing being made regular, like Ampharos being permanently an Electric/Dragon or Altaria being a Dragon/Fairy.
- Legendaries being far too numerous; Gen 7 has 17 legendaries Pokemons, from Tapu Koko to Marshadow (including the Ultra Beasts). Remember when Gen 1 had only 5 and Gen 2 had only 6? The following gens really cranked up the Legendary numbers. Why is it a problem? Because several Legendaries are banned for tourneys. Gen 3 has 10, Gen 4 has 14, Gen 5 has 12 and Gen 6 has only 6 (which was a good thing). Legendaries should be few and far between, because right now, there are almost plot devices for the anime movies.
- Choice Band/Scraf/Specs; Yeah, because putting your Pokemon on auto-pilot is very entertaining ¬_¬; It would probably make some Pokemons more interesting with different items.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Protect. Everyone I keep battling in the online competition keeps using it and it's annoying! I should have been able to take out an Arcanine using Accelrock and Earthquake in one turn but no it had to use Protect and ruin everything for me! Just once I want to win more than just two battles.

Ereshkigal

In the case of Rattata and Raticate, it wasn't the Normal type that was added; the non-regional variants are pure Normal types.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Protect. Everyone I keep battling in the online competition keeps using it and it's annoying! I should have been able to take out an Arcanine using Accelrock and Earthquake in one turn but no it had to use Protect and ruin everything for me! Just once I want to win more than just two battles.

It's annoying enough when NPCs do it. Thankfully they don't hax it like Confuse Ray

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm upset that you can't trade Mythical Pokemon on the GTS, even now

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm upset that you can't trade Mythical Pokemon on the GTS, even now

I'm actually glad you can't. Almost all of them in XYORAS are hacked as they've had their event ribbon removed so they can be traded. It also stops people from clogging up the GTS with requests for them as they don't appear at all anymore.

Luthor

speaking of trading it does seem problematic that there is no way search for different forms of pokemon on GTS. With so many pokemon having different forms now it seems odd that it can't be specified. I don't just mean regional forms but things like Shellos forms.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm actually glad you can't. Almost all of them in XYORAS are hacked as they've had their event ribbon removed so they can be traded. It also stops people from clogging up the GTS with requests for them as they don't appear at all anymore.

That's more the fault of people than anything. Also I assumed the GTS was designed to make sure hacked Pokemon can't be traded through it

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That shiny legendary events are still exclusive to Japan.

Oh that drives me nuts that these special shiny events are exclusive to Japan or not worldwide 4 times out of 5. The only time I've seen it subverted is with the beast and creation trio. Especially when the shiny can only be obtained via event

I've hated it that, until Wi-Fi, event Pokemon couldn't be gotten outside of a few countries. My young self never got the dream of owning a Mew or Deoxys

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Oh that drives me nuts that these special shiny events are exclusive to Japan or not worldwide 4 times out of 5. The only time I've seen it subverted is with the beast and creation trio. Especially when the shiny can only be obtained via event

I've hated it that, until Wi-Fi, event Pokemon couldn't be gotten outside of a few countries. My young self never got the dream of owning a Mew or Deoxys

Yveltal and Xerneas were also originally Japan only. I'm more annoyed that Japan keeps getting Jirachi events while we get left out with the exception of last year's worldwide event. I also would love to have the Shiny Magikarp that knows Hydro Pump because you could really mess with someone's head online as they would only expect the thing to be able to do nothing.

Cat's Eye Draco

Probably to give the typing itself a little more variety. Looking on Bulbapedia there were only fourteen partial Normal types prior to Gen VII who didn't have Flying as their primary/secondary type. (Sixteen if you count Lopunny and Audino's Mega Evolutions.)

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Probably to give the typing itself a little more variety. Looking on Bulbapedia there were only fourteen partial Normal types prior to Gen VII who didn't have Flying as their primary/secondary type. (Sixteen if you count Lopunny and Audino's Mega Evolutions.)

Normal/Psychic is also a useful type combination, since it nullifies the Ghost type weakness Psychics have

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That you only get Hydreigon at Level 64. That is way too long to wait for even a psuedo-legendary. That's the kind of thing only justifiable with a 680 BST legendary evolution, and only if the pre-evolution is a decent Pokemon to begin with