• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Luthor

One thing that is annoying is Galarian Stunfisk doesn't get additional alternative options for its ability. Mimicry is ok but it really doesn't get the move options to justify the ability and the effect of it can be negative. Especially considering one of the biggest deals about it is that it traps its prey. Why not give it Arena trap or Shadow Tag which all fit the theme better and doesn't have a negative impact.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm so sick and tired of jerks stopping a raid once it fills to capacity. It's not all about you. (Meaning them.) A lot of us work hard at trying to find certain raids and it is very annoying getting kicked out.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I think it’s slightly annoying how some of the Crystal Egg moves can’t be transferred into Gen VII and VIII. I want my Dizzy Punch Shiny Pichu in Gen VII! It’s not like this is some random move hacked onto a Pokémon that renders it illegal. If it was something like a Meowth that knew Aeroblast I’d understand but Dizzy Punch on a Baby Pokémon hatched from the Odd Egg?
...And something that bugs me off in the VC versions is that Pikachu from Yellow may not be transfered into Bank for some reason when I tried a long time ago, but Cerulean Cave and Safari Zone mons are also flagged and blocked by Pokémon Bank. That lv.7 Chansey you got in Yellow that took you AGES to catch? BLOCKED. A Lickitung caught in Cerulean Cave in Yellow too? BLOCKED. Some mons you get in-trades from NPCs such as Jynx or Mr. Mime? BLOCKED (well, some of them...) However, many hacked mons pass through the Bank.

If ya heard the news, even Gen 8 mons can be put into the Bank due to a glitch, which is THE reason I'm NOT gonna buy Sword/Shield. Pokémon HOME is FLOODED with Gen 8 mons created via glitches and Nintendo ain't doing anything to stop cheaters and hackers, but hey, they block our LEGAL mons!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact you can't breed Pokemon of different variants to the region you're in to retain the same variant as your parent. This denies me Persian or else I give up my gift Gigantamax Meowth

Luthor

The fact you can't breed Pokemon of different variants to the region you're in to retain the same variant as your parent. This denies me Persian or else I give up my gift Gigantamax Meowth

If you breed a regional variant and have them hold an everstone they will hatch into that form (ie it will hatch into a regular Meowth if bred from one that held the stone). It will need to be female or bred using ditto but it's doable. You can also get a Persian in Sword and Shield from the in-game trade in Turffield Stadium where you get a non Gigantamax Kanto Meowth for a Galar Meowth. Lastly Gigantamax Meowth can't evolve.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
If you breed a regional variant and have them hold an everstone they will hatch into that form (ie it will hatch into a regular Meowth if bred from one that held the stone). It will need to be female or bred using ditto but it's doable. You can also get a Persian in Sword and Shield from the in-game trade in Turffield Stadium where you get a non Gigantamax Kanto Meowth for a Galar Meowth. Lastly Gigantamax Meowth can't evolve.
You can breed the male side down too if that side holds the Everstone and the female is the local variant. Like in Alola:

Male standard Ninetales with Everstone + female Alolan Ninetales without Everstone gives standard Vulpix. Only Hidden abilities are only passed down from the female side or non-Ditto side, regional variants can come from either side as long as it has an Everstone. For example in Alola:

Male standard Flash Fire Ninetales with Everstone + female Alolan Ninetales with Snow Warning and no Everstone gives standard Vulpix with a 60% chance of Drought ability and 40% chance of Flash Fire.

Luthor

You can breed the male side down too if that side holds the Everstone and the female is the local variant, as long as they're the same species. Like in Alola:

Male standard Ninetales with Everstone + female Alolan Ninetales without Everstone gives standard Vulpix. Only Hidden abilities are only passed down from the female side or non-Ditto side, regional variants can come from either side as long as it has an Everstone. For example in Alola:

Male standard Flash Fire Ninetales with Everstone + female Alolan Ninetales with Snow Warning and no Everstone gives standard Vulpix with a 60% chance of Drought ability.

That I didn't know. Very interesting.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I'm so sick and tired of jerks stopping a raid once it fills to capacity. It's not all about you. (Meaning them.) A lot of us work hard at trying to find certain raids and it is very annoying getting kicked out.
This happened to me also, during one of the raid battles, one of the other people's Pokemon fainted in one hit and he rage quitted because of that.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This happened to me also, during one of the raid battles, one of the other people's Pokemon fainted in one hit and he rage quitted because of that.
Dang that sucks. Wish there was a way to block people who do that, and who show off Pokemon. Instead of having to rely on stamps that show up via ycomm.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
the gen8 fossils. having them all mismatched is a horrible idea on the eyes. arctovish is decent in design as the 2 halves aren't too wild when mixed, at best is clunky. the others are just the byproduct of people using certain products when designing a pokemon's appearance. i cant post a URL in this post but there is a vid on YT that does a great job on reconstituting them and acrtovish/coelacanth relative is rather cute.

Nicholas Perkins

The Smasher Demon
That Pokémon’s musical representation in Ultimate is less than it could be. It’s currently the highest grossing franchise, and it only has less than 40 songs right now (doesn’t even have spinoff material). If I were in charge of Ultimate’s music selection, I’d draft at least 80 songs (not that I expect ALL of them to get approved, but still).

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
That Pokémon’s musical representation in Ultimate is less than it could be. It’s currently the highest grossing franchise, and it only has less than 40 songs right now (doesn’t even have spinoff material). If I were in charge of Ultimate’s music selection, I’d draft at least 80 songs (not that I expect ALL of them to get approved, but still).
I agree. I like most of the songs in Ultimate but I feel like a lot of popular music tracks are missing. That’s why I was happy Incineroar got in because that’d mean a SM music but we only got 3 songs iirc (which, tbf, are good). That’s why I’m kind of hoping we get another Pokémon as DLC so we get more Pokémon music even if it’s just Gen 8 tunes

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The Sync Scout is definitely the most annoying part of Pokemon Masters.

It's a gacha game so those things are part of the package.

Either way, at least DeNA got better with gem distribution. Gee, I got Red 5/5 merely using my free gems (I also got really luck judging for the stories I've read so there's that).

The only thing I wish is that they made better gem promotion. I agree their price tags tend to be a bit too high.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
This probably annoys me more than it should, but the fact that Hop has a random G-Max Corviknight out of nowhere in the rematch feels really weird to me. Did the Rookidee he got at the start of the game have the G-Max factor or something? There's quite a number of instances where they put emphasis on the starter he got; if they really wanted him to have his Corviknight be a G-Max variant , then I think they should have done that at the tournament just before the end of the game instead of Dynamaxing his starter, then it would tell me it was a vital team mate of his, since SwSh likes to make it out that G-Max is extra special. This, believe it or not, is one of the reasons why it annoys me a bit that the G-Max starters were held off until the upcoming DLC. Because of the way they handled Hop, it would have made much more sense to G-Max his starter instead of randomly having his Corviknight be a G-Max. Nessa has similar problems, but I think Hop is more guilty than her.

The overhype of certain Pokemon like Lucario and the overuse of Kanto stuff in the recent games.

Oh, this annoys me too, a lot, and I know many others who are sick of seeing the same stuff over and over. But whether we like it or not, Kanto sells, and they know it; that's very likely the reason there's a lot of Kanto pandering and I honestly don't think it's going to slow down anytime soon.

It's the same thing with overhyped Pokemon. They always like to use Pokemon such as Charizard, Lucario, Greninja etc. is because they know anything with them on it sells. There's a reason Pokemon such as these get so much special treatment.
(And personally, I absolutely hate it when they play favourites especially in case of starter Pokemon, but that's just me. )

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think one of the main things that irks me about overexposed Pokemon is that there's never any middle ground or relief from the same marketing tactics. Either we get the usual Kanto pandering that includes tons of promotion for Pikachu, Mewtwo, Eievui (Eevee), Lizardon (Charizard), and a few other highly popular Kanto Pokemon, or we get the standard Lucario and Gekkouga (Greninja) pandering. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place no matter what.