• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In the Gen 7 games, whenever the Pokémon get tired in Isle Avue and lose friendship as a result if I don't check often. It can then take a while for them to gain friendship again.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Well the original map artwork for Kanto looked a lot different: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:RBY_Kanto.png
In that one it still looks like the bay in the middle is very large and the bridge can open to let ships through. So it's actually a case of the map getting worse at world building rather than better.

But really, what can ya expect from a grid-based map that's 20 years out of date for the system it's on but kept that way because of Nostalgia?

You know, it's been so many years that I'd forgotten that map even existed.

I even forgotten that's how Cerulean used to look, even though I thought it was so dope.

They should use the original map for ideas on an open world remake some day.

True. All that open space would just be like, the ****.

That's another thing that grinds my gears. Never enough play space (except for Route 15 in Kalos; that was dope).

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know, it's been so many years that I'd forgotten that map even existed.

I even forgotten that's how Cerulean used to look, even though I thought it was so dope.

True. All that open space would just be like, the ****.

That's another thing that grinds my gears. Never enough play space (except for Route 15 in Kalos; that was dope).
Honestly I can see open world design work for a Pokemon game. I can even see as far as a Player entering the Pokemon League from Day 1 based on my knowledge on how the Pokemon Adventures adaptation handles the Pokemon League.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
To add on to how most of the Mega Stones in X and Y are hidden and can only be found whenever the Anistar Sundial is glowing from 8 pm to 9 pm, it is annoying that as a result of that, it limits the Mega Evolution options before beating the game severely. So the options are pretty limited to the Kanto starters, Lucario and a few more options.

Leonhart

Imagineer
How the hell does the S.S. Anne enter and leave Kanto?

I mean, look at this.

CbJQt9w.jpg

There is literally nowhere to go. Maybe that bridge in the middle of Cycling Road opens up or something, but those boulders surrounding it are saying, "No the hell it ain't."

I mean, I get it. No one thought this through back in the day, because it really didn't matter then. But now? Come on! It's been over 20 years! GIVE it an opening! Sheesh!

I pointed that out when we first saw this newer map, but even the older maps of Kanto had similar issues. I wish Game Freak had addressed this flaw.

Luthor

Poison type should be a lot better than it is, at least offensively.

It should be super effective against fighting and poison types, and immune to poison types as well as resist bug types.

Which reminds me that the poison type still lacks a permanent true legendary or Mythical. (Closest it has is ultra beasts) That's kinda annoying.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
Which reminds me that the poison type still lacks a permanent true legendary or Mythical. (Closest it has is ultra beasts) That's kinda annoying.

I find it odd that we don't have one yet, meanwhile we're still getting Psychic-type Legendaries even though they're overdone at this point.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why is Ho-oh the more offensive one while Lugia is the more defensive one despite their "personalities" and Dex entries make it seem the opposite way?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Why is Ho-oh the more offensive one while Lugia is the more defensive one despite their "personalities" and Dex entries make it seem the opposite way?
I still wonder why that is so. Even so it still annoys me why Ho-Oh even has a higher Attack stat.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It annoys me how items can't be placed onto Pokémon in the PC in the Gen 3 games with the new PC system. It's a bit time consuming to swap Pokémon to and fro from the PC just to give Pokémon an item.

Luthor

The fact that Magmortar doesn't get a new ability upon evolving from Magmar whereas Electivire gets Motor Drive upon evolving from Electabuzz. As counterparts, it seems such a waste.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
The fact that Magmortar doesn't get a new ability upon evolving from Magmar whereas Electivire gets Motor Drive upon evolving from Electabuzz. As counterparts, it seems such a waste.

I'm more bothered by the fact that they require trading with held items, which is a game mechanic which has always seemed unnecessarily convoluted to me overall.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don’t think that bothered me too much either but still it’ll be nice for it to gain a new Ability upon evolution.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
What really grinds my gears is people who don't seem to understand that LGPE is an entry level game FOR LITERAL CHILDREN. If I see one more person complaining that the games are bad for being simple I'm gonna scream.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
What really grinds my gears is people who don't seem to understand that LGPE is an entry level game FOR LITERAL CHILDREN. If I see one more person complaining that the games are bad for being simple I'm gonna scream.

If I keep hearing that it is going to dumb down future series... when we have no evidence towards this besides LGPE being a main series game. Doomsaying about microtransactions or how the mechanics of the Lets Go games are going to creep into Gen 8 and beyond. (When they say themselves that isn't going to happen!)
My blood is going to boil.
Wait until we have the games out and wait until we get actual evidence to support these claims before screaming this people!

On the other side, LGPE is a remake of pokemon yellow. I am both curious to how this would be different from that game and annoyed that it is another Kanto remake, if it isn't that different from Yellow besides graphic upgrade and using Pokemon Go mechanics, I will be disappointed. This game is trending on thin ice and isn't going to win regardless if it proves the community wrong or not.

Last edited:

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
On the other side, LGPE is a remake of pokemon yellow. I am both curious to how this would be different from that game and annoyed that it is another Kanto remake, if it isn't that different from Yellow besides graphic upgrade and using Pokemon Go mechanics, I will be disappointed. This game is trending on thin ice and isn't going to win regardless if it proves the community wrong or not.

I'm not really mad about another Kanto game. We haven't had a proper Kanto game since FR/LG and that was 2004.

Cradily17

That profile pic and nickname. That one post you made comparing LGPE critics to freaking BRONIES. I am fully convinced you are a troll now. There is no way someone like you can actually be making these posts with a straight face. Please stop. You're not being funny.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
That profile pic and nickname. That one post you made comparing LGPE critics to freaking BRONIES. I am fully convinced you are a troll now. There is no way someone like you can actually be making these posts with a straight face. Please stop. You're not being funny.

P... Pardon? What's wrong with my profile pic? I drew it myself. I think it's pretty accurate to how I actually look but ok. And SALTY is just the name I go by in games and online, it's a (admittedly pretty silly) pun with my real name.

As for if I'm serious or not, every word in my posts was typed with a straight face or a minor look of annoyance. I am pretty supportive of LGPE and don't think any of your subjective comments have any real weight to them in arguing that they're bad games.

By all means, keep spewing out the same garbage arguments over and over. When you actually touch on something valid I'll let you know.