1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things that grind your gears!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Frost Mage, May 19, 2013.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

It was also unfair in Gen 2 given they also introduced Steel, but it got its own type

OshyHikari likes this.
  2. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Dear Journal. It has so far been 40 days since Jan. 1st and we still have no Nintendo Direct. The Nintendo Direct drought has drove some of the fans here crazy. I can hear the claws scratching against the door, repeated whispering and chatter of where's Metroid Prime 4, the newest Smash character and are demanding Gamecube virtual console but we know that'll never come. I can still see those poor skeletons of those long waiting for the day that GCN virtual console would come but no luck for them. The Serebii fanbase is so far doing fine, living on scraps of Pokemon episodes and the Let's Go games. According to travelers afar, there has been a prophecy foretold that a Nintendo Direct would be coming in Feb. 13th. Some are skeptical of this and are warning their fellow brethren and sisters to not get their hopes up. Others think the source is reliable as this was the same traveller who got the Let's Go games right. Time will tell if it's true or not, as for the Nintendo fanbase itself, from Pokemon to Legend of Zelda, the lack of a Nintendo Direct is still driving them slowly mad, jumping up in the air, ripping their hair. A lot of people see these feral crazed symptoms of that of a "fanboy". The Serebii fanbase is doing fine for now but the Nintendo Direct drought has affected their minds too, showing symptoms of fanboying. This Nintendo Direct drought is grinding everyone's gears.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  3. RedJirachi

Most evolutionary trade items are literally only useful for trade and making those evolutions a pain to get.

Orphalesion and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  4. BiohazardXIII

BiohazardXIII New Member

The Pokémon fandom in general. I've never understood why adult fans love to whine about things in the series lmao.

5. shoz999

Holy %$#^. That guy who got the Let's Go games is right! There is a Nintendo Direct Feb. 13th. I wonder if it will show the new Pokemon games as he claims it will.

6. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

And that grinds your gears? ;-)

7. shoz999

The Nintendo Direct drought grinds my gears. And it has finally come to an end.

Orphalesion likes this.
  8. RedJirachi

Trapinch has multiple abilities and even a HA, Vibrava and Flygon do not. This has always bugged me. What's even the point if it's only going to have one ability growing up? What, it couldn't have Sand Veil or Sand Stream or something?

9. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Every Pokemon with Levitate as a standard ability doesn’t get a hidden ability. The only exception is the Bronzor line.

shoz999 likes this.
  10. RedJirachi

That doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me

AgentKallus likes this.
  11. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

Completely forgot you had to sync the time on a GBA game and a DS if you’re trying to transfer Pokémon otherwise it doesn’t let you. Now I have to wait 24 hours before I can transfer Pokémon which is a right pain. It’s also annoying how you have to transfer 6 Pokémon at a time between 3rd and 4th gen, and 4th and 5th gen especially when I only want to transfer one Pokémon. It should not be this difficult.

12. RedJirachi

The inability to get Deerling of all of the seasons anymore.

shoz999 likes this.
  13. Orphalesion

How despite the name, the description and the marker on the map, Ever Grande City isn't a city, or even a town, just the Pokemon League on some deserted island (that isn't even blanketed in flowers, unlike what the description claims)

janejane6178 likes this.
  14. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Didn't anime fix that issue ?

15. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Omg its so true... I was also upset with that fact. Theres not even one house there lmao

16. Orphalesion

I don't watch the anime. I'm only talking about the games here.

17. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

Regardless of what the manga or anime show or don't show (the latter contradicting itself so many times that you could make an entire TV series just from the amount of times it happens), the games being the core source material should always be viewed as the final word on what is canon and what is not.

As for the League, yeah that is kind of silly. One building on a deserted island is not a city. It's a building. Then again this IS Pokémon, where any town with more than four buildings in it can be considered a city. Of course, they could just go the safe route and be like, 'Well it's just a legend. They were wrong!'.

18. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

But it doesn’t quite make sense for Evergrande. At least Mauville had a good explanation in ORAS for being a city inside a giant building that Watson was trying to give the city a new look.

19. RedJirachi

Even in the remakes, Nebby doesn't stay in the bag. Also, having to use Pokemon GO to get Meltan to evolve instead of just using it to get a Meltan and evolving it to Melmetal in Let's Go

20. JensV95

JensV95 Member

That amaura/aurorus can't learn AURORA veil