• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
For some reason it annoys me that in Pokémon RBY, the player can't go through Victory Road from the Pokémon League to the Badge Check gates because the locations of the boulders get reset once the player enters a new location. And that boulders there have to be put onto switches to allow the player to pass through certain sections.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
when going back to older save files/games you own. its always a relearning curve to remember how the pokemon are sorted in the boxes.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I can't stand the game reminding me to save every 10 f****** minutes, and when I do save when I go online, it acts like I didn't just save to do the thing I did online.

SHUT UP Rotom! Why can I not turn you off?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I can't stand the game reminding me to save every 10 f****** minutes, and when I do save when I go online, it acts like I didn't just save to do the thing I did online.

That reminds me of the PSS continually doing similar things in X and Y. No I don't want to trade or battle!

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Rotom Dex is definitely irksome. I was replaying Ultra Moon yesterday and I remembered why I dislike the game in the first place: all the reminders from Rotom get frustrating really quick.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
When you get disconnected while trying to connect to Pokémon Bank and the server locks itself. All I wanted to do was transfer some Pokémon up to Ultra Moon but now I have to wait for the server to unlock.

EDIT: and it happened again. Twice in half an hour.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That reminds me of the PSS continually doing similar things in X and Y. No I don't want to trade or battle!
Even these messages appear if you’re offline in a moment I don’t feel like trading or battling so that is definitely really annoying. I wish there was a way to disable these messages.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

here's something that will save you lots of frustration. stop interacting with the rotom dex especially if its in USUM. by that i mean, dont even interact with it a singe time at all. if you completely ignore the rotom dex it might ask you 1 question per day when you first get on the game. if you just ignore it it will withdraw the question and wont ever bother again. now if you evolve a pokemon of some other flag that "requires" it to ask for interaction, just let it talk and ignore it.

i havent touched my UM file for nearly a month but i never interacted with the rotom dex at all (since the game was released) and it was about or less annoying that its SM counterpart. i never had any frustrations with rotom dex in UM because it was always glum from being ignored. i did try answering a question or 2 just for fun but i didnt save the file after such an interaction.

you cant turn if off BC GF wanted to annoy the hell out of the players with it and the best you can do is ignore it completely. you won be getting any roto lottery spins out of it but if thats the price you pay for it to shut the hell up then its well worth it. i ignored rotomdex completely in both gen7 games.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Breeding for natures. I don’t have a Synchroniser or Ditto with the nature I want so I have to breed for it but no matter how many eggs I hatch I haven’t found a single Modest one. What makes it even more frustrating is that I seem to be getting the same natures repeatedly. I had 2 Mild ones in 3 eggs. The Lunatone in daycare is now Lv38. It went in at Lv1.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It annoys me that Eggs can't be released so that unwanted slots can be cleared up more easily. At least in the games they can be traded. But that's not the case in Pokémon GO unfortunately and Eggs can't be removed there to get free space.

Leonhart

Imagineer
nel3 said:
here's something that will save you lots of frustration. stop interacting with the rotom dex especially if its in USUM. by that i mean, dont even interact with it a singe time at all. if you completely ignore the rotom dex it might ask you 1 question per day when you first get on the game. if you just ignore it it will withdraw the question and wont ever bother again. now if you evolve a pokemon of some other flag that "requires" it to ask for interaction, just let it talk and ignore it.

The main complaint seems to be the fact that the Rotom Dex talks in general, not just that we can't ignore it. Personally, I just wish it was a normal Dex.

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
When you soft reset for a shiny legendary/ UB. Get the shiny, only for the nature to be completely ****. (Impish Pheramosa!)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The fact that Sucker Punch can only be tutored in the Generation IV games.
Yeah, there’s a good amount of Pokémon that should now be able to learn them as Tutor Moves but it’s just that they got denied the opportunity to, which is disappointing.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The main complaint seems to be the fact that the Rotom Dex talks in general, not just that we can't ignore it. Personally, I just wish it was a normal Dex.

a talking rotom dex is annoying but its still part of a device so putting asleep mode would be awesome. i dont really care if it talks, i just want it to have an off button in UM. i got it tamed pretty well but it still wont stop it from talking to me.....

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
a talking rotom dex is annoying but its still part of a device so putting asleep mode would be awesome. i dont really care if it talks, i just want it to have an off button in UM. i got it tamed pretty well but it still wont stop it from talking to me.....
It would have been good if there was an option to disable it but at least enable the Pokédex function. I otherwise wouldn’t mind it too much because I get decent Roto Powers every ten minutes I interact with it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It would have been good if there was an option to disable it but at least enable the Pokédex function. I otherwise wouldn’t mind it too much because I get decent Roto Powers every ten minutes I interact with it.
That’s why I don’t mind the Rotom Dex. I’ve gotten tons of the Restore, Exp, and PP Restore plus the Z-Rotom that all helped me with very difficult battles such as Totem Lurantis.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That’s why I don’t mind the Rotom Dex. I’ve gotten tons of the Restore, Exp, and PP Restore plus the Z-Rotom that all helped me with very difficult battles such as Totem Lurantis.
I decided not to use any for some reason. But they would have been especially useful for the Ultra Necrozma battle if I must say.