1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things that grind your gears!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Frost Mage, May 19, 2013.

1. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

If Pokemon's G8 games get a new type, don't just give it a Gym, give Dark type a Gym too. The fact that the Dark Type has been waiting 2 decades for a Gym, but Fairy got one upon creation, is a personal pet peeve of mine. I mean giving Fairy but not Dark a Gym was totally unfair. Yeah I know Dark has an Island Kahuna but that's not quite the same.

OshyHikari and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

It was also unfair in Gen 2 given they also introduced Steel, but it got its own type

OshyHikari likes this.
  3. shoz999

shoz999 No! That's impossible!

Dear Journal. It has so far been 40 days since Jan. 1st and we still have no Nintendo Direct. The Nintendo Direct drought has drove some of the fans here crazy. I can hear the claws scratching against the door, repeated whispering and chatter of where's Metroid Prime 4, the newest Smash character and are demanding Gamecube virtual console but we know that'll never come. I can still see those poor skeletons of those long waiting for the day that GCN virtual console would come but no luck for them. The Serebii fanbase is so far doing fine, living on scraps of Pokemon episodes and the Let's Go games. According to travelers afar, there has been a prophecy foretold that a Nintendo Direct would be coming in Feb. 13th. Some are skeptical of this and are warning their fellow brethren and sisters to not get their hopes up. Others think the source is reliable as this was the same traveller who got the Let's Go games right. Time will tell if it's true or not, as for the Nintendo fanbase itself, from Pokemon to Legend of Zelda, the lack of a Nintendo Direct is still driving them slowly mad, jumping up in the air, ripping their hair. A lot of people see these feral crazed symptoms of that of a "fanboy". The Serebii fanbase is doing fine for now but the Nintendo Direct drought has affected their minds too, showing symptoms of fanboying. This Nintendo Direct drought is grinding everyone's gears.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  4. RedJirachi

Most evolutionary trade items are literally only useful for trade and making those evolutions a pain to get.

Orphalesion and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  5. BiohazardXIII

BiohazardXIII New Member

The Pokémon fandom in general. I've never understood why adult fans love to whine about things in the series lmao.

6. shoz999

Holy %$#^. That guy who got the Let's Go games is right! There is a Nintendo Direct Feb. 13th. I wonder if it will show the new Pokemon games as he claims it will.

7. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

And that grinds your gears? ;-)

8. shoz999

The Nintendo Direct drought grinds my gears. And it has finally come to an end.

Orphalesion likes this.
  9. RedJirachi

Trapinch has multiple abilities and even a HA, Vibrava and Flygon do not. This has always bugged me. What's even the point if it's only going to have one ability growing up? What, it couldn't have Sand Veil or Sand Stream or something?

10. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Every Pokemon with Levitate as a standard ability doesn’t get a hidden ability. The only exception is the Bronzor line.

shoz999 likes this.