• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
That’s why I don’t mind the Rotom Dex. I’ve gotten tons of the Restore, Exp, and PP Restore plus the Z-Rotom that all helped me with very difficult battles such as Totem Lurantis.

I found them kind of mediocre, although I did use one once to make catching Pokemon easier. Rotom's special powers are essentially O-Powers with a roulette gimmick, however.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It would have been good if there was an option to disable it but at least enable the Pokédex function. I otherwise wouldn’t mind it too much because I get decent Roto Powers every ten minutes I interact with it.

disabling his conversation feature would be very very desired but i dont think GF is gonna do it. i wasnt the biggest o power user in gen6 but the egg hatching, EXP gain and $$$ gain o powers were rather useful in the right way ie battle restaurants. i did use up the required roto lottos in 1-2 battles just to get rid of them but the random nature of the lotto puts me off of the idea. i dont really need 80% of the roto lotto powers.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
disabling his conversation feature would be very very desired but i dont think GF is gonna do it. i wasnt the biggest o power user in gen6 but the egg hatching, EXP gain and $$$ gain o powers were rather useful in the right way ie battle restaurants. i did use up the required roto lottos in 1-2 battles just to get rid of them but the random nature of the lotto puts me off of the idea. i dont really need 80% of the roto lotto powers.
But then if you ignore it you start to miss out on the powers, which I find satisfying to collect. Yeah they were definitely beneficial but I don’t use them so that I can give myself a challenge.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
But then if you ignore it you start to miss out on the powers, which I find satisfying to collect. Yeah they were definitely beneficial but I don’t use them so that I can give myself a challenge.

i dont particularly regret missing out on such perks from the roto lotto at all. i find them rather ignorable and i really dont want to have any sort of interaction with rotom dex. i honestly dont care much for the roto lotto in gen7. if i had more interest in gen7 after playing gen6 then i might've put more effort there in gen 7. sadly gen7 didnt live up to it and it became mostly forgettable, atleast to me.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
i dont particularly regret missing out on such perks from the roto lotto at all. i find them rather ignorable and i really dont want to have any sort of interaction with rotom dex. i honestly dont care much for the roto lotto in gen7. if i had more interest in gen7 after playing gen6 then i might've put more effort there in gen 7. sadly gen7 didnt live up to it and it became mostly forgettable, atleast to me.
Oh. But at least some of the effects are pretty good like getting double prize money and EXP boost. Even if Rotom is affectionate enough, it’ll let you use two Z-Moves in battle even though I don’t really bother too much with Z-Moves in-game too.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Oh. But at least some of the effects are pretty good like getting double prize money and EXP boost. Even if Rotom is affectionate enough, it’ll let you use two Z-Moves in battle even though I don’t really bother too much with Z-Moves in-game too.

that likely wont matter much to me at this point. i didnt use z moves in Sun, i only used them in the battle agency in the festival plaza BC its such a cheater/evil AI. i do want lvl50 battle agency (lvl 42-44??) but have procrastinated alot there. its been 1-2 months since i stopped playing sun and around the same time that i stopped playing UM, it might be nearing 3 months already for my Sun file but i went back in time and played my HG file and W2 game (old owners' save file). i havent fully gotten back into gen4-5 at this point but i do have plans to save the items in the B2/W2 old save files (preowned games) and start my own save file and play the hard mode of the game. there are some breeding pkmn resources i need in HG to transfer over to gen5 (when i get around to breeding them).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
that likely wont matter much to me at this point. i didnt use z moves in Sun, i only used them in the battle agency in the festival plaza BC its such a cheater/evil AI. i do want lvl50 battle agency (lvl 42-44??) but have procrastinated alot there. its been 1-2 months since i stopped playing sun and around the same time that i stopped playing UM, it might be nearing 3 months already for my Sun file but i went back in time and played my HG file and W2 game (old owners' save file). i havent fully gotten back into gen4-5 at this point but i do have plans to save the items in the B2/W2 old save files (preowned games) and start my own save file and play the hard mode of the game. there are some breeding pkmn resources i need in HG to transfer over to gen5 (when i get around to breeding them).
Oh. But the annoying part about transferring Pokémon using Poké Transfer is that you need two DSes to do it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Oh. But the annoying part about transferring Pokémon using Poké Transfer is that you need two DSes to do it.
i got that covered regarding the DS systems. i got a 2ds, old 3ds XL (hinge broken) and a new 3ds XL. the old 3ds XL still works but the hinge makes opening the unit a bit sketchy. im not looking forward playing archery during the poketransfer at all. i had plans to also get all foreign pokemon dex data like i did in gen6 (pkmn X) and had stored ITA/KOR pkmn on the 2ds PKbank. they are still stored on the 2ds as i didnt care to bother to access the national dex thru the PKbank app. removing the national dex in-game killed any long term plans for me to continue playing gen7 while remaining interested in the series. to which i say to GF: congrats, you *'d up and changed things too much and now i dont care much about the series anymore.

to be fair, every game does lose its interest with sufficient time but i was able to pass it pretty well getting all foreign data entries on all non-legendary pkmn in pkmn X. cant bother to do it again in gen7.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
i got that covered regarding the DS systems. i got a 2ds, old 3ds XL (hinge broken) and a new 3ds XL. the old 3ds XL still works but the hinge makes opening the unit a bit sketchy. im not looking forward playing archery during the poketransfer at all. i had plans to also get all foreign pokemon dex data like i did in gen6 (pkmn X) and had stored ITA/KOR pkmn on the 2ds PKbank. they are still stored on the 2ds as i didnt care to bother to access the national dex thru the PKbank app. removing the national dex in-game killed any long term plans for me to continue playing gen7 while remaining interested in the series. to which i say to GF: congrats, you *'d up and changed things too much and now i dont care much about the series anymore.

to be fair, every game does lose its interest with sufficient time but i was able to pass it pretty well getting all foreign data entries on all non-legendary pkmn in pkmn X. cant bother to do it again in gen7.
I have at least a DS Lite and a 3DS so I should be fine for Poké Transfer too. But it’s pretty satisfying to aim though. But then to catch them the annoying part is when you have to aim at a bush to get Pokémon out sometimes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I will list a few at the top of my mind:

- the trainer with a full Magikarp team who appears in every version
- finding Magikarp everytime you go fish

The first one seems like a gag which I don't mind, although I do get fed up finding Koiking whenever I fish. It seems especially common in Gen II and III to me.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I have at least a DS Lite and a 3DS so I should be fine for Poké Transfer too. But it’s pretty satisfying to aim though. But then to catch them the annoying part is when you have to aim at a bush to get Pokémon out sometimes.

yeah, ive seen the YT vids on how you transfer from gne4->5. i wasnt the biggest fan of the whack-a-mole game when i was young and i think i might need a few attempts to get all the pokemon over to gen5.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
yeah, ive seen the YT vids on how you transfer from gne4->5. i wasnt the biggest fan of the whack-a-mole game when i was young and i think i might need a few attempts to get all the pokemon over to gen5.
Okay. I don't think it's too similar to it as you throw Poké Balls at it using some sort of arrow but at least the aiming part looks similar. But really I don't have too many problems with it.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Niantic server issues, from logging in to GPS ones. Mewtwo being powered up more and having Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt. Making it that much harder for rural players to have a chance at it in a raid in Pokemon Go.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Niantic server issues, from logging in to GPS ones. Mewtwo being powered up more and having Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt. Making it that much harder for rural players to have a chance at it in a raid in Pokemon Go.
And also a harder chance at the Gyms too. These Mewtwo can then be used to knock out Pokémon a bit more easily thanks to their increased coverage.

Leonhart

Imagineer

I always thought it was simple, not to mention quicker than the Pal Park. I disliked the bushes and the fact that the Pokemon begin jumping fast at the end of the mini-game, but it's a minor concern.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And also a harder chance at the Gyms too. These Mewtwo can then be used to knock out Pokémon a bit more easily thanks to their increased coverage.
Yep. Which sucks big time. I know that I wouldn't have had a chance before, but at least it would have been fun. Now it seems like it would be a chore.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. Which sucks big time. I know that I wouldn't have had a chance before, but at least it would have been fun. Now it seems like it would be a chore.
Well that pretty much means going around to different Gyms to put Pokémon there. It can be quite hard to find space for them as players are constantly fighting for Gyms.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Well that pretty much means going around to different Gyms to put Pokémon there. It can be quite hard to find space for them as players are constantly fighting for Gyms.
Yep which is a no go on my end with limited data. I have around 40 odd mbs left (I try to not go over 90 mbs a month as I have a plan that is for around a 1 gb for 3 months), so I pretty much ration it. I do some battle and stuff and the occasional raid. It's going to make the do 10 raids task into a drawn out thing lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep which is a no go on my end with limited data. I have around 40 odd mbs left (I try to not go over 90 mbs a month as I have a plan that is for around a 1 gb for 3 months), so I pretty much ration it. I do some battle and stuff and the occasional raid. It's going to make the do 10 raids task into a drawn out thing lol.
Oh. I try to save my Premium Raid Passes so at most I usually do one or two raids a day depending on if I did raid on the previous day. It’s pretty slow too because I spend coins on increasing storage. And a maximum of 50 coins a day is pretty much a grind for me.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. I try to save my Premium Raid Passes so at most I usually do one or two raids a day depending on if I did raid on the previous day. It’s pretty slow too because I spend coins on increasing storage. And a maximum of 50 coins a day is pretty much a grind for me.
Ah cool. I don't have any of those. I just get the one a day. Yea that's me too, when I can get 50 coins. Recently I got a grand total of 1 coin from a gym. /facepalm

I've had it with Niantic. Today was a pain in the rear. Ran into so many authentication errors that I could scream.