• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The fact that we are probably obligated to wear succer uniforms in Galar gyms.... I wonder if every1 is ok with that
I'm not a fan of it either. But it is what it is. And it's not a big deal to me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
The fact that we are probably obligated to wear succer uniforms in Galar gyms.... I wonder if every1 is ok with that

I don't understand why that would be irksome, though. We might only get to challenge the Gym Leaders once at their Gyms during the whole games, so I find the whole soccer uniform gimmick to be rather short-lived and not exactly troublesome.

BattleFanatic14

This would bother me more if I were a real Pokémon trainer, but it’s always bugged me that in Amity Square, you can only walk with what they consider a “cute” Pokémon. Like what in the world? I can’t walk with my Garbodor just because it doesn’t meet their subjective status of “cute”? This really feels like discrimination to me.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
This would bother me more if I were a real Pokémon trainer, but it’s always bugged me that in Amity Square, you can only walk with what they consider a “cute” Pokémon. Like what in the world? I can’t walk with my Garbodor just because it doesn’t meet their subjective status of “cute”? This really feels like discrimination to me.
My issue is that some Pokémon that were around during Gen 4 that are cute by normal convention aren’t “cute” enough for Amity Square. I’m talking about Vulpix, Togepi, Riolu and the other Baby Pokemon barring Happiny, Swablu, the rest of the first stage Starters from Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto, and Meowth to name a few. How is Togepi not cute enough to enter? It’s literally a baby and babies are almost always considered cute no matter how they look! You’re telling me that the ghostly balloon bird that has a reputation of kidnapping children to take them to the afterlife is cuter than Pichu the Baby form of Pikachu?! And how the heck is Torterra much cuter than Vulpix which is always portrayed as being adorable in both the anime and games?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
The fact that we are probably obligated to wear sucker uniforms in Galar gyms.... I wonder if every1 is ok with that
That sorta bothers me but what would irk me is if all the Galar gym leaders wear sports uniform which atm seems quite possible.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I don't understand why that would be irksome, though. We might only get to challenge the Gym Leaders once at their Gyms during the whole games, so I find the whole soccer uniform gimmick to be rather short-lived and not exactly troublesome.
gyms are a part deal of the game, and yes - wearing a soccer unfiorm takes the gym battle feelings for me atleast. I also dont like soccer atall.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WolfCypher said:
That Crystal, the first ever playable female protagonist, was not carried over for HGSS but instead just flat out replaced with Lyra, grinds my gears. Especially given IMO Lyra doesn't hold a candlestick to Crystak in the design department.

I completely understand why Game Freak didn't just recreate Kris though given that HG/SS were meant to be Gold and Silver remakes foremost, and since those games didn't have a female playable character, they decided to invent one.

Bill the Typhlosion

As someone with no interest in sports, I was initially a bit put off by this - not the uniforms specifically, but just the whole football theme the games seemed to have going on. But now we've learned more about the Gym battles, I'm OK with it. They've essentially taken the UK's football obsession and replaced it with Pokémon battles, which is something I can get behind! I've always wanted to have Pokemon battles in a massive stadium, and I think the uniforms will help make the experience more immersive. I also really like how the numbers on the uniforms are customizable - we'll be able to wear the Pokedex number of our favourite Pokemon, or some other number that holds significance for us.

What I'm less keen on, however, is that daft cycling outfit! It reminds me of the Poké Ride outfit, and not in a good way. I always felt like the Poké Ride outfit was just a sneaky way to avoid having to program riding animations for every clothing item. Perhaps if these outfits didn't look quite so silly, I wouldn't mind having to wear them!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wait all this time I thought that Lyra was Crystal/Kris and that she just got a minor touch up to look more modern. Now I feel like Boo Boo the Fool.
I originally thought that as well until I realized they don't change character names.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
What I'm less keen on, however, is that daft cycling outfit! It reminds me of the Poké Ride outfit, and not in a good way. I always felt like the Poké Ride outfit was just a sneaky way to avoid having to program riding animations for every clothing item. Perhaps if these outfits didn't look quite so silly, I wouldn't mind having to wear them!
Agreed, and more importantly, what was even the point of replacing surfing with the water bike?o_O

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact that until Generation III, there were no Running Shoes. The fact that in Diamond and Pearl, you can't speed up during Surfing