• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
All this damn Kanto pandering/focus
There's six other generations and Pokemon that could use some attention damn it. Only Kanto Pokemon get Alola forms, Kanto starters forced into early Kalos causing the Kalos starters to compete against them, only Kanto starters got Megas until ORAS.... **** Kanto man.

Oh yeah, and AZ Floette when?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
All this damn Kanto pandering/focus
There's six other generations and Pokemon that could use some attention damn it. Only Kanto Pokemon get Alola forms, Kanto starters forced into early Kalos causing the Kalos starters to compete against them, only Kanto starters got Megas until ORAS.... **** Kanto man.
Well there was Blaziken before the others too.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You know what grinds my gears? The a**hole that decided "Hey, let's NOT put a shark in Red and Green." Jerk.

We could've gotten a full on shark!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just finished replaying it but can't find enough motivation to actually do the sevi islands, lol. It's just so slow moving, I had more fun replaying Crystal honestly.
Well getting another 8 badges compared to several mini side quests is definitely a lot more of a chunkful.

It annoys me that in GSC and HGSS, the player couldn't Fly directly from Johto to Kanto vice versa and it was worser in GSC because the player couldn't fly to the Indigo Plateau from Johto and it would be a bore to get to Kanto via New Bark Town and Routes 27 and 28 and the fastest way was via the Magnet Train. But at least in HGSS the player could Fly from Johto to Kanto vice versa by using the Indigo Plateau as a transit area.

Kage-Pikachu

Well getting another 8 badges compared to several mini side quests is definitely a lot more of a chunkful.

It annoys me that in GSC and HGSS, the player couldn't Fly directly from Johto to Kanto vice versa and it was worser in GSC because the player couldn't fly to the Indigo Plateau from Johto and it would be a bore to get to Kanto via New Bark Town and Routes 27 and 28 and the fastest way was via the Magnet Train. But at least in HGSS the player could Fly from Johto to Kanto vice versa by using the Indigo Plateau as a transit area.

True, I keep having to surf to the right of New Bark Town.

I just found exploring Kanto more interesting than the Sevii Islands, especially since they're so HM heavy...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just found exploring Kanto more interesting than the Sevii Islands, especially since they're so HM heavy...
True considering the player can travel across the Sevii Islands by ship. I kinda wish Game Freak did more with the Rocket Warehouse so that it feels less like a hideout (but in some way it has to be so that Team Rocket can hide their location to outsiders for a while) and more like the new headquarters of Team Rocket possibly by having more Team Rocket grunts in it and making it a more complex building.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
When you are trying to catch a Pokemon who's only available in the wild while known a self-destructive move. Looking at you Alolan Geodude/Graveler

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Whenever a wild Pokémon I would like to catch KOes itself using a recoil move like Take Down and Double Edge, especially when I have brought it down to 1 HP using False Swipe.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Freeze is such an unfair status condition. Unlike the others it doesn’t have a set number of turns meaning you can be stuck frozen for the entire battle, and you can’t do anything while your frozen either. The worst part is that you only have a 20% chance to thaw. If you have my luck that might as well be 0%.

Kage-Pikachu

Freeze is such an unfair status condition. Unlike the others it doesn’t have a set number of turns meaning you can be stuck frozen for the entire battle, and you can’t do anything while your frozen either. The worst part is that you only have a 20% chance to thaw. If you have my luck that might as well be 0%.
Unless of course it's your opponent's turn and then they unfreeze turn 1!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It annoys me how the player can begin accessing the Ice Rock late into the game, requiring 6 badges in the games Glaceon is in other than DP, HGSS and the Gen 5 games, and having to clear all the trials in the Gen 7 games, so in the way that the player gets stuck with an Eevee for a while until reaching that point the player evolves Eevee into Glaceon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
When you get both Blacephalon, you are immediately forced to Rainbow Rocket and aren't allowed to save before following Sophocles

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
When you get both Blacephalon, you are immediately forced to Rainbow Rocket and aren't allowed to save before following Sophocles
But you can still save while you're at home after you get sent home after catching the two Blacephalon. But it's still annoying you can't access their summaries in the interim and you can only access the summary of the last one by checking its summary right after catching it. And the fact you're stuck in Festival Plaza in the first part of the Rainbow Rocket episode while being unable to save is also definitely annoying.

Luthor

The ending to sun and moon. It was so long and there was no-where to save or change team prior to the battle with Tapu Koko which meant my team was set up for the elite 4 not catching. It just dragged.

Kage-Pikachu

I agree, it would have been nice to save during the cutscene! It was the same as the Delta Episode where you had to pray that both Rayquaza and Deoxys had good natures...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I agree, it would have been nice to save during the cutscene! It was the same as the Delta Episode where you had to pray that both Rayquaza and Deoxys had good natures...
Yeah, I kinda wish that we got to save right after the credits so that we don't have to go through the entire credits before catching Tapu Koko again. But it still annoyed me that the player couldn't save right after catching Rayquaza in ORAS before catching Deoxys.

Kage-Pikachu

Pokemon Stadium erasing my games' save files!!! I'm trying to get all 251 Pokemon in Stadium 2 with good movesets so this sets me back!

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Whenever a wild Pokémon I would like to catch KOes itself using a recoil move like Take Down and Double Edge, especially when I have brought it down to 1 HP using False Swipe.
Decidueye is your best friend for dealing with wild Pokemon with Take Down/Double Edge. Sadly that counts for naught if the recoil move is not Normal-type....which is sadly the case with two of the regular Pokemon in the cliff version of the Ultra Space Wilds.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Decidueye is your best friend for dealing with wild Pokemon with Take Down/Double Edge. Sadly that counts for naught if the recoil move is not Normal-type....which is sadly the case with two of the regular Pokemon in the cliff version of the Ultra Space Wilds.
Well there could be Brave Bird but it isn't too much of a worry because wild Pokémon very rarely have it as a move. It's also quite good against wild Pain Split Pokémon, especially the Bewear outside the Battle Tree that use it quite often and it's often an annoying move to face in the wild because my Pokémon would have way more HP than Bewear to begin with.

TooSmartForLysandre

Avenger of Kalos
I replay Pokemon Y most days (sometimes I replay Pokemon X too but I don't like X really) and I just get angry at all the things Team Flare have done! I wish maybe Nintendo had not made them do so many bad things in that game because it makes me angry when I play the game and see those things!