1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things that grind your gears!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Frost Mage, May 19, 2013.

1. Fushiki

Fushiki Golden Orchid

Grass Knot's battle animation in Gen. VI and VII.
    It was one of my favourite Pokémon attacks in Gen IV and V, but that ugly battle animation totally ruined it for me.
    If you haven't, check this abomination and tell me it isn't poorly made to say the least.

Majespectre, Jerimiyah and wolf jani like this.
  2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

The fact that until Generation III, there were no Running Shoes. The fact that in Diamond and Pearl, you can't speed up during Surfing

wolf jani, Redstar45 and shoz999 like this.
  3. anjunajake

anjunajake you were the sun & moon to me

Festival Plaza. The single worst online system in the game history. Literally makes me want rip my hair out. Literally what were they thinking? The PSS was so sleek, simple, and efficient. As someone who used to do a lot of 4 player multi battles, constantly getting thrown off or the system not being able to "find" one of the players was always so annoying. Please bring back a better system for SWSH.

Majespectre, wolf jani and Dragalge like this.
  4. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

We are getting better systems.

Majespectre, wolf jani and anjunajake like this.
  5. Dragalge

Dragalge Why do you hate Lorde so much?

We do it’s called the Y-Comm where you can go online by just pressing the Y button anytime! Gets you good stuff! (Tbh something like that was kinda bound to be an option to consider anyway for a one-screen console. ...Unless they wanted to have one sift through a couple menus like tbe Festival Plaza)

anjunajake, Redstar45 and wolf jani like this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I really disliked how the Dream World had a time limit of one hour. At first it was understandable since a lot of people logged in every day back when the site was first launched, but by the next year site traffic should've been significantly less, so by that point the time limit didn't seem necessary. I really liked the mini-games, so I would've liked to log in whenever I wanted instead of having to wait 24 hours.

7. Lemonski

Lemonski Active Member

My phone doesn't seem to be compatible with my Switch, which means I can't use the GO Park. I was looking forward to it too, though at least it isn't that crucial a thing. Either way it would've been sweet to be able to fill my pokedex in Let's Go more smoothly that way for example, and I already had some pokemon in mind that I'd want to transfer, but oh well.

Majespectre and wolf jani like this.
  8. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

That's my phone as well. Is it able to at least get Meltan incense? Mine's able to do that, but I can't transfer anything from Go to Let's Go.

wolf jani likes this.
  9. AgentKallus

AgentKallus ♪ Doh doh doh ♪

My phone works with that, but my sisters doesn't so when she wanted to get a meltan box we had to log her account into my phone. so maybe you could see if a friend or family member will let you borrow there's for a this?

MockingJ, Majespectre and wolf jani like this.
  10. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

This may seem silly, but have you tried shutting down your Switch all the way? As in, hold the power button for 5 seconds until a menu comes up and gives you the option to completely shut it down? Doing that is what solved my problem when my phone wouldn't connect to Let's GO.

MockingJ and wolf jani like this.
  11. WishIhadaManafi5

Yep. I've tried that many times with no luck. It lets me connect and partially trade and then it errors out... EVERY time. So it's a no go. Borrowing a friend's phone is a no go too as the only friends I know live too far away. So I'll be just trading with others for what I need.

wolf jani likes this.
  12. Lemonski

Lemonski Active Member

I'm not really sure about the Meltan incense since I haven't had that yet. The only thing I was able to do was connecting my GO account to Let's Go. I'm sorry that your phone doesn't want to cooperate with Let's Go either, it sucks.

At some point I was indeed thinking that maybe someone else's phone would work, though I don't think any of my family members at least have GO installed. My brother and my mom used to, but it's been a while since they've played so they might've uninstalled the game already.

13. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

GO being the first thing in over 10 years to feature Shadow Pokemon.... and probably the only thing that ever does. :mad:
    *sigh*
    I'd pay so much for another shadow game... :/

14. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

The fact you couldn't check what the new facilities of the Plaza had before you swapped them nor any way to undo the swap if you got a facility that was less good.

wolf jani and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  15. WishIhadaManafi5

Agreed. Or even a re-release of Colosseum and XD on the Switch.

wolf jani likes this.
  16. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I think Im the only person in this forum who don't know what shadow Pokemon are hehe

17. Ignition

Ignition Buttwitch needs more appreciation

They’re the gimmick of the Gen 3 spinoffs Pokèmon Colosseum and XD: Gale Of Darkness. They’re basically “evil” Pokèmon who had their hearts tainted by the antagonists of the games

wolf jani and janejane6178 like this.
  18. janejane6178

Oh interesting, definitely giving vibes regarding something in one of Swsh leaks (which havent been proven right so far)

wolf jani likes this.
  19. eViL-nErD

eViL-nErD Member

Zubats...ughh!

20. janejane6178

Fursturating that we get SO MANY news regrading the Pokemon cards, Pokemon GO, Pokemon masters and other spin offs etc but not a single word regarding SWSH, which is the first main Pokemon game on a switch and a new gen.
    Upsetting