• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Also no GTS which is utter ****.Please excuse my language
Word. Can understand the tone here, given the situation. Not even gonna bother with trade evolution.

Would have gotten things done with old school link trading which didn't randomly match people. Just needed to be friends and then we could go from there.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Word. Can understand the tone here, given the situation. Not even gonna bother with trade evolution.

Would have gotten things done with old school link trading which didn't randomly match people. Just needed to be friends and then we could go from there.
But then you couldn’t trade with random people.Like if you didn’t have any friends your kinda screwed.

Venomshock

I hate trade evolutions. Could never get a Gengar or my lovely boy Politoed in any game (except Gengard in Platinum since I still have my Emerald to use for the Chateau place).

Being overleveled or gyms being underleveled (like in Sword my guys were lv55 and the last gym had high 40s).

Would be nice to see more diversity in characters (black characters and such).

Rivals that aren't very good. I've kind of hated most rivals in the series. Silver and your B/W2 rival were great.

I still think Johto is underdeveloped and doesn't have all that much in terms of exploration. It was good that we had new areas in the remakes, but there still is a lack of stuff compared to other games. Still makes Johto seem like an incomplete region, especially when Kanto is next to it.

Also, pokémon that cannot put their stats to use (looking at Flareon, though it has flare blitz now doesn't it)?

I'd rather be overleveled for gyms than underleveled. I always train and grind too much so I'm almost always stronger than the gym leaders in each game.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
In the early gens it seems the player is too underleveled.Like in black and white I fight every trainer I come across and still am underleveled

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
But then you couldn’t trade with random people.Like if you didn’t have any friends your kinda screwed.
Yea. But that's what friend code exchanging is for. It helped with that. This new setup just makes things into that much more of an unnecessary hassle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Venomshock said:
I'd rather be overleveled for gyms than underleveled. I always train and grind too much so I'm almost always stronger than the gym leaders in each game.

I tend to be over-leveled in most Gym matches, although I don't mind being under-leveled if it means that Gyms get more challenging. X/Y in particular are games where I would rather be under-leveled simply because the Gyms felt too easy due to the Exp. Share making my team too strong.

Luthor

Game Freak managed to make trading worse. Let's Go was bad but at least you had some say in terms of who you trade with and could tell who you were trading with. In Shield and Sword, you're pretty much going in blind. Who is the putz who thought that this kind of trading is a good idea? It's terrible!

Ultimately I think Ultrasun & Ultramoon are the last game which had trading which I liked. It still had serious problems (like not really being set up for trade with item evolutions) but its substantially more convenient and had the added fun that it was relatively easy to end up with foreign language pokemon. I once ended up with a German Buzzwole which even had its German name Masskito. (which for the record is an awesome name)

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Ultimately I think Ultrasun & Ultramoon are the last game which had trading which I liked. It still had serious problems (like not really being set up for trade with item evolutions) but its substantially more convenient and had the added fun that it was relatively easy to end up with foreign language pokemon. I once ended up with a German Buzzwole which even had its German name Masskito. (which for the record is an awesome name)

I actually hated getting foreign Pokemon in trades especially Japanese ones. I would rather have Pokemon with English names that I can actually read.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
I actually hated getting foreign Pokemon in trades especially Japanese ones. I would rather have Pokemon with English names that I can actually read.

In a way I dislike that as well, but only because I'm very picky about my Pokemon. In general I don't do trades unless I need version exclusives or need to do a trade evolution, otherwise I usually use my own Pokemon on my teams and avoid using Pokemon that were caught by other people.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yea. But that's what friend code exchanging is for. It helped with that. This new setup just makes things into that much more of an unnecessary hassle.

the "new" trading system is indeed crap. they atleast had the sensibility to to choose a code/password to limit the trading instability to a degree. the problem rises if multiple people are using the same code at the same time and even then it takes some time to locate your trading partner's broadcast code....

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
the "new" trading system is indeed crap. they atleast had the sensibility to to choose a code/password to limit the trading instability to a degree. the problem rises if multiple people are using the same code at the same time and even then it takes some time to locate your trading partner's broadcast code....
Exactly. Not to mention the random matchmaking that you have no control over and if you're not paying full attention you end up not being able to tell who you're trading with.

As for foreign language Pokemon, I don't mind getting them in a trade. Love seeing what country the trainer is from.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Exactly. Not to mention the random matchmaking that you have no control over and if you're not paying full attention you end up not being able to tell who you're trading with.

As for foreign language Pokemon, I don't mind getting them in a trade. Love seeing what country the trainer is from.

i dont mind the foreign pokemon but id love it if they cut this RNG trading partner crap. you want to trade with player A and you cant even see who it is until you can start choosing pokemon in your storage boxes. your only chance is when the ??? player name shows up and god help you if that player also has the exact same name as player A. even then with the RNG player you have no clue as to what they can offer and what each side wants from a potential trade.

i only did 2 trading attempts so far, one with the RNG method and then the broadcast code to narrow it down. thats the extent of any online trades. i havent tried the FC method as of yet but it will need to happen eventually. im trying to get the pokemon by myself as it is then do some trades for the missing ones. it doesnt help that in still working on a dex for an Y game file and im putting some time into my HG file.

at this point with the expansion pack coming, they might as well just bring back the PSS (amazing function and form) and even the GTS function would still be better than this RNG BS.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
i dont mind the foreign pokemon but id love it if they cut this RNG trading partner crap. you want to trade with player A and you cant even see who it is until you can start choosing pokemon in your storage boxes. your only chance is when the ??? player name shows up and god help you if that player also has the exact same name as player A. even then with the RNG player you have no clue as to what they can offer and what each side wants from a potential trade.

i only did 2 trading attempts so far, one with the RNG method and then the broadcast code to narrow it down. thats the extent of any online trades. i havent tried the FC method as of yet but it will need to happen eventually. im trying to get the pokemon by myself as it is then do some trades for the missing ones. it doesnt help that in still working on a dex for an Y game file and im putting some time into my HG file.

at this point with the expansion pack coming, they might as well just bring back the PSS (amazing function and form) and even the GTS function would still be better than this RNG BS.
Exactly. I did (the FC method) and it doesn't help. Here's to hoping they do. I have more luck with surprise trade.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Exactly. I did (the FC method) and it doesn't help. Here's to hoping they do. I have more luck with surprise trade.

LOL so the FC is a useless feature as far as it is currently implemented. I will need to stick to the broadcast code at this point...

It's in times like these where one can look back and view the festival plaza system in a very favorable light...

Though if they were to bring back the older trading system, they might go the plaza route. The current one is similar to social media format and the plaza fits better though aspects of PSS can say the same thing.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
LOL so the FC is a useless feature as far as it is currently implemented. I will need to stick to the broadcast code at this point...

It's in times like these where one can look back and view the festival plaza system in a very favorable light...

Though if they were to bring back the older trading system, they might go the plaza route. The current one is similar to social media format and the plaza fits better though aspects of PSS can say the same thing.
Agreed. But even the codes are useless, since you still run into other people using the same code.

Word.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Agreed. But even the codes are useless, since you still run into other people using the same code.

Word.

the codes are still better than RNG. if you know what pokemon will be traded you can get an idea if its the right trainer. choosing uncommon numbers ie not 1234, 1111,2222 ETC will cut that down a bit...