• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
That's why I run Z-Happy Hour on mine. It gives Lycanroc that extra speed, power, and bulk it desperately wants. I haven't tried the Battle Tree in Ultra Sun yet, but in Sun I didn't really see any difference between regular battles and the super battles, only super battles give more BP and you can streak beyond 20 battles. In terms of actual difficulty I don't think they're different at all.

Unfortunately mine is bred so Happy Hour is out of the question. The Battle Tree is pretty much the same except in the non-Super streaks your Pokémon are no longer scaled to 50 and you can use banned Pokemon like Necrozma and Mewtwo.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
LOL its been a while but yes, i miss those HMs alot. im used to having a Flygon/Talonflame for flying and i keep going the wrong place in gen7.......
This. I seriously hope they bring them back in the next set of games.

Luthor

I will always be frustrated when new movepools come out and some Pokemon still doesn't have a reliable stab attack for one of their types. For example, would it really be that bad to give Unfezent brave bird or drill peck?

Orphalesion

Why the hell is Lysandre's name pronounced "lie-SAN-der"?

The name is in its French variation; it should be "lee-ZAWN-druh." Even in Greek, the name's original language, it is pronounced "lee-SAHN-dro". Whose dumb idea was it to change it and make it sound so dumb?

Because us English barbarians usually pronounce the "re" at the end of words as "er". The only example that comes to my mind right now is Lancre in Terry Pratchett's Disc World novels, like Lysandre, it's always pronounced "Lanker" in adaptions.
Theatre as well, pronounced theater (and written as such in American English)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It has always annoyed me that Pokemon that are a result of stone evolutions learn very few moves levelling up

P

polkiman777

It has always annoyed me that Pokemon that are a result of stone evolutions learn very few moves levelling up

I've always found that to be an interesting concept. People are always rushing to get to the next stage of life, thinking, 'Things will be better once I've finished school.' Or, 'I can't wait until I've got my own house.' But, they can miss out on the experiences that life is providing for them where they are now. A Pokémon that has been evolved too early with a stone and not having good move coverage is like someone who wanted to be an adult and got their wish when they were 13, but realised later they missed out on invaluable time and now it's too late and there's no chance to go back and experience life as a teenager.

Luthor

The fact that Eternal Floette still hasn't been released. Its been part of multiple games data and yet still hasn't been released. It even seems to have a separate Pokedex entry.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Currently grinding my gears is how teaching signature moves to Dawn Wings or Dusk Mane upon fusion permanently deletes one of Necrozma's moves. Kyurem didn't have this problem, so why the heck should Necrozma?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact that Eternal Floette still hasn't been released. Its been part of multiple games data and yet still hasn't been released. It even seems to have a separate Pokedex entry.

They may not have found a good in-universe reason for it, since the lore is that the Eternal Floette is specifically AZ's Pokemon. Someone he finally got back after 3000 years of wandering the Earth. Him not having it and you having it instead...gives some unfortunate implications

Luthor

They may not have found a good in-universe reason for it, since the lore is that the Eternal Floette is specifically AZ's Pokemon. Someone he finally got back after 3000 years of wandering the Earth. Him not having it and you having it instead...gives some unfortunate implications

There are many parallel worlds in pokemon including one when Lysandre managed to kill many people, I don't think it'd be a problem. Especially considering a lot of event pokemon receive no explanations.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Dude, we can own God.

Owning Eternal Flower Floette is hardly an issue.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
And the Devil and the embodiments of the Sun and Moon. Oh and don't forget the physical embodiments of both time and space.

Speaking of which, I've never understood why we are allowed to own these pokemon in-universe.

I can get having non-canonical releases, but for us to actually be able to catch actual gods with tiny man-made devices, despite all the lore and cutscenes showing what these gods are capable of, just doesn't make sense. With that said, I'd like to make a list of pokemon that should not be catachable in-universe:

- F**KING ARCEUS
- Dialga
- Palkia
- Giratina (although catching the Pokémon equivalent of Satan is pretty funny)
- Kyogre
- Groudon
- Rayquaza (except in ORAS)
- Ho-Oh
- Celebi
- Hoopa
- Regigigas
- Xerneas
- Yveltal
- Solgaleo*
- Lunala*
- Necrozma
- Jirachi
- All four Tapus
- Spiritomb (though I love it so much)
- Darkrai
- Guzzlord
*They are likely to want to be with the player anyway.

You might be wondering, "Why not Lugia?" Well, I don't know. It just doesn't look like a pokemon that can't be caught.

Last edited:

DatsRight

That they bothered to alter the palette for Jynx for VC Pokemon G/S just to appease "p.c." gamers yet didn't use the opportunity to fix Sneasel's completely incorrect one, especially when Crystal did.

Speaking of which, where IS VC Pokemon Crystal?

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
It really grinds my gears that they could not have been bothered to move deleter from Mt. Lanakila to somewhere else. They could have moved them to the Tapu Village and I would have been perfectly okay with that but in the last Pokemon Center right before you take on the Pokemon League, I mean really? Come on, Game Freak!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You can only get one of each item per day in the Pokeathalon

Luthor

Ultra Megalopolis was an area I found really cool. I was a bit disappointed how little of it you could see.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It really grinds my gears that they could not have been bothered to move deleter from Mt. Lanakila to somewhere else. They could have moved them to the Tapu Village and I would have been perfectly okay with that but in the last Pokemon Center right before you take on the Pokemon League, I mean really? Come on, Game Freak!

I think you may be referring to the Move Relearner? The Move Deleter is in Hau'oli City.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
There’s same shady scheme’s occurring with Move Tutors. We got a pretty good round of Game Freaking this time with some key miss outs.

Stomping Tantrum Charizard tips the list. I see the logic; Earthquake is already used for the coverage and with Tough Claws it’s almost better for X. But here’s the rub, things that are immune to Flare Blitz or Outrage REALLY don’t like taking a boosting Tantrum backed by Tough Claws. Assuming they switch in, things like Heatran, Mega Diancie, Koko, etc. will get surely nuked after a whiff. It would allow constant spamming of Outrage (again), with almost no drawbacks.

The move is also missing from Barbaracle, which is a real shame. Between Kingler and Barb, I’d say Barb’s more apt to stomp on something or throw a fit. It does get the Laser Eye + Sniper combo.

Ariados did not receive said combo, nor did Drapion. I don’t know what Game Freak’s problem is, but they seem bound and determined to ruin these two with a step back for every foot forward.

Lucario 3.0 doesn’t get Ice Punch. Again, a no wonder. It’s wicked fast and has an absurd sig move. Nearly unmatched coverage would make it as bad as Marshadow.