• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gen 1-3: Our strongest Ghosts are special oriented
Also Gen 1-3: Ghost type is a physical move

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Gen 1-3: Our strongest Ghosts are special oriented
Also Gen 1-3: Ghost type is a physical move
That also happened the other way with Dark.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Evolving Meltan into Melmetal is pure evil. Even if I manage to get 400 Meltan Candy, it’s going to take at least six months to do given the time limit required to open up the Mystery Box. I probably have better luck finding the Feebas spots in RSE and DPPt twenty times in that time than I would trying to get Melmetal.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Cutting Pokemon because "cOmPeTiTiVe rEaSoNs"
1. Every Pokemon is someone's favorite
2. "Switch is superior hardware, no need for 3DS games anymore!" Uh huh.... then why can't we have all 800 Pokemon in one game? There's no excuse and the day Lucario gets cut from a game, I'm out. Completely serious, I'm not playing another game without him. I made an exception for Let's GO as it's a remake, but not for a new game!
3. More than 50% of Pokemon players aren't competitive, hell I'd go as far as saying 75%! Probably even less since all the kids and teens these day play Borenite and barely touch new games for more than a couple of hours. They want to 'balance' things? Remove EV and IVs, that is a fair deal

Let's GO had a valid reason, despite how it felt like Leaf Green-lite because of that.
SWSH doesn't, I've had the double pack pre-ordered for awhile so I'm obviously going to get it. But that doesn't mean I agree with this decision nor I ever will. I just hope GF wakes up and realizes that gen 9 should have all the Pokemon.
If Meltan gets a new evolution method, It'll at least help make up for it a bit. Such a stupid evolution method. "Hey, Let's Go has a new Pokemon!" Fans: "Yaaay!" "That you need to play GO for countless hours to get!" Fans: "......"

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Cutting Pokemon because "cOmPeTiTiVe rEaSoNs"
1. Every Pokemon is someone's favorite
2. "Switch is superior hardware, no need for 3DS games anymore!" Uh huh.... then why can't we have all 800 Pokemon in one game? There's no excuse and the day Lucario gets cut from a game, I'm out. Completely serious, I'm not playing another game without him. I made an exception for Let's GO as it's a remake, but not for a new game!
3. More than 50% of Pokemon players aren't competitive, hell I'd go as far as saying 75%! Probably even less since all the kids and teens these day play Borenite and barely touch new games for more than a couple of hours. They want to 'balance' things? Remove EV and IVs, that is a fair deal

Let's GO had a valid reason, despite how it felt like Leaf Green-lite because of that.
SWSH doesn't, I've had the double pack pre-ordered for awhile so I'm obviously going to get it. But that doesn't mean I agree with this decision nor I ever will. I just hope GF wakes up and realizes that gen 9 should have all the Pokemon.
If Meltan gets a new evolution method, It'll at least help make up for it a bit. Such a stupid evolution method. "Hey, Let's Go has a new Pokemon!" Fans: "Yaaay!" "That you need to play GO for countless hours to get!" Fans: "......"

And now, 8th Gen starts hiding competitive rankings behind a paywall (Home), but only on a mobile device and not the Switch, forcing out yet more money for a iOS/Android device (assuming you don’t have one) if you want to see your competitive ranking. Basically, a direction that only cares about profit and less about the low-income community who can only afford one game a year, causing the poor to now be treated as third-world country citizens. I’m worrying that the execs’ mindset is that only rich people can play Pokémon, and the extra monetisation of the competitive scene will lead to a significant drop in VGC participation rates. Further proves why they want to ditch main series Pokémon in favour of mobile-focused spinoffs.

Cutting out loads of Pokémon from the code of the gaming in favour of bumping up the price tag with several subscription services... there’s clearly nothing to justify it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
And now, 8th Gen starts hiding competitive rankings behind a paywall (Home), but only on a mobile device and not the Switch, forcing out yet more money for a iOS/Android device (assuming you don’t have one) if you want to see your competitive ranking. Basically, a direction that only cares about profit and less about the low-income community who can only afford one game a year, causing the poor to now be treated as third-world country citizens. I’m worrying that the execs’ mindset is that only rich people can play Pokémon, and the extra monetisation of the competitive scene will lead to a significant drop in VGC participation rates. Further proves why they want to ditch main series Pokémon in favour of mobile-focused spinoffs.

Cutting out loads of Pokémon from the code of the gaming in favour of bumping up the price tag with several subscription services... there’s clearly nothing to justify it.
Not to mention that the games them selves are alot more expenssive and they barely show new Pokemon that will make up for the lose of the Pokemon they deleted from the games (and even that can't make for it, but atleast they could TRY). GF just knows that their fans will always buy their games and they can just do whatever they want.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Not to mention that the games them selves are alot more expenssive and they barely show new Pokemon that will make up for the lose of the Pokemon they deleted from the games (and even that can't make for it, but atleast they could TRY). GF just knows that their fans will always buy their games and they can just do whatever they want.

It's like they think they can use the brand name recognition just to sell it, despite how openly they don't care about it. It'll get very bad if Pokemon Masters blows up as hugely as GO did, and could possibly pose a threat to SwSh's sales. The fact that even competitive battling is becoming monetised by forcing you to get a smartphone to view rankings on the Pokemon Home app (as it won't show up on the Switch version), and basically excluding low-income players just because they can't afford all the requirements to enjoy this gen, shows how greedy GF and Nintendo have become. There's literally no point with Home existing, as the only Pokemon you'll be able to even obtain are the ones already found in-game, which GF have made silly excuses by acting as if a Switch cartridge doesn't have enough space for all the Pokemon. They just want to suck out all your money with the Home subscriptions.

Competitive balance also isn't an excuse to remove so many Pokemon, when they ironically are still including Pokemon often feared in competitive, like Ferrothorn, Toxapex and Wash Rotom.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Togepi's shiny. It's just the regular colors except the red and blue is switched around. Well, some different tones, but otherwise that's it. And the shade becomes less noticable upon evolution

Phione's existence generally bugs me. Breeding a legendary/mythical isn't really worth anything if the result is inferior in every regard and unable to improve itself. If Phione was available in-game and you got an item as an event so it could become Manaphy, that'd be something, but no.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Someone mentioned Pokemon Go and it made me think....

I hate the fact there's Pokemon exclusive to it (Meltan). Not everyone is interested in playing a mobile game just to get one Pokemon. It's even worse when you find out it can also only evolve in Go and nowhere else. Please give Meltan a new evolution method and another way to obtain it (They won't....). I also fear they will make more Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon Go in the future due to how successful it is.

And another thing (And I know I'm gonna get hate for this one...)

If people are so adamant that Ultra Beasts aren't legendary, then Mythical Pokemon aren't legendary either. If you're gonna say "But it officially says so", then people need to stop calling Mythicals legendary, since if we go by TPC, then they're officially not legendary, just like UBs. I personally don't know why we need 3 different categories of what is essentially the same thing, since all 3 are classed as special Pokemon. This one is always a controversial topic, but it does bug me a lot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:
Why is it that every game with Eevee and Glaceon available has the Ice Rock so late in the game? You need to give me a reason why I should choose it over every other Ice type

I dislike location based evolution methods overall. It was especially annoying to me in S/M because I wanted my Makenkani (Crabrawler) to evolve into Kekenkani (Crabominable) by the time that I reached the second Alola island, but I had to trade it and have someone else evolve it at Lanakila Mountain, instead.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I dislike location based evolution methods overall. It was especially annoying to me in S/M because I wanted my Makenkani (Crabrawler) to evolve into Kekenkani (Crabominable) by the time that I reached the second Alola island, but I had to trade it and have someone else evolve it at Lanakila Mountain, instead.

Oh yeah that sucks. I remember being stuck with a Charjabug & Crabrawler for way too long in my Sun playthrough.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Oh yeah that sucks. I remember being stuck with a Charjabug & Crabrawler for way too long in my Sun playthrough.
That reminds me, I really hope they don't pull stunts like this in Sword and Shield. It's hard enough to get ahold of trade evolutions as it is.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What troll decided to make Alolan Marowak learn its signature move before it can evolve into one?!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Pokemon HOME being confirmed to replace Global Link. The change in hardware is causing too much change to the franchise, into a new fully monetised format where you will have to continue paying subscription fees for Nintendo Switch Online and HOME, and also the likely situation that Pokemon Bank and 3DS wi-fi servers will also close down at the start of the next decade, meaning you are absolutely forced to leave your older Pokemon behind and use only the Pokemon GF wants you to use.

I guess this means GF really does want me to make the switch to mobile gaming, like GO and Masters, despite the fact I cannot make most progress as I'm low-income and refuse to pay microtransactions.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
People acting like Go is dependant on mircotransactions, it really isn't (Unlike some-other games ahem), I've had the game since late 2017 and I've never made a mircotransaction in Go or any other game.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
People acting like Go is dependant on mircotransactions, it really isn't (Unlike some-other games ahem), I've had the game since late 2017 and I've never made a mircotransaction in Go or any other game.
I’ve only done a couple of micro transactions mainly being Poke Balls and Incense. I think I did coins once but that was mostly for upgrading things.

WolfCypher

Alolan Exeggutor

Its such a waste. They go and make a brand new, better looking, more exciting Exeggutor with a lot of hype behind it, and all they do is increase its Atk by 10 and lower its Speed by 10. Thats it. Here they could have made Alolan Exeggutor a physical attacker with a 125 attack to mirror plain Exeggutor's 125 Special attack, they even go and give Alolan Exeggutor a damn good exclusive PHYSICAL ATTACK MOVE in Dragon Hammer, and its basically just plain old Exeggutor with no need for this move.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alolan Exeggutor

Its such a waste. They go and make a brand new, better looking, more exciting Exeggutor with a lot of hype behind it, and all they do is increase its Atk by 10 and lower its Speed by 10. Thats it. Here they could have made Alolan Exeggutor a physical attacker with a 125 attack to mirror plain Exeggutor's 125 Special attack, they even go and give Alolan Exeggutor a damn good exclusive PHYSICAL ATTACK MOVE in Dragon Hammer, and its basically just plain old Exeggutor with no need for this move.
I actually think that Alolan Exeggcutor is one big troll on Gamefreak's part

Luthor

Alolan Exeggutor

For me, the most frustrating bit is that its new ability really doesn't boost it that much. With a better ability, it could have been so much better.