• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Not having a 3rd/sequals/prequals to XY .............-.-
SERENA NOT HAVING A SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Klinklang's movepool. Who though it was a good idea to give this physical-oriented Pokemon mostly special moves?
Same goes for Gourgeist, it is especially hurting that its only two physical Ghost STAB moves are Shadow Sneak and Phantom Force....which isn’t too useful save for using as a Z-Move.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I don't think I've ever had an issue with Whitney's Milktank... Like sure, it's tough, but I've beaten her first time every time.

What grinds my gears is bad theories. Youtubers have a habit of making terrible theories that don't make sense when scrutinized for even a second.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is less grinds my gears and just plain depressing heheh.

It's a poorly researched Dorkly article about Pokemon Adventures listed under the title "5 Bizarre Pokemon Spin-Offs That Shouldn't Be Official". You can tell by the depressing title itself it's more than just an opinion, it's an insult spitted towards a chunk of the Pokemon fanbase and gets even worst that it misinforms the public that one of the most light-hearted but mature takes on Pokemon that teaches people about the classic tropes of friendship, love, adventure and understanding is nothing more than an ultra-violent manga that shouldn't exist because of judging the entire Pokemon Adventures storyline, a longrunner made up of 53 volumes and 12 mini-volumes made up of 14 massive story arcs reaching over it's 20th anniversary based on a few of the violent images depicted in the first story arc. It gets even more depressing when they misinform the public further by saying the majority of Pokemon fans hate it, Lance who served as the possible inspiration behind N is nothing more than a cheap villain even though he realizes his mistakes and becomes the good guy later on, the classic "villain comes back alive" trick is a cheap trick for Arbok which I think they edited that in cause I didn't see that last time and the fact they have no clue that there were no actual zombie Pokemon in the Pokemon Tower, those were just illusions. The only legitimate criticism they have is when the Magmar's die and that's it because that's the only Pokemon in the entire Pokemon Adventures storyline to actually die. It's depressing because Dorkly is actually a pretty chill site with some good humorous content for Pokemon fans and even makes some interesting points from time to time and although it's a blog site, it's a fairly popular site that gets more people commenting than other game news sites. Which is why it's pretty depressing that not only Dorkly wrote such a absurdly misinformed article but because if you look at the comment sections, people who never read the manga and will likely never touch the best adaptation of Pokemon actually believe it because of that one article. The funny thing is there are real Pokemon Adventure fans who read the article. There not being toxic or anything, their actually pretty tame trying to explain that the article is wrong or their side of the story that Pokemon Adventures is great.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Phione. Who in the right man thought it would be a good idea to make a Pokemon produce an inferior clone of itself? It's not like Phione is readily available, you can only get it by breeding a Mythical Pokemon which goes against common sense as they aren't supposed to breed

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
When Pokémon in LGPE run away after being left there for too long. That can be frustrating especially for a Pokémon that just has to be caught and shiny Pokémon.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Phione. Who in the right man thought it would be a good idea to make a Pokemon produce an inferior clone of itself? It's not like Phione is readily available, you can only get it by breeding a Mythical Pokemon which goes against common sense as they aren't supposed to breed

I can actually sooooort of answer this! Manaphy and Phione are based off sea angels, these weird sea slugs which were kinda popular in Hokkaido at the time. We don't really know that much about their breeding habits (or them in general tbh) so I think the idea was to be like "oooo look Manaphy can breed how mysterious!". Sea angels also change as they mature. I feel like they wanted to have that weird breeding thing but also you can't just have a mythical that can keep producing more mythicals so Phione exists.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Ralts line being Amorphous both confuses me and grind my gears. Just think of the trainers who want to make more Ralts babies, and they keep wondering why none of the human or fairy Pokemon are compatible. Oh no, let's pair them with living sludge, a slug made of lava and a sandcastle, that totally makes sense and is intuitive. At least Skitty and Wailord are both mammals...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Having to use gimmicks in Pokemon games. Using bluetooth in Let's Go is such a bad joke. No transfers have gone through. And then joy con usage... no fan of it, given how bad they are. Sure it's fun, but I wish the controllers were better.

When Pokémon in LGPE run away after being left there for too long. That can be frustrating especially for a Pokémon that just has to be caught and shiny Pokémon.
Woah that sucks. I ran into something similar... if you don't throw a Pokeball (or other Ball) fast enough, they run.

It's why I save before Legendary Pokemon (especially in this game).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Woah that sucks. I ran into something similar... if you don't throw a Pokeball (or other Ball) fast enough, they run.

It's why I save before Legendary Pokemon (especially in this game).
I heard that shiny hunting is frustrating in LGPE. I haven't tried that myself but I heard that a lot of people have failed shinies in these games.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I heard that shiny hunting is frustrating in LGPE. I haven't tried that myself but I heard that a lot of people have failed shinies in these games.
Yea but at least it's something to do. Considering I have no GO Park. :p It's too bad that people have run into that on it though.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Pokemon special manga......is great but the fandom overhype it is my issue as i don't really think kusaka care about it is great or something like that as he just a writer who just write thing for fun .

Sun and Moon anime is should play lot of the thing that in the sun and moon games that are great yet failed to live up to idea of it .

shoz999

Pokemon special manga......is great but the fandom overhype it is my issue as i don't really think kusaka care about it is great or something like that as he just a writer who just write thing for fun .

Sun and Moon anime is should play lot of the thing that in the sun and moon games that are great yet failed to live up to idea of it .
I can see what your saying but I wouldn't really call the quiet fanbase's praise of the manga as overhype but it's still understandable that you think that way cause part of the reason is that for some people, Pokemon Adventures is literally the only good Pokemon adaptation that doesn't rely too much on the nostalgia of your favorite Pokemon like the anime but rather focuses on a well-balanced blend of fun, character progression and the magical wonder that is the world of Pokemon so well that it eventually builds-up to Pokemon's answer to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a shared universe.

Redstar45

No offense but i just always been thought Pokemon special manga is not great to games and anime i enjoying playing and watch as kid and sadly i think that Pokemon special manga fan hate anime show and i don't think that i wanted to care about it

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I can see what your saying but I wouldn't really call the quiet fanbase's praise of the manga as overhype but it's still understandable that you think that way cause part of the reason is that for some people, Pokemon Adventures is literally the only good Pokemon adaptation that doesn't rely too much on the nostalgia of your favorite Pokemon like the anime but rather focuses on a well-balanced blend of fun, character progression and the magical wonder that is the world of Pokemon so well that it eventually builds-up to Pokemon's answer to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a shared universe.

Hmmmmm gonna have to disagree with you there, bud. The Special fanbase is ravenous and tries to link the manga to everything outside it.

Calling it "the best adaption" is also HIGHLY subjective. For example, I enjoyed ReBurst and Phantom Thief waaaaay more than any of Special. I don't think Special is bad but if I was offered a copy of volume one from Special, ReBurst and Phantom Thief, I'd probably take ReBurst. It's a generic shounen like Special but at least it tries something new.

Redstar45

Hmmmmm gonna have to disagree with you there, bud. The Special fanbase is ravenous and tries to link the manga to everything outside it.

Calling it "the best adaption" is also HIGHLY subjective. For example, I enjoyed ReBurst and Phantom Thief waaaaay more than any of Special. I don't think Special is bad but if I was offered a copy of volume one from Special, ReBurst and Phantom Thief, I'd probably take ReBurst. It's a generic shounen like Special but at least it tries something new.
No kidding about that part though i love some of kusaka idea and use it my anime au story such as blue and masked man stuff.

shoz999

No offense but i just always been thought Pokemon special manga is not great to games and anime i enjoying playing and watch as kid and sadly i think that Pokemon special manga fan hate anime show and i don't think that i wanted to care about it
From what I've been noticing, you seem to have a trend of misjudging people's viewpoints and by extension not understanding what they are trying to say which is honestly a bit bias no offense. I recommend you try to understand where people are coming from rather than jumping to conclusions because they don't hate the anime. In fact, most of the Adventure fans are long-time anime fans who have pretty much the same opinions as the majority of the anime fanbase on Serebii.net from what I've seen. They love seeing their favorite Pokemon or characters but they can't help but be annoyed that the anime is no where as good as the games lore, characters and story even though they do enjoy some of the creative liberties the anime uses. This is a common complaint throughout the anime section to the point it's become a joke and it should be no surprise that fans of both the anime and the Pokemon Adventures manga hold similar opinions of the anime.

I'm going to have to disagree with your rude judgemental response because the Pokemon Adventures fanbase has some of the most socializing and nicest people I know of who are well-versed in tons of Pokemon lore so well that they bring new shocking info to the table in not just the manga but by extension the games and even in some cases the anime, which just recently @Redstar45 himself brought back a rarely-talked about topic, Pokerus in the Pokemon anime section hoping the anime mentioned more of this interesting piece of information. In fact I honestly can't take your comment seriously simply because it opposes one simple well-known annoying trend among the Adventures fanbase. It's a very quiet fanbase compared to others. So please. Don't jump to conclusions so easily.

As for the rest of your comment. You are correct. It's subjective. That is part of my main point.

Redstar45

Well i am not misjudged you or anything like that (if i did then i do apologize to you ) as i have been befriending with some the Pokespecial manga fans share same opinion as i and we have no problems point out flaw in Pokemon special manga such we do make fun of the Pokemon special manga for bs they share with Pokemon anime eg pikachu beat rock type or whole thing about black ture into a white stone.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea but at least it's something to do. Considering I have no GO Park. :p It's too bad that people have run into that on it though.
So no Pokémon at GO Park? That's already frustrating considering the Pokémon Let's GO crashes.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
From what I've been noticing, you seem to have a trend of misjudging people's viewpoints and by extension not understanding what they are trying to say which is honestly a bit bias no offense. I recommend you try to understand where people are coming from rather than jumping to conclusions because they don't hate the anime. In fact, most of the Adventure fans are long-time anime fans who have pretty much the same opinions as the majority of the anime fanbase on Serebii.net from what I've seen. They love seeing their favorite Pokemon or characters but they can't help but be annoyed that the anime is no where as good as the games lore, characters and story even though they do enjoy some of the creative liberties the anime uses. This is a common complaint throughout the anime section to the point it's become a joke and it should be no surprise that fans of both the anime and the Pokemon Adventures manga hold similar opinions of the anime.

I'm going to have to disagree with your rude judgemental response because the Pokemon Adventures fanbase has some of the most socializing and nicest people I know of who are well-versed in tons of Pokemon lore so well that they bring new shocking info to the table in not just the manga but by extension the games and even in some cases the anime, which just recently @Redstar45 himself brought back a rarely-talked about topic, Pokerus in the Pokemon anime section hoping the anime mentioned more of this interesting piece of information. In fact I honestly can't take your comment seriously simply because it opposes one simple well-known annoying trend among the Adventures fanbase. It's a very quiet fanbase compared to others. So please. Don't jump to conclusions so easily.

As for the rest of your comment. You are correct. It's subjective. That is part of my main point.

It wasn't meant to come off as rude or judgemental but if that's how you took it I apologize. You can like whatever you like, my dude and I fully support that.

It's not quiet at all. They're just all on YouTube in the comments. Any time there's a video from the official pokemon YouTube or a poketuber speculation video all the Special fandom argue in the comments abut how the manga is so much better than everything else. It's so overpowering and annoying. I've had several comment threads hijacked by them.

The fanbase might be nice if you're in it but it's toxic af from the outside and honestly is the biggest reason I stopped reading Special.

I'm not really sure what Redstar45's thread has to do with anything though... that seems off topic.