• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Leonhart

Imagineer
carterfeygo said:
That always bugged me too. Voltorb's too big to realistically pass for a PokeBall. I hate how Amoonguss has a similar problem.

What makes me chuckle is that Marumine (Electrode) is huge and has the reverse color pattern of its pre-evolved form, yet in R/S/E it can still disguise itself as a Monster Ball (Poke Ball).

Orphalesion

Wait what? People *liked* that awful Game Corner? It was boring as heck! Just stand there, press a button and you either win some of those coins or you lose some. *fun* :rolleyes:
And if that wasn't bad enough, it was for a long time the only way to get Porygon, which costed a ridiculous amount of coins. The only way I got it as a kid in Blue was through exploiting the Missingno bug and multiplying nuggets to sell and buy coins with, otherwise I would have never gotten that thing.
If anything the Game Corner thought me that gambling is boring.

Thank god for PEGI and freeing us of that nonsense, otherwise they might have continued that idea into the modern generations and made other Pokemon exclusive to it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Orphalesion said:
Wait what? People *liked* that awful Game Corner? It was boring as heck! Just stand there, press a button and you either win some of those coins or you lose some. *fun* :rolleyes:
And if that wasn't bad enough, it was for a long time the only way to get Porygon, which costed a ridiculous amount of coins. The only way I got it as a kid in Blue was through exploiting the Missingno bug and multiplying nuggets to sell and buy coins with, otherwise I would have never gotten that thing.
If anything the Game Corner thought me that gambling is boring.

Thank god for PEGI and freeing us of that nonsense, otherwise they might have continued that idea into the modern generations and made other Pokemon exclusive to it.

Considering that the Game Corners were around for four generations, I figure that a lot of fans must've enjoyed them otherwise Game Freak wouldn't have bothered keeping them for over a decade. I know that gambling isn't for everyone, but at least they were a fun side activity for some of us.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Who won't complain that shiny Meltan isn't available in Pokémon GO anymore? That means no more shiny Meltan and shiny Melmetal in GO, Let's GO and even Sword and Shield.

NeedsAName

The fact that there are so few of the pseudo legendary pokemon are not dragon types. I now dragons are cool and all but Metagross is great despite not being a dragon.

I know! Metagross was a great example of a non-draconic non-Dragon-type pseudo-legend. Ideas for non-dragons (with lesser-used or unused type combos):
  • Steel/Dark-type tiger
  • Poison/Steel-type lion
  • Flying/Ice-type hawk
  • Fairy/Rock-type minotaur
  • Fire/Poison-type chameleon
  • Ice/Normal-type polar bear

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
The fact that there are so few of the pseudo legendary pokemon are not dragon types. I know dragons are cool and all but Metagross is great despite not being a dragon.

Oh, I agree with this. Every single new Gen, I always pray the pseudo isn't a dragon, but I feel like I should give up at this point. Gen 3 in particular I feel is a big offender; while I don't mind Salamence, I don't think we needed a dragon as well as Metagross; feels like they didn't like not having a dragon in Gen 2, so Salamence exists to make up for that and the pseudos have all been dragons ever since. I miss non-dragon pseudos.

And on the topic of dragons...

I'm kinda sick of every single third legendary being a dragon. Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem, Zygarde, Necrozma (The Ultra form is said to be its true form and since it's a dragon, it counts in my eyes) and Eternatus are all Dragon types. Giratina and Kyurem somewhat get away with it since the other members of their trios are dragons, but do the others have an excuse?

Dragon is one of my favourite types. But I just feel the "Pseudo" and third legends mostly being dragons trope is getting old, even if I happen to like some of these Pokemon quite a bit.

NeedsAName

Oh, I agree with this. Every single new Gen, I always pray the pseudo isn't a dragon, but I feel like I should give up at this point. Gen 3 in particular I feel is a big offender; while I don't mind Salamence, I don't think we needed a dragon as well as Metagross; feels like they didn't like not having a dragon in Gen 2, so Salamence exists to make up for that and the pseudos have all been dragons ever since. I miss non-dragon pseudos.

And on the topic of dragons...

I'm kinda sick of every single third legendary being a dragon. Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem, Zygarde, Necrozma (The Ultra form is said to be its true form and since it's a dragon, it counts in my eyes) and Eternatus are all Dragon types. Giratina and Kyurem somewhat get away with it since the other members of their trios are dragons, but do the others have an excuse?

Dragon is one of my favourite types. But I just feel the "Pseudo" and third legends mostly being dragons trope is getting old, even if I happen to like some of these Pokemon quite a bit.

Exactly. Especially since Dragon is already the 4th-rarest type (currently only 60 dragon-types), this is so egregious. Just give us something interesting. Like the cover legendaries being Psychic/Electric, Fighting/Ground, and Ghost/Fairy. Or maybe more single-types with the cover legendaries being Bug-type, Fighting-type, and Flying-type.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Exactly. Especially since Dragon is already the 4th-rarest type (currently only 60 dragon-types), this is so egregious. Just give us something interesting. Like the cover legendaries being Psychic/Electric, Fighting/Ground, and Ghost/Fairy. Or maybe more single-types with the cover legendaries being Bug-type, Fighting-type, and Flying-type.
I think having more pseudo-legends not being or partially based on Dragons need to happen more. Metagross was a pleasant surprise from this trend. Tyranitar might not be a Dragon itself, it is still pushing it given how it is partially based on a T. Rex and we’ve got the Tyrunt line which is part Dragon. Why not have a super strong Electric/Fighting Type that resembles a kick boxer with electricity for hair or a Psychic/Water dolphin?

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
The fact that there are so few of the pseudo legendary pokemon are not dragon types. I know dragons are cool and all but Metagross is great despite not being a dragon.

I agree that there are too many Dragon-type Legendaries, although I'll admit that I wouldn't have minded if Lugia had been part Dragon-type given that it looks like a dragon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I love my dragons so I don't mind all pseudos being dragon-types lol

My only issue is that only a few of them have designs I like.

Haxorus should have been Gen V's pseudos. Not a fan of Hydreigon.

Also, Kommo-o really dissapointed me. I've always wanted a Dragon/Fighting type but Kommo-o ends up being really a dissapointment in terms of design.

As for things that irritate me:

No Water/Fighting starter. C'mon, GF, I want to have a water friend for Blaziken and Chesnaught!

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Exactly. Especially since Dragon is already the 4th-rarest type (currently only 60 dragon-types), this is so egregious.

This also reminds me of something now that you mention it. Of those 60, 3 of those are also Mega Evolutions given the Dragon typing (Not counting those who were already Dragon type), so that's even less variety for Dragon types. There's very few options of non pseudo, non legendary, non Mega Evolution Dragon types. Fully evolved (Includes single stage) and not counting what I mentioned , you have:

Exeggutor Alola, Kingdra, Flygon, Altaria, Haxorus, Druddigon, Dragalge, Tyrantrum, Noivern, Turtonator, Drampa, Flapple, Appletun, Dracozolt, Dracovish, Duraludon.

That's it. They're really determined to keep giving Dragon type to pseudo legends and third legends, but again, I thinks it's getting really old at this point.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
On the topic of dragons, just give us a three-stage fire/dragon and water/dragon.

The reason Charizard and Gyarados are still relevant is because they just didn't do the right thing and used those type combinations for non-legend dragons (I'm refering to dragon-looking pokémon so I'm not counting things like Turtonator and Kingdra)

NeedsAName

On the topic of dragons, just give us a three-stage fire/dragon and water/dragon.

Seriously, just give us a set of starters that all get Dragon-type in their final stage. Could be a calm tree-like Chinese Dragon, raging fire-breathing European Dragon, and ancient sea serpent Dragon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Seriously, just give us a set of starters that all get Dragon-type in their final stage. Could be a calm tree-like Chinese Dragon, raging fire-breathing European Dragon, and ancient sea serpent Dragon.

I'd settle for just a Dragon starter. I've always wanted one and a Dragon Eeveelution!
It's beyond ridiculous Fairy got a starter *snap* like that when other types still haven't been on a starter.... doesn't help I hate that type. Still find it unneeded and unbalanced -_-

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think it’s slightly annoying how some of the Crystal Egg moves can’t be transferred into Gen VII and VIII. I want my Dizzy Punch Shiny Pichu in Gen VII! It’s not like this is some random move hacked onto a Pokémon that renders it illegal. If it was something like a Meowth that knew Aeroblast I’d understand but Dizzy Punch on a Baby Pokémon hatched from the Odd Egg?