• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
What about them? I meant having an Ability that will automatically set up Trick Room.

They're among the best Trick Room setters of this generation, although Bruxish, Stakataka, and Comfey are also quite good for their own reasons. An ability that'd set it up would be interesting, although I think it could be overpowered. Trick Room is one of the strongest moves in the game, it's negative priority for a reason and there are no items to extend it (unlike terrains or weather). Maybe it'd work if Dialga got such an ability, it'd fit it quite well and it's among the slowest of legendaries, and Dialga currently isn't really top tier among legendaries anyway. The thing about rooms, unlike weather or terrains, is that you can't overwrite them with a different effect, and Trick Room is powerful largely because of the way pokémon are balanced. Faster offensive pokémon are generally very frail (see Greninja, Tapu Koko, Raichu, Pheromosa, Alakazam, Lucario, Gengar, etc.) while slower offensive pokémon tend to have a lot more bulk to compensate for their lack of speed (see Snorlax, Wishiwashi, Incineroar, Mega Ampharos, Alolan Muk, Alolan Marowak, and so on), and pokémon used in Trick Room tend not to invest any EVs into speed either so they can also invest a lot more EVs into bulk. This means that not only do they get the speed advantage in Trick Room, they also have a significant bulk advantage. Trick Room is currently balanced out by being negative priority and it can be stopped in several ways like Taunt, Fake Out, or by nuking the Trick Room setter before it manages to set up, all methods that wouldn't work if it was an ability to set it up instead of a move. A Trick Room that manages to go up and is played well is incredibly difficult to stop for faster teams. Last year I played Trick Room under VGC 2017 rules in the online competition of April and reached the top 10% of participants with it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How the D-Pad cannot be used anymore to move the player character around in the Gen 7 games. I remember always using the D-Pad for a long time especially before the 3DS was released and even during Gen 6 I still used the D-Pad to move the player character around. I would probably be fine if the reason for it is to increase the number of possibilities of overworld design especially considering how blocky previous overworld designs were.

Kage-Pikachu

They're among the best Trick Room setters of this generation, although Bruxish, Stakataka, and Comfey are also quite good for their own reasons. An ability that'd set it up would be interesting, although I think it could be overpowered. Trick Room is one of the strongest moves in the game, it's negative priority for a reason and there are no items to extend it (unlike terrains or weather). Maybe it'd work if Dialga got such an ability, it'd fit it quite well and it's among the slowest of legendaries, and Dialga currently isn't really top tier among legendaries anyway. The thing about rooms, unlike weather or terrains, is that you can't overwrite them with a different effect, and Trick Room is powerful largely because of the way pokémon are balanced. Faster offensive pokémon are generally very frail (see Greninja, Tapu Koko, Raichu, Pheromosa, Alakazam, Lucario, Gengar, etc.) while slower offensive pokémon tend to have a lot more bulk to compensate for their lack of speed (see Snorlax, Wishiwashi, Incineroar, Mega Ampharos, Alolan Muk, Alolan Marowak, and so on), and pokémon used in Trick Room tend not to invest any EVs into speed either so they can also invest a lot more EVs into bulk. This means that not only do they get the speed advantage in Trick Room, they also have a significant bulk advantage. Trick Room is currently balanced out by being negative priority and it can be stopped in several ways like Taunt, Fake Out, or by nuking the Trick Room setter before it manages to set up, all methods that wouldn't work if it was an ability to set it up instead of a move. A Trick Room that manages to go up and is played well is incredibly difficult to stop for faster teams. Last year I played Trick Room under VGC 2017 rules in the online competition of April and reached the top 10% of participants with it.

What you said is very true, I mentioned giving it terrible stats would be a good way to balance out such a Pokemon since it wouldn't be a good Trick Room user but will at least be able to set it up before dying and maybe launch one attack or status effect. I know there are plenty of good Trick Room users but I just found it annoying to have to waste a slot when so many slow Pokemon were introduced.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I know there are plenty of good Trick Room users but I just found it annoying to have to waste a slot when so many slow Pokemon were introduced.
Yeah I find it especially annoying to set up in Single Battles because one turn is wasted just to set it up and if it is for use of another Pokémon to take advantage of in the Singles format then another turn is wasted just for switching and it uses up almost half of the turns of the effect of Trick Room.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I wish Riolu could learn charm. It's a really cute pokemon IMO.

Too bad that move would not suit a lucario xD

I'm glad they can still use attract. Maybe one day i'll have a Lucario with that move somewhere :p

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
May barely catching any actual Hoenn Pokemon in the AG anime. Swablu would've been a good fit for her. Instead, they shove an Eevee, two Kanto starters, and a Munchlax on her team.

I have always found it annoying that mallow and Lana get no love or attention from the writers in Alola, I get that Lilly is important because reasons and I like that. But I think that the other girls should get some like light as well.

On episode 56 btw. So I’m a bit behind.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Programming Eternal Floette into the games with its very own stats, signature move, and Dex entries yet refusing to release it as an event. We know it exists even without hacking. It was present in the ending of XY and Light of Ruin is a possible outcome of Metronome so you can’t say it was never meant to be a part of the games.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It annoys me that Eternal Flower Floette was never released especially when she was important to the XY story.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It annoys me that Eternal Flower Floette was never released especially when she was important to the XY story.
It was literally a waste of time and effort for the programmers to even create it. Missingno I understand was a glitch nnot meant to be in the original games but Eternal Floette was clearly meant to be an event at some point. Every other thing discovered by hacking XY and ORAS got released but not Floette. Why? Just why?

Luthor

I wish Riolu could learn charm. It's a really cute pokemon IMO.

Too bad that move would not suit a lucario xD

I'm glad they can still use attract. Maybe one day i'll have a Lucario with that move somewhere :p

If Tyrantrum can use the move, Riolu could potentially get it.

Yeah, it got it even got its own dex entry in USUM. The could have used that space for Cosplay Pikachu instead of having it go to waste.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah, it got it even got its own dex entry in USUM. The could have used that space for Cosplay Pikachu instead of having it go to waste.
Well it kinda annoys me why Cosplay Pikachu wasn't in Gen 7 at all. I get she was meant for Contests in ORAS and GF wanted to focus more on the Ash Cap Pikachu in Gen 7 but it's all just Spiky-Eared Pichu shenanigans again.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It was literally a waste of time and effort for the programmers to even create it. Missingno I understand was a glitch nnot meant to be in the original games but Eternal Floette was clearly meant to be an event at some point. Every other thing discovered by hacking XY and ORAS got released but not Floette. Why? Just why?
And, they also took the time to create a completely original move for it (Light of Ruin) that is currently inaccessible outside of Metronome.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In the Gen 7 games, when it only requires 50 Pokémon to be caught, which isn't that much after all but the other requirement for getting the Lucky Egg is reaching the postgame.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Programming Eternal Floette into the games with its very own stats, signature move, and Dex entries yet refusing to release it as an event. We know it exists even without hacking. It was present in the ending of XY and Light of Ruin is a possible outcome of Metronome so you can’t say it was never meant to be a part of the games.

For the longest time, I honestly believed they just forgot about it. Until of course they left it in Sun and Moon
LUL.png

They might have just figured narratively it wouldn't make any sense and just never released it. The fact that it's still in Sun and Moon at all is questioning.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
A popular theory "back in the day" about Floette was that she was never meant to be a distributed Pokémon, but rather apart of a rematch with AZ in which he would use her.

Obviously it never happened and Floette got buried away in the coding never intended to be seen again.

The reason it's still in Sun and Moon and Ultra is likely due to the move Light of Ruin. Gamefreak has never really removed a move entirely and they probably didn't want the move just exist with no compatible Pokémon to use it and just brought back Floette.

It's also entirely possible that Floette is ultimately just leftover data that never properly got scrubbed.

The added Pokedex entry was probably just for consistency sake. Honestly I'm not even all that bummed over Floette because AZ's Floette wouldn't have been a good Pokémon, because it's (while unique for it) aren't anything special, Sylveon, M-Diancie, (eventually Tapu-Lele and Magernea) were ultimately just more reliable specially orientated attackers.

Eternal Flower Floette is really just a tragic tale of endless theories and what could have been.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A popular theory "back in the day" about Floette was that she was never meant to be a distributed Pokémon, but rather apart of a rematch with AZ in which he would use her.
It's also possible that Game Freak thought that having Eternal Flower Floette use Light of Ruin in the AZ battle after the player receives the Honor of Kalos was considered to be too powerful considering Light of Ruin had 140 base power and his Pokémon were around Lv 60. But at least I'd rather see him use Eternal Flower Floette and Light of Ruin to showcase both its exclusive move and the special nature of that particular Floette.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's also possible that Game Freak thought that having Eternal Flower Floette use Light of Ruin in the AZ battle after the player receives the Honor of Kalos was considered to be too powerful considering Light of Ruin had 140 base power and his Pokémon were around Lv 60.

That makes no sense. Base 140 attacks have never been an issue for any endgame battles. And Light of Ruin's recoil is half of whatever you deal to your opponent, so it wouldn't be hard to beat.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That makes no sense. Base 140 attacks have never been an issue for any endgame battles. And Light of Ruin's recoil is half of whatever you deal to your opponent, so it wouldn't be hard to beat.
This is true. Self Destruct causes massive damage when it hits and same for Explosion and you can find both on Wild Graveler in every game it can be caught in. And some of the Z-Moves used by NPC cause even more destruction so there’s that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This is true. Self Destruct causes massive damage when it hits and same for Explosion and you can find both on Wild Graveler in every game it can be caught in. And some of the Z-Moves used by NPC cause even more destruction so there’s that.
As I can recall, there are also Koffing in RBY that use Self-Destruct and it makes the battle a lot easier because the Koffing KO themselves even though your Pokémon won't necessarily faint despite Self-Destruct doing damage as if your Pokémon's Defense is halved.