• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
They never changed the whole "Nidorino and Nidoqueen can't breed" glitch in Gen 3 or beyond. It's not a matter of compatibility since Gen 2 and 3 are already completely incompatible
You meant Nidorina, not Nidorino. But I do agree this is really odd since Nidorina and Nidoqueen's Dex entries state they care for their offspring.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The fact that in Gen 2 games, some wild Pokémon other than roaming Pokémon can flee battle, especially Dratini and Delibird.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact that in Gen 2 games, some wild Pokémon other than roaming Pokémon can flee battle, especially Dratini and Delibird.
WHAT?! Why would you ever do that? Roaming Pokemon are a pain as it is

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
WHAT?! Why would you ever do that? Roaming Pokemon are a pain as it is
Yeah roaming Pokémon are just as bad but it's just that it's just that there are non-Legendary Pokémon in GSC that have a chance to flee battle right before they use their moves.

It annoyed me in Gen 1 that Charizard couldn't learn Fly even though it should be able to carry a full-grown human and it has wings.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Charizard could learn Fly in Yellow
Yeah but by then it would be too late in my opinion. It would've been better if Charizard was able to learn Fly in Red and Blue. But then there's Dragonite who can't learn Fly in all Generation 1 games.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
It grinds my gears that we have only 31 boxes! Half of them are used to store my battle-mons, legendaries, breedables and still-in-training babies. The other half is filling up too quickly considering I haven't even nearly caught 'em all.

Mega Altaria said:
I found this more fun than annoying. Made the older games more interesting at least.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Ralts line being in the Amorphous Egg group is both confusing and grinds my gears. Its confusing because they're one of the most humanoid Pokemon. And grinds my gears because common sense tells me they'd breed with other Humanshape Pokemon like Alakazam, but I get nothing

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It grinds my gears that we have only 31 boxes! Half of them are used to store my battle-mons, legendaries, breedables and still-in-training babies. The other half is filling up too quickly considering I haven't even nearly caught 'em all.
That was annoying in Sun and Moon especially when my boxes were filling up thanks to Poké Pelago. And moving Pokémon between boxes and with your party in Gens 1 and 2 was really annoying because of the interface and you can't just switch places between Pokémon in the box and in your party. Instead Pokémon would then have to be deposited into the PC then the desired Pokémon from the PC is then withdrawn. And it was impossible to directly transfer Pokémon between boxes.

Last edited:

Kage-Pikachu

I guess my complaint would be that there was never a Pokemon Stadium 3 or Pokemon Coliseum 3. I have Battle Revolution but it doesn't compare to having an entire roster of rental Pokemon from each current generation readily available (even if the movepools for the stronger Pokemon suck, lol, my goal has been to get all Pokemon from gen 1 to 2 at level 55 with good movesets and save them in my Pokemon Stadium boxes. It's hard since it means leveling up 251 different Pokemon...(still can't get the glitch right to get Celebi).

Hopefully this Swicth game has a rental Stadium like mode as a mutiplayer feature.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I guess my complaint would be that there was never a Pokemon Stadium 3 or Pokemon Coliseum 3. I have Battle Revolution but it doesn't compare to having an entire roster of rental Pokemon from each current generation readily available (even if the movepools for the stronger Pokemon suck, lol, my goal has been to get all Pokemon from gen 1 to 2 at level 55 with good movesets and save them in my Pokemon Stadium boxes. It's hard since it means leveling up 251 different Pokemon...(still can't get the glitch right to get Celebi).

Hopefully this Swicth game has a rental Stadium like mode as a mutiplayer feature.
Yea it's sad that it never happened. Battle Revolution is ok, but it's nowhere near as fun as Colosseum. My only real complaint about that game is that it takes forever to train up a good team.

That would be neat.

Kage-Pikachu

Yeah it really does, lol, and I'm still working on getting all 251 Pokemon with GOOD movesets for Stadium and Stadium 2.

Thanks, hopefully Game Freak looks at these forums, lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That prior to Gen 5, there was no Team Preview before a Link Battle/online battle. That meant that you didn't get to see your opponent's team beforehand and you would often have to scout out your opponent's Pokémon a lot and you also started the battle without knowing your opponent's team. And you didn't get to select your lead as your lead was simply the first Pokémon you had in your party. No wonder why there were a lot of Azelfs in Gen 4 online battles.

Kage-Pikachu

I'm irritated that rage quitters are still rampart in 2018... At least replace them with a bot if they call it quits when you've invested so much into the match.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The fact that there's nothing like Global Link :'(
Yeah it annoys me how bare-bones the Gen 7 Global Link is. Without something like the minigames and the Poké Milage Shop from Gen 6 and Pokémon Dream World from Gen 5, there isn't really too much value for Gen 7 Global link other than to get double FC from Global Missions, getting Mega Stones early as Online Competition prizes in Sun and Moon (in which all of its events have ended by now unfortunately) and to keep track of your GTS trades.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yeah it has always annoyed me there was no Fairy Hidden Power ever since X and Y were released. Maybe there could be a tag that allows Hidden Power to become Fairy-type that has a chance to be marked so the Pokémon could use Hidden Power Fairy.
Could it have something to do with being difficult to program?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Could it have something to do with being difficult to program?
Most likely so because I believe it was hard for them to make the Hidden Power determination mechanics without the Fairy-type compatible with the Hidden Power determination mechanics with the Fairy-type included.

The monster houses in Mystery Dungeon were really annoying especially when the player Pokémon and their expedition partners are surrounded by a lot of wild Pokémon and because of that, it is hard to escape from.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Beldum is a living nightmare to catch. It only has one move, that being a recoil-damaging move. This makes it impossible to False Swipe it. This is contentious enough, but the entire evolutionary line, flailing disembodied foot included, has a catch rate of 3. Aka the catch rate of most legendaries, or the hardest catch rate in the game. You have to hope and pray you're able to catch it in the few turns between being feasibly weak enough to have even a shake and when it knocks itself out. And don't even get me started if you want a shiny one without chucking a Master Ball