• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
As the GTS now goes through Pokemon Home what can now be annoying is while you move a Pokemon Home to do the trade you end up missing the trade due to the time it takes.
Word. It's a bit of a pain due to that.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
When I traded a Karrablast for a Shelmet and there was no evolution. Didn't realise the new Pokemon home didn't work with them.
I know. I traded a Karrablast for a Shelmet hoping to get an Accelgor to keep because the one I traded my one Karrablast for I traded back because it was the agreement of my trading partner and it was also a Shiny so I wouldn’t have felt comfortable keeping it knowing how many players value any Shinies they have. The trade Evolutions are what keeps the whole GTS alive years after everyone has grabbed version exclusives.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
All the Gym Leader’s in SwSh’s post game tell you, in some variation, to call them if you need their assistance but there’s never a time to use it. Realistically, one would think they’d help you in Max Raid battles. It’s not like it’s unprecedented for you to recruit important NPCs for battles.

This is just so you can rematch them later. I agree though.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
You can't trade event or other mythical pokemon in the GTS. This seems contradictory to the entire theme of pokemon. What is the point of having two versions of every game to encourage trade then trade-lock pokemon that people want the most?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You can't trade event or other mythical pokemon in the GTS. This seems contradictory to the entire theme of pokemon. What is the point of having two versions of every game to encourage trade then trade-lock pokemon that people want the most?
I'm glad they did that. Too many people were abusing it asking for impossible trades, etc. They still can be traded in other ways.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Too bad from the looks of HOME the same thing with impossible/unreasonable trades is happening there AGAIN.
God I hate this community the trading system IS NOT TO BE USED LIKE THAT.
Yea it's frustrating. It took 3-4 days to trade a Larvitar for a Popplio, given all of the impossible trades or trades that will never happen that clog up the system. It's been like it for years.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Too bad from the looks of HOME the same thing with impossible/unreasonable trades is happening there AGAIN.
God I hate this community the trading system IS NOT TO BE USED LIKE THAT.
Home at least allows you to check a box to ignore trades asking for legendaries (which is 90% of unreasonable trades usually) Impossible trades shouldn't even be allowed to be searched/selected in the first place. That feels like poor execution on the part of the developer. You can still ask for pokemon that are trade locked, or request pokemon at levels that don't occur naturally in-game. (like a lv 1 dragonite)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Home at least allows you to check a box to ignore trades asking for legendaries (which is 90% of unreasonable trades usually) Impossible trades shouldn't even be allowed to be searched/selected in the first place. That feels like poor execution on the part of the developer. You can still ask for pokemon that are trade locked, or request pokemon at levels that don't occur naturally in-game. (like a lv 1 dragonite)
That doesn't help much, as certain legendary Pokemon sfill show up search wise.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It took me a couple of days to trade a share Solgaleo for a Lunala on GTS. But then again I only ask for what I consider a fair trade on there such as one version exclusive for another or a common low leveled early route for a different low level early route Pokémon. I’d never ask for a Dialga by offering a Zigzagoon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It took me a couple of days to trade a share Solgaleo for a Lunala on GTS. But then again I only ask for what I consider a fair trade on there such as one version exclusive for another or a common low leveled early route for a different low level early route Pokémon. I’d never ask for a Dialga by offering a Zigzagoon.
That's good. I don't trade events since they're so uncommon. Best I can do to recollect them would be to offer the mythical birds from Lets Go, since we catch them in the wild as well. I'm not trading the mythical Pokemon I have over.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That's good. I don't trade events since they're so uncommon. Best I can do to recollect them would be to offer the mythical birds from Lets Go, since we catch them in the wild as well.
It wasn’t an event. It was one of the extra Legendaries I had in my US game and that I caught myself. All event Pokémon can’t be traded on the GTS.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It wasn’t an event. It was one of the extra Legendaries I had in my US game and that I caught myself. All event Pokémon can’t be traded on the GTS.
Yea I know. I mean via regular trade. I only have one per event and legendary. Not to mention the risk of moving Pokemon from Bank over to Home. I don't want to risk losing Pokemon that are rare and such.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
That doesn't help much, as certain legendary Pokemon sfill show up search wise.
In-game 'legendaries' are so common you normally have 1-3 by the time you complete your first play through of any pokemon game. I'm not sure they count. If I have a game-stop Victini I would at least like the OPTION to atempt to trade for a game-stop Keldeo, that's all I'm saying. You are always going to have people trying to abuse the system, but the current way also prevents people who are trying to use it properly.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t know if I said this already, but I hate it when people say that Squirtle is part Squirrel. It’s....not.
I think people think that because of the tail and how Squir- is coincidentally the first half of squirrel. I’ve always seen the name as it was always intended to be: Squirt+Turtle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Missingno.Fan said:
I don’t know if I said this already, but I hate it when people say that Squirtle is part Squirrel. It’s....not.

It doesn't annoy me per se, but I've never truly understood how Zenigame (Squirtle) supposedly resembles a squirrel other than its tail, but even that feels like a bit of a stretch to me personally. I always assumed that its English name was based on the word squirt, anyway. One tiny nitpick that I do have about the species is that I absolutely hate its Base Set TCG card's artwork.