1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things that grind your gears!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Frost Mage, May 19, 2013.

1. Ignition

Ignition I change these way too often

That’s terrible logic. Sure I agree the complaints about Gen 1 representation get a bit overboard but
    it’s not the same as Mario or DK. Both of them don’t let the references and callback take as much significance as Pokémon does with Gen 1. Saying we wouldn’t have others generations w/o is a no brainer.

And it’s not like people are mad over Kanto getting representation: look at regional variations & Megas as well as the return of Red/Blue in SM. It’s when it gets more than other regions and the same Pokémon get attention like Meowth, Eevee, & Charizard.

I don’t see how it’s not obvious why people don’t like it regardless of if you agree or not

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I get what you're trying to say, although I think many of the complaints about too much Gen I pandering have had more to do with the sheer amount of Gen I nostalgia bait by comparison to, say, Gen II nostalgia pandering. I like Kanto as much as anyone, but after about five or six years of back-to-back Gen I nostalgia bombs, I've grown extremely weary of that whole era of the franchise.

Venomshock and NeedsAName like this.
  3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Female Salandit don't have a gender distinction. It's frustrating because in Sword and Shield you can see overworld Combee's gender difference so you know what's not useless. Not so with Salandit

Venomshock and NeedsAName like this.
  4. Ignition

All the Gym Leader’s in SwSh’s post game tell you, in some variation, to call them if you need their assistance but there’s never a time to use it. Realistically, one would think they’d help you in Max Raid battles. It’s not like it’s unprecedented for you to recruit important NPCs for battles.

5. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

As the GTS now goes through Pokemon Home what can now be annoying is while you move a Pokemon Home to do the trade you end up missing the trade due to the time it takes.

NeedsAName likes this.
  6. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Word. It's a bit of a pain due to that.

NeedsAName likes this.
  7. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

When I traded a Karrablast for a Shelmet and there was no evolution. Didn't realise the new Pokemon home didn't work with them.

NeedsAName likes this.
  8. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I know. I traded a Karrablast for a Shelmet hoping to get an Accelgor to keep because the one I traded my one Karrablast for I traded back because it was the agreement of my trading partner and it was also a Shiny so I wouldn’t have felt comfortable keeping it knowing how many players value any Shinies they have. The trade Evolutions are what keeps the whole GTS alive years after everyone has grabbed version exclusives.

NeedsAName and Luthor like this.
  9. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

This is just so you can rematch them later. I agree though.

NeedsAName likes this.
  10. Ignition

Never thought about that. Good point

11. Jesness

Jesness Member

You can't trade event or other mythical pokemon in the GTS. This seems contradictory to the entire theme of pokemon. What is the point of having two versions of every game to encourage trade then trade-lock pokemon that people want the most?

Leonhart likes this.
  12. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad they did that. Too many people were abusing it asking for impossible trades, etc. They still can be traded in other ways.

13. EmeraldArcanine

EmeraldArcanine #TeamScorbunny

Too bad from the looks of HOME the same thing with impossible/unreasonable trades is happening there AGAIN.
    God I hate this community the trading system IS NOT TO BE USED LIKE THAT.

NeedsAName, Leonhart and wolf jani like this.
  14. WishIhadaManafi5

Yea it's frustrating. It took 3-4 days to trade a Larvitar for a Popplio, given all of the impossible trades or trades that will never happen that clog up the system. It's been like it for years.

NeedsAName likes this.
  15. Jesness

Jesness Member

Home at least allows you to check a box to ignore trades asking for legendaries (which is 90% of unreasonable trades usually) Impossible trades shouldn't even be allowed to be searched/selected in the first place. That feels like poor execution on the part of the developer. You can still ask for pokemon that are trade locked, or request pokemon at levels that don't occur naturally in-game. (like a lv 1 dragonite)

NeedsAName and Leonhart like this.
  16. WishIhadaManafi5

That doesn't help much, as certain legendary Pokemon sfill show up search wise.

EmeraldArcanine likes this.
  17. Captain Jigglypuff

It took me a couple of days to trade a share Solgaleo for a Lunala on GTS. But then again I only ask for what I consider a fair trade on there such as one version exclusive for another or a common low leveled early route for a different low level early route Pokémon. I’d never ask for a Dialga by offering a Zigzagoon.

NeedsAName likes this.
  18. WishIhadaManafi5

That's good. I don't trade events since they're so uncommon. Best I can do to recollect them would be to offer the mythical birds from Lets Go, since we catch them in the wild as well. I'm not trading the mythical Pokemon I have over.

19. Captain Jigglypuff

It wasn’t an event. It was one of the extra Legendaries I had in my US game and that I caught myself. All event Pokémon can’t be traded on the GTS.

NeedsAName likes this.
  20. WishIhadaManafi5

Yea I know. I mean via regular trade. I only have one per event and legendary. Not to mention the risk of moving Pokemon from Bank over to Home. I don't want to risk losing Pokemon that are rare and such.