• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Weird why they let that thing to be able to be traded on the GTS back then. That was how I got mine in Platinum. I registered it thanks to a book I found in the Pokémon Mansion.

Doubt Pokémon Ranger will be a thing in a while so they could as well find other ways to introduce the Manaphy Egg. I wouldn't mind an in-game event where the player gets to save a Manaphy Egg from poachers in-game and gets it as a result.
I'm glad they did, since not everyone had Ranger.

Maybe and I hope they do.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm glad they did, since not everyone had Ranger.

Maybe and I hope they do.
Yeah, at least I'm glad I have registered it into my Platinum Dex before the Wi-Fi shutdown. I was trying to trade for a Spiritomb close to the shutdown but unfortunately that trade didn't go through and it was annoying that now I have to get another copy of DPPt to get Spiritomb.

I would be very interested to see how that will turn out. More background information on Manaphy would be nice too.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, at least I'm glad I have registered it into my Platinum Dex before the Wi-Fi shutdown. I was trying to trade for a Spiritomb close to the shutdown but unfortunately that trade didn't go through and it was annoying that now I have to get another copy of DPPt to get Spiritomb.

I would be very interested to see how that will turn out. More background information on Manaphy would be nice too.
That's good. Sucks about the Wi Fi shutdown though. Hope you're able to get another copy.

I would be too, as long as it's something that everyone has a chance at getting. That would be cool. Like it came from a distant planet or something.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's good. Sucks about the Wi Fi shutdown though. Hope you're able to get another copy.

I would be too, as long as it's something that everyone has a chance at getting. That would be cool. Like it came from a distant planet or something.
I would like to but I would like to focus on getting Gen 3 games first. Once I'm done with getting Gen 3 games, I'm going to get the remaining Gen 4 games.

Yeah something like Magearna would be cool where you could activate that event anytime you choose by just scanning a QR code.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I would like to but I would like to focus on getting Gen 3 games first. Once I'm done with getting Gen 3 games, I'm going to get the remaining Gen 4 games.

Yeah something like Magearna would be cool where you could activate that event anytime you choose by just scanning a QR code.
Ah hope you can find them as well. So many fakes out there these days.

Maybe. Are we able to scan QR codes with the Switch?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah hope you can find them as well. So many fakes out there these days.

Maybe. Are we able to scan QR codes with the Switch?
Yeah thanks. I'm very careful when it comes to the games I would like to buy.

The Switch has no camera so unless it gets an additional accessory or an upgrade, you shouldn't be able to scan QR codes.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah thanks. I'm very careful when it comes to the games I would like to buy.

The Switch has no camera so unless it gets an additional accessory or an upgrade, you shouldn't be able to scan QR codes.
You're welcome.

Yea and that would be a problem for any kind of event like that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome.

Yea and that would be a problem for any kind of event like that.
I would like Pokémon games to have codes that last for an indefinite period of time and it does something similar. I know other games that have something similar and I wouldn't mind having both limited time codes and permanent codes.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I would like Pokémon games to have codes that last for an indefinite period of time and it does something similar. I know other games that have something similar and I wouldn't mind having both limited time codes and permanent codes.
Like the ones we get from Gamestop and Target and similar stores? I wouldn't either, along with some internet and online mystery gifts.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Like the ones we get from Gamestop and Target and similar stores? I wouldn't either, along with some internet and online mystery gifts.
Yeah the Gamestop and Target ones for the limited time events. My personal preference is Internet since I don't have to go to get the codes and as a result I can pick up these events quickly on day 1.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah the Gamestop and Target ones for the limited time events. My personal preference is Internet since I don't have to go to get the codes and as a result I can pick up these events quickly on day 1.
Ah. Yea I like those as well as I don't always get to go to the Gamestop ones or the Target ones.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Yea I like those as well as I don't always get to go to the Gamestop ones or the Target ones.
I live near a similar store that is like Gamestop and it's called EB Games. So it's easier for me to access these code events but I don't necessarily have the time to get there to get the codes at the earliest time as these codes usually begin to be distributed several hours into opening on day 1 of the event, which is around midday. Fortunately most events don't get picked up very soon in my area so for pretty much every code event I was able to pick up a code. I pick them fairly early in the event too, usually within a few days from the start of the event.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I live near a similar store that is like Gamestop and it's called EB Games. So it's easier for me to access these code events but I don't necessarily have the time to get there to get the codes at the earliest time as these codes usually begin to be distributed several hours into opening on day 1 of the event, which is around midday. Fortunately most events don't get picked up very soon in my area so for pretty much every code event I was able to pick up a code. I pick them fairly early in the event too, usually within a few days from the start of the event.
Nice. Miss those here in the states. That's great that your able to have a shot at it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice. Miss those here in the states. That's great that your able to have a shot at it.
Oh. I don't live in the US so I get EB Games instead of Gamestop. It'll be great if a Gamestop opens up near your place. And then you can pick up the codes whenever you're ready instead of having to travel long distances to pick them up.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. I don't live in the US so I get EB Games instead of Gamestop. It'll be great if a Gamestop opens up near your place. And then you can pick up the codes whenever you're ready instead of having to travel long distances to pick them up.
EB Games used to be in the US years ago. Got a copy of Pokemon Colosseum from one, back when it came out :). As for Gamestop, that's what's in the area ;). It would be great if there were a closer one though :p. Gas and all that. But I'm glad that there's one that is even remotely nearby.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
EB Games used to be in the US years ago. Got a copy of Pokemon Colosseum from one, back when it came out :). As for Gamestop, that's what's in the area ;). It would be great if there were a closer one though :p. Gas and all that. But I'm glad that there's one that is even remotely nearby.
In my area, they started to appear in the late ‘90s as a result of an international expansion. It’s easily the number one gaming retail store in my country. I heard that Gamestop bought up EB Games around a decade ago. And it’s pretty much the only store that has a license to distribute codes. My country does have Target but so far as I have heard they haven’t distributed codes.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
In my area, they started to appear in the late ‘90s as a result of an international expansion. It’s easily the number one gaming retail store in my country. I heard that Gamestop bought up EB Games around a decade ago. And it’s pretty much the only store that has a license to distribute codes. My country does have Target but so far as I have heard they haven’t distributed codes.
Cool. Ah I see. Yea I just saw something about that. Good to see that they're still around somewhere.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cool. Ah I see. Yea I just saw something about that. Good to see that they're still around somewhere.
Yeah, at least in some places. They're up in Canada, Australia and New Zealand right now. The one in my area does sell merch. At least they're licensed but unfortunately the variety isn't as much compared to the Japanese Pokémon Centers.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, at least in some places. They're up in Canada, Australia and New Zealand right now. The one in my area does sell merch. At least they're licensed but unfortunately the variety isn't as much compared to the Japanese Pokémon Centers.
Ah. That's frustrating.

Right now working on hunting for a shiny Gastly... I'm up to over 100 encounters... so it's starting to grind my gears. (In Pokemon Let's Go.)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. That's frustrating.

Right now working on hunting for a shiny Gastly... I'm up to over 100 encounters... so it's starting to grind my gears. (In Pokemon Let's Go.)
Yeah, there are other stores that do sell these merch and there isn't much variety there too.

The last hunt I did was for a shiny Eevee in Sun but I got an Espeon instead. Great that it has a zero call rate so that it can't call for help but still I would like to complete my shiny Eeveelution collection. But still I would like to have found Eevees so that I don't get stuck with Espeons and Umbreons at some point.