1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things that grind your gears!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Frost Mage, May 19, 2013.

1. Bortgreen

Bortgreen SM is adorable... Until November

The dex cut happening when there's no actual reason for them to do it except to ruin hype and sales

janejane6178 likes this.
  2. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

The fact that we get barely 1 news about new Pokemon in Swsh per month. The games r released in 2 months and we only 19 Pokemon were revealed

Togekiis and wolf jani like this.
  3. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

Battle gimmicks since gen 6 which started with mega evolutions.
    Ash's journey after DP in the anime

4. Sicksadpanda

Sicksadpanda Member

Hatching a shiny pokemon way too early while preparing to breed for competitive shiny pokemon. (I got a shiny Bagon in like 5 eggs before I even got the right natures...)

Togekiis likes this.
  5. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Alright, who thought it'd be a good idea to give Geodude Self-Destruct the earliest you encounter it in Alola? And how do they expect any sane man to find Galvanize Geodude because of that?! Unless the ability is insanely good like Wonder Guard you don't do that!

6. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Breed with HA Kanto Geodude in Alola, if you don't use Everstone on the Geodude it hatches in Alolan form.

7. Banebdjetet

Banebdjetet Pokemon Scientist

The Ultra Space Wilds in USUM. Minigames are fine, but to slog through this minigame to have a CHANCE of encountering the legendary that you're looking for is a pain (especially if you're trying to get a competitive team ready).

Make gen-specific legendaries part of the story line/post game. Make previous gen legendaries unlocked by some other mechanic of pokemon (for example: For Kyogre to appear somewhere in USUM as catchable, you would first have to register 200 water type pokemon to your pokedex)

Furthermore, why can't we have some kind of battle point expensive item that causes a legendary to reappear? Like okay, you caught your Modest Kyogre, but now you want a Timid one so can experiment with other team builds. Trading for anything decent is a game of roulette and a pain (or you have to resort to the services of hack/genners) and unlike the handicapped Ability Capsule, there is no way to change nature. Create a "Kyogre summon event" item that costs 1,000 BP. Heck, it can cost more, but it gives trainers the opportunity to create competitive teams in their own copies of the game (and Pokemon wants to stop cheating/hacking right?)

Togekiis likes this.
  8. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Unown and Phione

Redstar45 likes this.
  9. Togekiis

Togekiis Active Member

What about them is so bad? Specifically? Because you didn't clarify and I'm curious to understand.

10. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

The fact that Im more into Pokemon Masters now than I am for Swsh.... I wanna find out who's responsible for their marketing.