• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Trying to get Guzzlord in USUM is an utter nightmare and nobody can tell me otherwise

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
People complaining about the rumors of Pokemon for switch might be set in Kanto and not having gen 4 remakes. Peeps relax until we confirmation on anything jet chill for a bit Ok!

They're mostly upset about it not being generation 8, not gen 4 remakes.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Exploring the Abyssal Ruins other than the Dive aspect because of the step limit of 500 steps in the ruins, making it impossible to get all items in one trip like the Kanto Safari Zone and limiting efficient exploration.

Kage-Pikachu

Yellow version not being remade for Gameboy Advance. That really irritated me when I first learned of Fire Red and Leaf Green. Also, Emerald not being remade for 3ds, I'm sure many of us would have preferred facing off against Team Magma and Team Aqua in one game instead of two...

Kalos being shorted overall really grinds my gears since Zygarde got the short end of the stick more than any other Mascot counterpart...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m annoyed with how hard it was to even get a Feebas without trading with someone who had one pre ORAS. I only found its random location once inn the GBA games and once in Platinum. What else annoyed me was how pre ORAS it could get full from eating Pokeblocks and Poffiins before the Beauty stat was maxed out.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
FEEBASSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I NEVER found it in all of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald... NEVER! I didn't get one til X and Y, lol. I feel pathetic.
And yet it still annoyed me that Feebas became a trade evolution in Black and White because Contests got removed.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
FEEBASSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I NEVER found it in all of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald... NEVER! I didn't get one til X and Y, lol. I feel pathetic.
And yet they made it WORSE in the Gen IV games. Not only does the location change per day, but there's now a limit on how much you can feed it. You better hope and pray that it's of a beauty-favoring nature

Sulfurian

Fans that no longer care about game quality and just demands new games. Despite multiple generations and hundreds of pokemon they'd rather add fuel to the fire to GF's greed. No end game content is fine if we have mini games to replace them. Or just expect no end game at all, and let the games collect dust after the main story.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I remember trying to max out stats but my Pokemon refusing to eat more... so frustrating, it made me give up completely on Pokemon Contests.
I remember there was no limit in ORAS so you could just feed your Pokémon as many Pokéblocks as you want without having your Pokémon refuse to eat more Pokéblocks and that was probably why I was more committed to Contests in ORAS than RSE as well as the extra requirement that the player had to beat Lisia to get the Lucarionite. But I wished that the requirements for getting the Garchompite and the Lucarionite were swapped in ORAS because it was way easier to capture 1000 flags for the Platinum Rank and I also personally found that Mega Lucario is better in competitive than Mega Garchomp.

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
I'm currently playing red fire. I'm actually enjoying it, but oh man these remakes have huge flaws. They really shouldn't have cut off gen 2 and 3 pokemon to post game. Also the gym leaders have awful teams. Koga's team is pathetic.

landipan

When a Pokemon's shiny is basically the same as it's usual coloration.

Also: When they make a current Gen's Pokemon only available AFTER the main game. I recently re-played Silver and was once again annoyed I couldn't get Houndour or Sneasel until after the main part of the game in Johto.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Also: When they make a current Gen's Pokemon only available AFTER the main game. I recently re-played Silver and was once again annoyed I couldn't get Houndour or Sneasel until after the main part of the game in Johto.

I have the same beef. I was playing through Soul Silver again and wanted to use a Houndoom, but remembered that GTS is dead and had to wait till the post game.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
When a Pokemon's shiny is basically the same as it's usual coloration.
Yeah I don't particularly find it too interesting for a shiny Pokémon to have its shiny colour too similar to its normal counterpart. Also it doesn't feel as rewarding.

Kage-Pikachu

I just finished replaying it but can't find enough motivation to actually do the sevi islands, lol. It's just so slow moving, I had more fun replaying Crystal honestly.