• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I hate that you can't get the Cubone that was personally affected by TR's cruelty. I want to help the poor thing :(

Also kind of upset that Alola Marowak wasn't in the Lavender Town video. While it has nothing to do with the town, it'd be a nice callback

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I hate that you can't get the Cubone that was personally affected by TR's cruelty. I want to help the poor thing :(

Also kind of upset that Alola Marowak wasn't in the Lavender Town video. While it has nothing to do with the town, it'd be a nice callback

Are you referring to the LGPE trailer... thing? Coz like... Marowak is gonna be a part of that story in-game, just not Alolan Marowak XD

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Are you referring to the LGPE trailer... thing? Coz like... Marowak is gonna be a part of that story in-game, just not Alolan Marowak XD
Yeah and ik Marowak is. I'm saying Alolan Marowak is both aspects of the LT part of the story into one so it simply following the Trainer while the walked by the Tower would've been a close touch

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

It’ll be great if we got to get a free Cubone to make it easier to get Marowak. It takes a while to find Cubone there and Gastly are very common there.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Keldeo's Resolute Form doesn't really do anything.
And it only changes form because of learning a new move. It wouldn't be in that form without Secret Sword since B2W2 and I probably would have wondered how Secret Sword would have been different if its Resolute Form had different stats and Abilities.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alomonola is a pink heart-shaped fish you usually get via fishing

Why is this not a Luvdisc evolution, WHY IS THIS NOT A LUVDISC EVOLUTION

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It annoys me that there isn't much of a postgame in LGPE. There's nothing much to do other than to battle the Master Trainers and other powerful Trainers.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
At least it's reflective of its source material lol
Of course. I think a lot of its appeal comes from its connectivity to GO, the capturing mechanics being similar to GO and the classic Kanto adventure that doesn't appeal as much to the competitive and veteran players. The only thing I would mostly do after beating LGPE is to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon GO to there so that I can farm Meltan.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Daylight Saving Time messing up Festival Plaza every single time for two days. They already had Daylight Saving Time support in gen 2, why isn't it there in gen 7?

This for the games in general
It's a feature that always annoyed me.

It messes up the Pokelago Scavenging timer too.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
TPCi Netherlands. Our anime release of SM on TV got stalled for unknown reasons, we still don't have a physical release of the Ho-Oh movie (I Choose You), and it looks like we're not even going to get a cinematic release for the Power of Us Lugia movie at all. These movies are still being dubbed in Dutch, the voice actors and translation teams work hard on that, but they just don't release these things properly. And it's not like our dub is bad, we've got good voice actors here with lots of experience and the translations are sound. It doesn't deserve this crap treatment from the higher ups over licences and stuff.

Luthor

The fact that the pokeball plus doesn't have an obvious on/off- volume switch. Think that could have been made simpler.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The fact that the pokeball plus doesn't have an obvious on/off- volume switch. Think that could have been made simpler.
Well it can get annoying sometimes to hear a Pikachu cry (or the cry of another Pokémon out of nowhere) especially in a very silent room. And ‘Pika!’ is heard and you get all of the attention in the room.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Well it can get annoying sometimes to hear a Pikachu cry (or the cry of another Pokémon out of nowhere) especially in a very silent room. And ‘Pika!’ is heard and you get all of the attention in the room.
You just reminded me of something. What really grinds my gears is how GameFreak hasn't updated the Pokemon ainmal cries yet! You know Pokemon Origins and Pokemon Generations give them more animalistic sounds? The Pikachu's squeaky "chuuuu" sound a lot different from the old games version.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You just reminded me of something. What really grinds my gears is how GameFreak hasn't updated the Pokemon ainmal cries yet! You know Pokemon Origins and Pokemon Generations give them more animalistic sounds? The Pikachu's squeaky "chuuuu" sound a lot different from the old games version.
They could use the anime voices but I think it’s more expensive considering the amount of contracts that have to be signed and maintained for a lengthy period. But it’s easier to use the cries we have now because it doesn’t require as many contracts. The Stadium cries sound animalistic but I personally like the nostalgic feeling of the old cries and I think the current cries do it quite well. I think that sense of nostalgia is lost if the cries become too animalistic.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
They could use the anime voices but I think it’s more expensive considering the amount of contracts that have to be signed and maintained for a lengthy period. But it’s easier to use the cries we have now because it doesn’t require as many contracts. The Stadium cries sound animalistic but I personally like the nostalgic feeling of the old cries and I think the current cries do it quite well. I think that sense of nostalgia is lost if the cries become too animalistic.
I don't mean update it with anime voices, I mean update the old animal cries that date back to Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3 etc. into the HD era. The Pikachu from Pokemon generations has a more squeaky mouse-like sound compared to his game counterpart or Mewtwo sounds like a berserking monster compared to his game counterpart.