• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
No Dark-type Gym. Dark is still waiting for its first Gym, yet Fairy gets one at its creation. Doesn't that seem a little unfair?

Luthor

The fact that Regice's shiny form used to be much easy to spot the difference from the regular form. Over time its become hard to distinguish but looking back in the past it was much easier.

Archedra

Fossil Pokemon Trainer
My main gripe is the lack of variety in Official Tournaments / Championships, at least in the past few years. I understand the meta favors the very best and most viable combinations, but it's still a bit sad. ( There are private tournaments that remedy this with unique rules, though. Thank goodness!)

Other than that (and this is a bit weird)... I don't like how quickly new main series games come out. I feel like I'm always too busy working on the previous installment when the new ones are announced or released. Maybe I'm just too slow or too busy to put enough time in, but I think even just one more year between games would be nice.

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
People getting upset over rivals being friendly.

I recently replayed Fire Red. Blue was never a jerk. He's just a brat. I feel like people mix him up with Gary Oak because he was a massive jerk to Ash. Or maybe to a child Blue might be viewed as the school yard bully who calls you names. But as a 28 year old. Like I said he comes off like a brat to me. If we're going to talk about jerk rivals that award goes to Silver. Seeing how he actually kicked you and looked down on you for loving your Pokemon.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I don't really hate anything about pokemon (cept maybe bad fans...but thankfully i don't meet many of them =3).

Pokemon seems like the ideal world to me. Its not all negative when they battle to get stronger, and there are a lot of really nice girly girls in the anime :)

And the evil teams always seem to have an understandable story behind them too.

And there's so many different characters for like every taste too^^

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Lack of post-game in the “modern” main series games. BW2 seems to be the last games with any significant amount of post-game content, in the 3DS games the only things to do after you clear post-game story stuff is a Battle Tower clone and things “standard” to most people (completing the Pokedex, breeding, shiny hunting and competitive battling). Only expectations were ORAS and USUM but the latter isn’t exactly perfect (you have to go out of your way to recruit high-ranking players to get the most out of the Battle Agency).

Last edited:

AuroraBeam

I can probably think of more later, but the ever increasing list of neat side features that get scrapped in the immediate next installment is a big one.

While this doesn't apply as much now with both the Internet and how often they're done now; but older events that I missed simply because I didn't live near the right places always annoyed me.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I can probably think of more later, but the ever increasing list of neat side features that get scrapped in the immediate next installment is a big one.

While this doesn't apply as much now with both the Internet and how often they're done now; but older events that I missed simply because I didn't live near the right places always annoyed me.
Word. That drives me nuts too. It sucks when perfectly good features get tossed, like more interactive treasure hunting (like in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum).

Definitely. Or when they happen during such a short time frame.

AuroraBeam

It doesn't really bother me so much as it just surprises me that it hasn't been done yet, but ever since the physical/special split in gen 4; a physical equivalent for Hidden Power doesn't exist yet. Before the split it was either special/physical depending on the type it was, but now Hidden Power is special regardless. Which is nice and more usable...for special attackers. I'd like a move that works exactly like hidden power, but is purely physical someday. It could be called "Hidden Strength" or something like that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Something about the Alola Photo Club that annoys me is that there are whenever you can't place the Pokémon too close to the Trainer. Seriously, some of the best shots I could have gotten could have been close-up shots where the Pokémon is quite close to its Trainer.

Luthor

The writing of Lillie in Ultrasun and Ultra moon. In USUM it never felt the same as sun and moon. In particular, removing her from the Exeggutor Island was bad.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The writing of Lillie in Ultrasun and Ultra moon. In USUM it never felt the same as sun and moon. In particular, removing her from the Exeggutor Island was bad.
I agree, they took out the Exeggutor innuendo

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It annoys me that female Pokémon with a gender ratio of 7 males to 1 female cannot be shiny in Gen 2 games. That means it's impossible to get a shiny female starter or even a shiny female Eevee in these games.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Them refusing to have Ash beat any non-filler league

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It annoys me that the Odd Egg shiny rate in the international versions of Pokémon Crystal is 14% instead of 50% in the Japanese version. But I get that due to the fact it's much easier to obtain it in the international versions because you don't need the GB Mobile Adapter and a mobile phone for that case, which was required to obtain the Odd Egg in the Japanese versions. And the Odd Egg in the international versions can just be obtained at the Day-Care at Route 34.

AuroraBeam

It annoys me that the Odd Egg shiny rate in the international versions of Pokémon Crystal is 14% instead of 50% in the Japanese version. But I get that due to the fact it's much easier to obtain it in the international versions because you don't need the GB Mobile Adapter and a mobile phone for that case, which was required to obtain the Odd Egg in the Japanese versions. And the Odd Egg in the international versions can just be obtained at the Day-Care at Route 34.

This is especially true if you want to exploit the clone glitch (it's much more precise timing to do correctly in Crystal than it is in G/S I've heard) to try & get all the shiny babies.

Another thing that grinds my gears is trying to catch koffing in Leafgreen. He only appears like 5% of the time in his areas in this version and he's at a high enough level to know self-destruct...

Cradily17

Masuda's reasoning for intentionally making the graphics bad and continuing to remove basic features like capturing wild Pokemon in LGPE. I don't fully trust the Pokemon Company when they say the 2019 games will be for more experienced fans, either. If LGPE sell very well, which they will, they will have an awful influence over future titles. I just hate the poor excuses in general and how cultists claim that anyone who brings up logical criticisms for LGPE is just complaining for the sake of complaining and being a "hater". People. Pokemon is a multi-billion dollar franchise. It doesn't need shills defending everything the Pokemon Company or GameFreak does.
>2018: We think catching is hard so we made it into chuck a ball and hope for the best.
>2019: We think battling gym leaders is hard so we made sure that all of the gym leaders' Pokemon HP is lowered to 1.
>2020: We think walking is difficult for the players, so we made it into auto pilot to the hall of fame so there wont be any difficulty issues.
>2021: We think leveling up is difficult so we made sure all starters are already at level 100 when received and all NPCs will only have level 1 pokemon until the champion.
>2022: We think the game is too hard that we made sure that the moment you turn on the game the credits will roll.
>2023: We think the game is still way too challenging and hard, especially for younger players. When you buy the game at a retailer, the receipt congratulates you for beating the game.
>2024: We think kids don't go to a retailer anymore so you can buy your game online to receive an instant congratulations on your email.
>2025: We think children these days are too busy to check their emails. When you purchase the game it immediately opens a congratulations page.
>2026: We think buying stuff online in general is too difficult for kids, so we are sorry to say that no more Pokemon games will be made. The series has had a great run for thirty years, and we are very proud of our hard work in making it last this long.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Another thing that grinds my gears is trying to catch koffing in Leafgreen. He only appears like 5% of the time in his areas in this version and he's at a high enough level to know self-destruct...
Imagine if the one you encountered was a shiny...

It annoys me that there’s a limit to how many decorations you can put on a photo from the Alola Photo Club in USUM. Could’ve gotten better pics if there was no limit.

Luthor

I'd have to say the fact that Crobat didn't have a footprint is slightly annoying. Its feet may be small but surely they warrant a mention.