1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things that grind your gears!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Frost Mage, May 19, 2013.

1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Yeah, there are other stores that do sell these merch and there isn't much variety there too.

The last hunt I did was for a shiny Eevee in Sun but I got an Espeon instead. Great that it has a zero call rate so that it can't call for help but still I would like to complete my shiny Eeveelution collection. But still I would like to have found Eevees so that I don't get stuck with Espeons and Umbreons at some point.

2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Time to get spooky! Staff Member Moderator

Yea can relate in terms of that. Gamestop sells some good stuff, but not a ton of variety either. But at least for some things the prices are ok.

Ah.Well that's still a nice hunt. Espeon's are pretty good. Hope you can find one.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  3. Mega Altaria

EB Games sells merch at a slightly higher price than other stores and sometimes I feel that's a ripoff. At least it's not too overpriced.

Thanks. I have found a shiny Eevee once before but I haven't evolved it.

4. WishIhadaManafi5

Ah that sucks. Gamestop does it with games sometimes. Yea that would be even worse. Noticed that Walmart has raised the prices of their Pokemon figures (meaning the dolls). Up from $20 to around $27. Thankfully Gamestop still has them around the old price.

And to speak of the devil... Gastly finally shown! :) It took 141 encounters.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  5. Mega Altaria

I haven't noticed EB Games change their prices or even raising the prices of merch. I would say that the plushies of the 'stronger' Pokémon like Tyranitar would definitely cost around 30 USD and they're more expensive than most of the other Pokémon plushies most likely because of them being considered to be 'stronger' Pokémon.

Congrats! The reward finally paid off!

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  6. WishIhadaManafi5

That's terrible. Walmart's just as bad with that, only with all of them.

Thanks! :)

Mega Altaria likes this.
  7. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

I'm surprised you were even able to find Tyranitar plush, we get nothing good at any of the EBs in my area.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  8. Mega Altaria

Yeah, most likely because I live closer to an urban area. I guess your area might at least have a couple of merch at your local EB Games. I remember finding a Yveltal figurine in at least one EB Games around my area.
    Oh. They definitely need to lower the prices for all of the Pokémon merch in your Walmarts.

Cheers! Looks like your shiny hunting is going great!

9. WishIhadaManafi5

Yea they do. Wondering if it's just a general thing, like they're doing with a lot of stuff in stores lately. Price hikes and all that.

Thanks. Hope the luck continues.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  10. Mega Altaria

Maybe, I guess. Don't really have much idea what's going on in these Walmarts. But it's still sad to see Pokémon merchandise being affected.

Yeah. I hope so.

11. WishIhadaManafi5

Yep. But at least Gamestop hasn't been hit. Yea it is. :( Haven't really seen it hit other kinds of merch being hit (Pokemon wise) yet.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  12. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Lol I literally live in the Canberra area. Capital ain't got nothin' good.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  13. Mega Altaria

Oh that's a relief. At least it's not the worst case scenario.
    Yeah it's nowhere near as populated as Sydney and Melbourne. I live near Sydney and things are definitely a lot better there. I think it's a population-related issue.

14. WishIhadaManafi5

Yea at least it's not that. It would definitely suck if it were.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  15. Mega Altaria

Well yeah basically. Still I don't know why they made Pokémon merch so expensive at Walmart.

16. WishIhadaManafi5

Same here. They've done it with other products lately too. Stores have been bringing up prices.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  17. Mega Altaria

Well that doesn't look good. Expecting that it'll happen to other products unfortunately. My guess is because they want to make more from the franchises that sell well? And of course one of them is going to be Pokémon.

18. WishIhadaManafi5

Yep. Like food and so on. Probably. But it's affecting everything. Not just kids franchises. Video games haven't been hit yet thankfully though.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  19. Mega Altaria

Yeah. I don't think the full prices change much though. Even though I think games over the years have become slightly more expensive and I think it has happened for the Pokémon games.

20. WishIhadaManafi5

Yea I remember when Game Boy games were around $25, then things went up to $30, then $40. This move up to the Switch is a $20 increase up to $60 (going by US dollars).

Mega Altaria likes this.