• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
I suppose it's to be excepted with the way RNG works, but the insane luck the cpu gets sometimes does make me pretty annoyed. Just recently I was on the battle before the gold symbol fight at the Battle Factory on Emerald. This was the furthest I'd come in years and was really hoping to finally claim my Gold Knowledge Symbol. However, the cpu got five quick claw activation's in a row plus two crits that killed me team and that dream :(

I've had similar things happen in other games as well: the CPU always seems to get a crit when they need it and when the confuse you your Pokemon of course hits itself every time. What also grinds my gears is people who ask for impossible things on the GTS. I would love to see this be banned, as it sucks when trying to get a simple mon for your dex and everything wanted for it is impossible without hacking.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Electric types are completely immune to Paralysis.
Yeah, they really need to change it

I hate how in Emerald the Battle Frontier only gives you one point per time there instead of a point for each battle. It makes getting those items you can buy there a pain

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I hate how in Emerald the Battle Frontier only gives you one point per time there instead of a point for each battle. It makes getting those items you can buy there a pain
Yeah it was a pain farming BP in Gens 3-5 as you had to go through 7 battles to get like 1-3 BP every time and it's good since Gen 6 that you can get the same amount of BP per battle. Also I believe the Battle Factory and the Battle Pike hand out more than 1 BP.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just give Keldeo Ice Beam, whats your PROB, Gamefreak? Why did every water type except Keldeo get that???
And seriously, the only Ice-type attack Keldeo learns other than HP Ice is Icy Wind and it only has 55 base power. And yeah, it definitely needs that Ice Beam for more Ice coverage damage on things like Latios although Icy Wind+Life Orb/Choice Specs can 2HKO.

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Yeah it was a pain farming BP in Gens 3-5 as you had to go through 7 battles to get like 1-3 BP every time and it's good since Gen 6 that you can get the same amount of BP per battle. Also I believe the Battle Factory and the Battle Pike hand out more than 1 BP.
Just wanted to add that the Battle Pyramid gives out some nice BP too, especially on higher floors. Slaking,Salamance, Starmie, Gengar and Heracross all got me through my silver and gold battles as well as every possible floor, Slaking especially is OP with the 1 v 1 battles. Intimidate is also great for the wild encounter rate there :)

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Spritzee evolving into Aromatisse.

Growing up, I had some sort of obsession with the history of the plague and things associated with it. I guess plague doctors are cool or something. Naturally, when I saw Spritzee a thought “wow, a plague doctor Pokémon!” and was really excited to see what they would do with its evolution. Maybe some dark fairy that really embraces the plague doctor theme... but instead we got a pure fairy dancer thing that makes me feel comfortable to look at, and it just ends up as another shoehorned fairy of XY that I dislike. What a waste!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Dragon type moves in Gen 1-3 were special oriented, despite the heavy hitter dragons of Dragonite and Salamence being physical oriented

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It annoys me that in Gold, Silver and Crystal, your Trainer Card doesn't display your Kanto badges so it is harder to keep track of the Kanto badges you have earned after beating the game amd it would've been more convenient if they were displayed on your Trainer Card.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I’m playing Black again and it seems like everytime I battle a Watchhog, it always lands hypnosis and puts my Pokemon to sleep. I don’t think it has missed once. But whenever I try with hypnosis, it misses like 90% of the time. It’s so annoying.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I’m playing Black again and it seems like everytime I battle a Watchhog, it always lands hypnosis and puts my Pokemon to sleep. I don’t think it has missed once. But whenever I try with hypnosis, it misses like 90% of the time. It’s so annoying.
Can relate. The RNG in the older games isn't in the players favor. Wild Pokemon and those trainers you face end up having far more luck.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That is true. I found that training against Audino who use Secret Power can be extrmemly frustrating since most of the time, they put my Pokemon to sleep.
Yea that can be very annoying. Nothing like running into things like that while training.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It annoys me that the Ghost-type was a physical type in Gens 1-3 and as of Gen 2 every fully evolved Ghost-type Pokémon had higher Special Attack than Attack and as Gengar and Misdreavus had base 60 Attack, they essentially had physical STAB. At least in Gen 3, Banette and Dusclops had higher Attack and the physical-special split in Gen 4 made it better.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Hidden Power frustrates me. Initially the damage it did was random. There's also the fact that you have to either find someone or make an educated guess work to know what it is. And it isn't all that impressive even with the update. Finally, this is the only move Unown is saddled with, and I like the concept of Unown. Unown also grinds my gears for learning literally one move, being weak and unable to evolve

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Hidden Power frustrates me. Initially the damage it did was random. There's also the fact that you have to either find someone or make an educated guess work to know what it is. And it isn't all that impressive even with the update. Finally, this is the only move Unown is saddled with, and I like the concept of Unown. Unown also grinds my gears for learning literally one move, being weak and unable to evolve
Yea that kind of sucks. Found a bit of use for one I've caught. Unown-F seems to be good against Poison and Rock/Ground so far.

Kirby Dragons

When a Team Rocket scheme fails due to plot convenience. Or when they blast off, and just happen to drop the item they stole.

It also annoys me whenever someone catches a new Pokemon, and then they send out all the other Pokemon just to meet the new one. That's incredibly gimmicky. Just let the Pokemon casually notice the new one.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I sort of wish they had changed the formula for Hidden Power to allow Fairy to be a possibility so that Protean users can use a Fairy Type Attack with STAB.
Yeah it has always annoyed me there was no Fairy Hidden Power ever since X and Y were released. Maybe there could be a tag that allows Hidden Power to become Fairy-type that has a chance to be marked so the Pokémon could use Hidden Power Fairy.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
They never changed the whole "Nidorino and Nidoqueen can't breed" glitch in Gen 3 or beyond. It's not a matter of compatibility since Gen 2 and 3 are already completely incompatible