• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact that Raichu doesn’t get much love opposed to Pikachu
Alola Raichu seems to be introduced to address your complaints

Galarian Yamask's evolution method is exceptionally frustrating to set up unless you wanna waste a Focus Sash. Just have it be location-based and it'll be fine

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Galarian Yamask's evolution method is exceptionally frustrating to set up unless you wanna waste a Focus Sash. Just have it be location-based and it'll be fine
Yamask can learn Endure by TR so that is one option. The only downside side is trying to find multiple Endure TRs.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:

I personally don't consider Alolan Raichu to be that much more popular than the original Raichu, though. But frankly, while I admit that Raichu doesn't have Pikachu's level of popularity overall, I don't think it's in a bad position necessarily. Not all Pokemon can be as well-liked as Pikachu, and there are hundreds of Pokemon that could use a popularity boost.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
Strangely an annoying thing for me is that Raichu has not adjusted the same way Pikachu has. For example over time Pikachu's hands have become very much more obvious but the same cannot be said of Raichu who still has stumps. For some reason that bothers me but probably only me.

I think Pikachu has changed the most compared to any other Pokemon. Its early game sprites and first Ken Sugimori artwork featured Pikachu with a white belly similar to Raichu's, then that was removed and Pikachu just looked chubby for a while, which was of course gradually changed over time and now Pikachu looks quite skinny by comparison.

WalesNote

I always hated how pokémon names were all in capital letters, though thankfully that changed in 5th gen.

I also hate being paralysed and confused at the same time.

Oh, and attacks missing, specifically in the Mystery Dungeon series. My poor Chimchar's ember has like a 75% hit chance...

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Oh, and attacks missing, specifically in the Mystery Dungeon series. My poor Chimchar's ember has like a 75% hit chance.
Especially in the 3D titles, where you'll spend more time training your moves so they're actually useful than actually playing the story

At least they added Companion Mode/Pelipper Island so you can do missions with other pokémon with the same moves and power them up that way, although building up Paradise in Magnagate was still extremely tedious, but once it had places to train up moves, the game became much more bearable

TwilightBlade

Ugh I hate complicated evolution methods. Stuff like needing to trade Pokemon with items is bad enough but then you get new methods like Galarian Yamask's. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
Ugh I hate complicated evolution methods. Stuff like needing to trade Pokemon with items is bad enough but then you get new methods like Galarian Yamask's. :[

I've always disliked trade evolution since it was one of the hardest things to accomplish in the older games. I recall a lot of my friends playing the Gen I and II games in elementary school, but only one of us [me] had a Link Cable, and I only got it after Christmas around 2001 I believe. Back then it was basically a novelty and nobody else that I knew had one, which made trading impossible for us for a while.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
Speaking of location-based evolutions, it really grinds my gears that in Sword/Shield, there is no Ice/Mossy Rock. What was even the point of removing them?

In fairness, it always seemed redundant for only one Pokemon to evolve from exposure to said rocks, and it was more practical to have Eievui (Eevee) evolve into its Gen IV evolutions via regular evolutionary stones rather than location-based rocks.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I've always disliked trade evolution since it was one of the hardest things to accomplish in the older games. I recall a lot of my friends playing the Gen I and II games in elementary school, but only one of us [me] had a Link Cable, and I only got it after Christmas around 2001 I believe. Back then it was basically a novelty and nobody else that I knew had one, which made trading impossible for us for a while.
I hate that as well. Never been a fan of trade evolution.

WalesNote

I hate trade evolutions. Could never get a Gengar or my lovely boy Politoed in any game (except Gengard in Platinum since I still have my Emerald to use for the Chateau place).

Being overleveled or gyms being underleveled (like in Sword my guys were lv55 and the last gym had high 40s).

Would be nice to see more diversity in characters (black characters and such).

Rivals that aren't very good. I've kind of hated most rivals in the series. Silver and your B/W2 rival were great.

I still think Johto is underdeveloped and doesn't have all that much in terms of exploration. It was good that we had new areas in the remakes, but there still is a lack of stuff compared to other games. Still makes Johto seem like an incomplete region, especially when Kanto is next to it.

Also, pokémon that cannot put their stats to use (looking at Flareon, though it has flare blitz now doesn't it)?

Leonhart

Imagineer
WalesNote said:
Rivals that aren't very good. I've kind of hated most rivals in the series. Silver and your B/W2 rival were great.

I loved Hyu (Hugh) because he was friendly rival without him seeming too sappy like the rivals in X/Y or Hau in Gen VII. I also liked that his goal was selfless since he was trying to get his sister's Pokemon back from the Plasma-dan (Team Plasma). We need more rivals like him in the games.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK

This!! I wanted a Kingdra in GSC so bad but couldn’t trade. I ended up not catching the Horsea at all because I didn’t want it if I couldn’t have a Kingdra

Leonhart

Imagineer
PorcelainVulpix said:
This!! I wanted a Kingdra in GSC so bad but couldn’t trade. I ended up not catching the Horsea at all because I didn’t want it if I couldn’t have a Kingdra

If I had been in the same situation, I probably wouldn't have bothered catching a Tattu (Horsea) for my team, either. I think Seadra would be the next best thing to a Kingdra [except that it's pure Water-type]. But at least it learned Dragon-type attacks even back in Gen II, although to me Seadra just doesn't look as cool as Kingdra.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Game Freak managed to make trading worse. Let's Go was bad but at least you had some say in terms of who you trade with and could tell who you were trading with. In Shield and Sword, you're pretty much going in blind. Who is the putz who thought that this kind of trading is a good idea? It's terrible!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member