• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah I think right now LGPE costs around $10 more than the 3DS Pokémon games which cost $10 more than the DS Pokémon games. It's like that the prices go up by $10 for each new console.
Yea only state side it's a bit higher given that it's $60. And even more than that in Canada.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea only state side it's a bit higher given that it's $60. And even more than that in Canada.
Most likely due to the exchange rate. It costs around $90 there I think.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Its $90 here in AU. That would be inflation and you know... higher class tech costs more money to develop for.
Didn't know it cost that much down in Australia. Yea and sales (meaning buy one get one for a percentage off and stuff) help to bring down the cost.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Its $90 here in AU. That would be inflation and you know... higher class tech costs more money to develop for.
I remember that it cost $80 the last several times I went to EB Games. Surely games are becoming more advanced and that increases the costs of developing a game. And therefore it costs more to buy one.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
This is less so because it's more recent, but I am kind of upset that they haven't pulled a Delta Episode and let you get mythical Pokemon in an interesting way in-game. It would be nice if in Sun and Moon there was something special to Magearna or Marshadow, or Zeraora in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

On a related note, I'm upset that X and Y never did anything with the Musketeer Quartet. They were based on famous French characters, Kalos is based on France. It would've been cool if they let you get them and then with the three you could obtain Keldeo and make it available as a special treat, like what was done with Regigigas.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I still don’t know why people complain that they feel Incineroar should be a Fighting Type just to complain about redundancy.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I still don’t know why people complain that they feel Incineroar should be a Fighting Type just to complain about redundancy.
Pokedex loading... Incineroar. The Zangief Pokemon. A gentle but fierce Pokemon that is able to create red cyclones and wins the admiration of school children everywhere.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Pokedex loading... Incineroar. The Zangief Pokemon. A gentle but fierce Pokemon that is able to create red cyclones and wins the admiration of school children everywhere.
No wonder he’s perfect

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact that so far you haven't been able to evolve Eevee into Glaceon until late in-game, when there's probably other Ice types you got to use already. Or that the Leaf Stone and Ice Stone can't be used to get a Leafeon and Glaceon

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The fact that mammal-like Pokemon are hatched out of eggs, rather than live birth like most mammals in real life.

I also do not like when other people give me crap for saying this or other similar things. Just because you don't like an idea doesn't mean you get to shove your negative opinions of it down people's throats.

It's called respecting other people's opinions.

So know this - if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, and that also applies to this post.

keepitsimple

site of lies
The fact that mammal-like Pokemon are hatched out of eggs, rather than live birth like most mammals in real life.

I also do not like when other people give me crap for saying this or other similar things. Just because you don't like an idea doesn't mean you get to shove your negative opinions of it down people's throats.

So know this - if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, and that also applies to this post.
What's wrong with eggs? It makes things more convenient and ofc they're not going to put a live birth in a kids game ._.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Yeah no Pokemon isn't going to ever be the place to see ****ing live birth happening. Implementing that in Pokemon is already a disgusting idea to begin with and you wanting that concerns me. See I got to shove something negative about a gross wish by someone!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yeah no Pokemon isn't going to ever be the place to see ****ing live birth happening. Implementing that in Pokemon is already a disgusting idea to begin with and you wanting that concerns me. See I got to shove something negative about a gross wish by someone!
Aww, but think about the "cut the umbilical cord" mini-game we could have gotten.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Ugh no thank as i don't really lose Pokemon that fast in early childhood and late teenager hood as well back in 2000s.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Related to birth, the only legendary(yes, I think mythicals count as a sub-set) Pokemon that can breed creates an inferior copy of itself that can't evolve into something unique or better. At least with Cosmog you can get a strong Pokemon down the line, and Arceus has a cool cutscene that gives you a mascot legendary(yes I know you can't breed from it the traditional way, but you can effectively create a new life)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
If Pokemon's G8 games get a new type, don't just give it a Gym, give Dark type a Gym too. The fact that the Dark Type has been waiting 2 decades for a Gym, but Fairy got one upon creation, is a personal pet peeve of mine. I mean giving Fairy but not Dark a Gym was totally unfair. Yeah I know Dark has an Island Kahuna but that's not quite the same.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It was also unfair in Gen 2 given they also introduced Steel, but it got its own type