• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The removal of the footprint in the Dex, because it wasn't really necessary.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The removal of the footprint in the Dex, because it wasn't really necessary.
I would have definitely wanted footprints to remain in X and Y but I guess it got removed because Game Freak thought they will have to make footprints for too many Pokémon.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
One thing that's really grinding my gears lately is how in BW every wild Pokemon knows Doubleslap. And whenever it hits my Pokemon it's usually 4 to 5 times. Let's just say I'm tired of using potions to constantly heal them.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The trash cans in the Vermillion Gym. It always took a while to find the two buttons to unlock the gates to Lt Surge in which the second one is right next to the first one but once the locks reset it's really annoying to go through 15 trash cans all over again.
Oh heck yes. I've hated that gym since back in the day and still do! It's very annoying. And it takes forever to find the right ones.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh heck yes. I've hated that gym since back in the day and still do! It's very annoying. And it takes forever to find the right ones.
Very much agree here. Facing Lt Surge was annoying afterwards especially with the Thunder Waves and that he has Raichu on his team fairly early.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Very much agree here. Facing Lt Surge was annoying afterwards especially with the Thunder Waves and that he has Raichu on his team fairly early.
Yea it was. I made sure to get some Digletts and a Dugtrio to take him on before hand in Red this time. Big thanks to my Mew for helping me out there. Thanks to them, I was able to take him out easier.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea it was. I made sure to get some Digletts and a Dugtrio to take him on before hand in Red this time. Big thanks to my Mew for helping me out there. Thanks to them, I was able to take him out easier.
Dugtrio is quite fast so it will definitely have an advantage over Raichu as well as being a Ground-type, which makes it immune to Thunder Wave.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Dugtrio is quite fast so it will definitely have an advantage over Raichu as well as being a Ground-type, which makes it immune to Thunder Wave.
Yep. Love them so much. The one I caught was around the upper 20's. Was very lucky that it even let me catch it. It's one good add. Still got to get further into the game though. Real life grinds my gears in terms of not being able to train up my Pokemon as much now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. Love them so much. The one I caught was around the upper 20's. Was very lucky that it even let me catch it. It's one good add. Still got to get further into the game though. Real life grinds my gears in terms of not being able to train up my Pokemon as much now.
Oh. That isn't too fortunate.

Catching low-levelled Pokémon in RBY was annoying because False Swipe didn't exist back then.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. That isn't too fortunate.

Catching low-levelled Pokémon in RBY was annoying because False Swipe didn't exist back then.
Yea. But I try my best. Generally more so at night and on weekends.

Agreed. Especially Abras! Those things could be a real pain to catch.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea. But I try my best. Generally more so at night and on weekends.

Agreed. Especially Abras! Those things could be a real pain to catch.
Especially with the Teleport. It's capture rate is good enough to let it get caught in a Poké Ball at full health but it will definitely be better with sleep.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Beldum line's catch rate of 3 is absurdly frustrating, particuarly when you combine it with only having recoil as a move in its first stage. There are legendaries easier to capture

AuroraBeam

I'm playing through Colosseum & XD and I'm disappointed that the Phenac/Pyrite Collosseums semifinal music is better fitting then the final match's music.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gen VII's hating on Mega Evolution, given the Pokedex describes these as painful or otherwise unpleasent transformations. It's a see-through means of discouraging a useful transformation, much like limiting it to the post-game. And it gives unsettling implications that each generation they're going to introduce something new and more or less trash the previous. Mega Evolution itself made me worry they were going to virtually dispose of evolving old Pokemon

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The Power items in Sun and Moon being limited to purchases at the Battle Royal Dome, which means you're forced to spend BP just to EV train Pokémon efficiently in game. At least their costs aren't as high as 48 BP each and 16 BP each is a lot more relieving.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Whoever decided to give the Battle Tree Scarf-Aerodactyl more than Rock Slide deserves to get fired. That thing just cost me my last streak which would never have happened if it only had Rock Slide.

And the idiot who took Gengar’s Levitate away deserves fired as well. You contributed to the above loss by ruining Gengar.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Having to bring HM moves into the Black Tower and the White Treehollow at some point. It already gets more difficult at that point and the combination of having HM moves and their hindrances makes it more harder to complete that challenge.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gengar at least makes sense not having Levitate considering it just walks, though I agree it was the lost of something valuable. Given how broken Mega Gengar was, regular Gengar getting Cursed Body may have been a misguided nerf to balance the Pokemon out

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Pokefinder level 5 is a terrible end reward, I have no idea how it works (according to others it basically doesn't work) and the 1.5 million grind is dumb.

But at least I have one stamp left to go. F****** Super Multi battle can go die. No idea how I'm doing this.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pokefinder level 5 is a terrible end reward, I have no idea how it works (according to others it basically doesn't work) and the 1.5 million grind is dumb.
Yeah, it doesn't have too much difference with Lv 4 Poké Finder to be honest. But the function is to get the Pokémon to get closer to you to get better photos but all of these extra points from there will be useless anyway.