• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
What people are using something from the 3rd movie to speculate about a new region in 2019?
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
I honestly don’t think the book is a reliable source of predicting the future. The Sun Pokémon seems to coincidentally look like Volcarona since it was said to act like a substitute sun once but Solgaleo also has a similar facial structure and its Shiny could be claimed to be the one in the book. I mean this is a book that called all of the Unown Legendary even though they aren’t classified as such.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Don't make me use that age-old "Oh wait, you're serious" meme.

I don't really have to explain to you what kind of gigantic stretches those connections are, do I? It's a book about mythological Pokemon. The hibiscus blossoms form the "tropical" picture appeared in the movie itself irrc. Fairy+Mushroom does not exactly scream "France" (really fairies like that are more associated with England/Ireland) and the "Greek architecture" boils down to a couple of stone pillars that are pretty much a stock element when Anime tries to portray western-style fantasy religions.
Hahahaha. Jumping to conclusions are we? I was simply joking around, I have no real interest in this theory. It's a little interesting I suppose but even I think that's too much of a stretch.

Luthor

All this talking about the 3rd movie does remind me of one thing I do want from a movie into the games. Specifically, the Unown forms seen exclusively in that movie. It's mildly annoying Unown has had nothing interesting added for a while and that Movie showed there were other forms.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
All this talking about the 3rd movie does remind me of one thing I do want from a movie into the games. Specifically, the Unown forms seen exclusively in that movie. It's mildly annoying Unown has had nothing interesting added for a while and that Movie showed there were other forms.

I always just assumed those were unown of dead languages. They're extinct.

Luthor

I always just assumed those were unown of dead languages. They're extinct.

Many of them are still used though. Particularly the ones that end up used in Mathematics. And let's be honest with all the time travelling related things these pokemon could easily make a return even if they are extinct.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Many of them are still used though. Particularly the ones that end up used in Mathematics. And let's be honest with all the time travelling related things these pokemon could easily make a return even if they are extinct.

I mean, we use them but maybe the pokemon world doesn't. Though technically they don't even use Roman characters so dunno where the unown even got their shape.

The 3rd movie was also at a point in time where nothing was really concrete in the pokemon world. Hell, that exact movie was gonna feature a straight up t-rex at one point.

Luthor

I mean, we use them but maybe the pokemon world doesn't. Though technically they don't even use Roman characters so dunno where the unown even got their shape.

The 3rd movie was also at a point in time where nothing was really concrete in the pokemon world. Hell, that exact movie was gonna feature a straight up t-rex at one point.

You may have a point there.

It was a very odd movie.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Unown in general grinds my gears more than any other Pokemon. It's enigmatic, only found in one mysterious location, and touted as being this mystical, mysterious entity. However Unown are absolutely awful fighters, having poor stats and literally only one move, which isn't even that reliable. I can find something redeeming about even Pokemon like Delibird, but not Unown.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Unown in general grinds my gears more than any other Pokemon. It's enigmatic, only found in one mysterious location, and touted as being this mystical, mysterious entity. However Unown are absolutely awful fighters, having poor stats and literally only one move, which isn't even that reliable. I can find something redeeming about even Pokemon like Delibird, but not Unown.
The Unown always have been odd. The only time I ever use one in battle is during the Johto games to defeat Falkner if I chose Chikorita.

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
People telling me that hunting in the older games as I prefer the challenge is a "waste of time" and "cute" as I should just get Let's Go instead and get it there. I hunt how I want and don't judge others for their preferred methods, I'd like the same courtesy in return :/

In the same vein, how much focus is put on good iv's and natures for shinies nowadays. For me those are simply a bonus, and I don't like seeing people give em away/not be excited to get em just because of that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact that in BOTH of the Gen 1 remakes, you are unable to obtain the new evolutions in the main game. It's even worse in Let's Go, where you can't obtain them period despite Mega Evolution and Alolan forms beings an option. At least Leaf Green and Fire Red let you obtain evolutions introduced in Johto post-game

Selfdestruct and Explosion, the moves synonymous with Voltorb and Electrode, are Physical attacks. Aka the stat that they are bad at. And they learn Gyro Ball, which is horrible for one of the fastest Pokemon in the game

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
People showing off while trying to trade in Pokemon Lets Go. Let alone those who show all that they do have. Yes I know you have this, but I do not. It's why I'm putting things up for trade! /facepalm

People telling me that hunting in the older games as I prefer the challenge is a "waste of time" and "cute" as I should just get Let's Go instead and get it there. I hunt how I want and don't judge others for their preferred methods, I'd like the same courtesy in return :/

In the same vein, how much focus is put on good iv's and natures for shinies nowadays. For me those are simply a bonus, and I don't like seeing people give em away/not be excited to get em just because of that.
Word. Not everyone has all the time in the world to do that (the natures and ivs, whether they're shiny or not). It makes trying to complete the Pokedex into a chore, as some people are extremely picky. I'm like, 'hey if you don't like it, just toss it'.

Another annoying thing, never being able to find any Unown in Pokemon Go.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That after all this time they STILL haven't made a Fire/Grass type

Not being able to learn all but a handful of moves via level up most of the time if you're a stone evolution

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What grinds my gears is that literally the games, anime and Pokemon Adventures manga has done almost nothing with the Pokemon Volcanion. The closest we get is the movie which doesn't really explain much about Volcanion. There is also the irony that according to the artist of Pokemon Adventures, his favorite 6th gen Pokemon is Volcanion and he can't wait for an Adventures story featuring Volcanion and it hasn't been done yet. Then there is the games. There is some really interesting lore about Volcanion being this nation-building Pokemon that blew away entire mountains creating the plains of Southern Kalos and the thing is. This Pokedex lore isn't officially in the games, this is all datamine unused files for Volcanion. GameFreak scrapped that.

I really hope Volcanion gets some love in the future.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Related to that, it's annoying that they don't do any event items after Victini. They made getting the Pokemon feel special, now they just give it to you with little lore and fuss

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yea noticed that with all event Pokemon now for the most part. One that I wish made a come back is Manafi.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea noticed that with all event Pokemon now for the most part. One that I wish made a come back is Manafi.
The Manaphy egg though. It felt special because of the unique feel of the Egg. Maybe ot could be brought back later.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The Manaphy egg though. It felt special because of the unique feel of the Egg. Maybe ot could be brought back later.
Yea I remember that. Didn't get the game myself. A friend of mine traded me one so it would be in the dex, then I hunted one down via the GTS. Only way to have gotten it then and now.

Maybe. And I'd hope they do it, whether in the form of a Mystery Gift or maybe we could get one from an NPC some how.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I remember that. Didn't get the game myself. A friend of mine traded me one so it would be in the dex, then I hunted one down via the GTS. Only way to have gotten it then and now.

Maybe. And I'd hope they do it, whether in the form of a Mystery Gift or maybe we could get one from an NPC some how.
Weird why they let that thing to be able to be traded on the GTS back then. That was how I got mine in Platinum. I registered it thanks to a book I found in the Pokémon Mansion.

Doubt Pokémon Ranger will be a thing in a while so they could as well find other ways to introduce the Manaphy Egg. I wouldn't mind an in-game event where the player gets to save a Manaphy Egg from poachers in-game and gets it as a result.